Response suggestions to being "saved" @ work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Response suggestions to being "saved" @ work?
I'd be curious to know what would happen if you wore a crucifix on a neckless. Maybe they'd assume you've already been saved and just leave you alone. Or what would happen if you wore a star of David, or a Pentagram containing a goat head.

You could have a little fun with this by turning it into an experiment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
14-04-2013, 05:40 PM
(14-04-2013 03:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'd be curious to know what would happen if you wore a crucifix on a neckless. Maybe they'd assume you've already been saved and just leave you alone. Or what would happen if you wore a star of David, or a Pentagram containing a goat head.

You could have a little fun with this by turning it into an experiment.

HA HA! That's actually a pretty funny idea! I wouldn't wear a crucifix though, then I'd be portraying a worldview I don't agree with thus turning me into one of "them." I'm sure the Pentagram or star of David would surely bring some discussions....exactly what I'm trying to avoid.
06-06-2013, 09:53 PM
They have in you a captive audience. It's not like you can leave. Altho this doesn't apply to you, when these people would go door to door in our neighborhood, my hubby would go to the door buck naked and invite them in. Of course they'd politely decline.
24-06-2013, 05:56 AM
"Company policy doesn't permit me to discuss anything that isn't work related on company time"
[+] 2 users Like Takelababy's post
24-06-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 06:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-04-2013 01:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 01:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
If you say what I wrote there is NO opening for them to exploit.

Maybe but the word "strangers" is alienating and that's not good customer-relationship stuff.

Better to say "with people who don't know me" (as opposed to "people I don't know")

Yes

I agree and disagree. They ARE strangers, and they have inappropriately felt free to cross a cultural boundary in the United States, and she actually has a right to be angry about that. She in no way gave them permission to intrude on her private life. So, I agree "strangers" IS alienating, and has a subliminal element of a tiny bit of anger, but I think that's entirely appropriate. It's actually the equivalent of someone walking up to her and asking her to discuss her sexual life. There may be a better way to say it, but there should be an element of "it's none of your fucking business" about it. Maybe, "my private life is private, is there anything else I can do for you today here at the bank". There should be a "push back" / "hand slap" in the reply, so they'll learn something from the teachable moment, and think twice before they do it again.
Maybe a sweet patronizing "Oh my dear, there is a place and time for everything. This is work." .... and just leave it at that, and let them finish it in their mind. A nice sweet brush off/put down. The "my dear" may nag at them, but THEY crossed the boundary, and you replied in kind. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-06-2013, 06:41 AM
We all know that no matter how much thought you put into how the hell to get them out the door with minimum fuss chances are they'll still find a way to fuck it up Dodgy
24-06-2013, 06:52 AM
(24-06-2013 05:56 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  "Company policy doesn't permit me to discuss anything that isn't work related on company time"

exelent. Or maybe
"Company policy doesn't permit me to discuss religion or politics with clients/costumers"

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-06-2013, 10:19 AM
I've always wanted to try the Dov Davidoff method (designed for use on hobos)...

Basically you just come back at them with something crazier than what they just said to you and hopefully the two forces of crazy will cancel each other out...or at least the fundee will leave in confusion.

Fundee: You need to pray your way into the house of the lord!
You: How am i supposed to eat soup when i dont have an envelope?
Fundee: uhh, ahh...The lord loves you and wants you...
You: The lord of black forest ham!
Fundee: Errr...How about dropping by our service next Sun...
You: Can't smoke a pineapple without a wrench you know?!
Fundee: You're right, I am religiously insane, I think I should go home and watch Cosmos now.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I personally go with sarcasm, but that might get you a complaint.

fundie: have you been saved?
you: yes - 30 times yesterday by the crazy people next door.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-06-2013, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 11:00 AM by Scully.)
Definitely discuss this with your supervisor. You are being targeted by religious thugs who approach you because you'll be a captive audience.

A lot of businesses post "No Solicitation" signs near the entrance and the cash register. Then when these people show up you can point to the sign and the security camera and say "I'm on company time. I can't get into a religious discussion with you."

Now depending on the frequency of these calls, you may also cite them for harassment, once you've told them that you don't want to pursue religious conversations with them. Get a recording with your iPhone which creates a timestamp for future reference.

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)