Response to sis-in-law zealot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Response to sis-in-law zealot
(28-03-2015 10:41 AM)Russ Wrote:  Which god? Drinking Beverage

Odin of course!

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aesirus's post
28-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Every day on here I am more thankful that I didn't/don't have a family of religionuts.

Unfortunately, the lack of them didn't prepare me for what I would encounter out among the general population.

Some of the things I read on here regarding family and religion leave me just shaking my head.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-03-2015, 11:46 AM
(28-03-2015 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Every day on here I am more thankful that I didn't/don't have a family of religionuts.

Unfortunately, the lack of them didn't prepare me for what I would encounter out among the general population.

Some of the things I read on here regarding family and religion leave me just shaking my head.

I live in the NW. Perhaps the least religious part of the U.S. and I'm still surrounded by them. I can't even imagine what it is like in other States.

[+] 1 user Likes aesirus's post
28-03-2015, 02:45 PM
(28-03-2015 11:04 AM)aesirus Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 10:41 AM)Russ Wrote:  Which god? Drinking Beverage

Odin of course!

Of course. Beer and pussy parties every night in Valhalla and all he requires is that you die with a sword in your hand. Can't ask for more than that.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-03-2015, 06:09 PM
(27-03-2015 11:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You could show her the extended Pascal's Wager:
[Image: aVSVQ.png]

Or, you could simply point out that believing in God just for the sake of avoiding hell is selfish and pretentious. Would God want you to do that?

The chart says Catholism... Twice.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2015, 12:42 PM
The best way to deal with someone such as this, is to ignore her. Your silence will do more than your words can ever do. Trust me.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
30-03-2015, 09:19 AM
For the most part, silence is the route I've taken to this point. Holding my tongue is hard to do...especially when attacked.
My own sister-in-law has told me "Kiss my ass!" among many other hurtful and non-christian replies.
30-03-2015, 10:03 AM
(28-03-2015 10:37 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  As other's have pointed out, this is the ignorant scare tactic called paschal's wager.

Pascal's Wager - It is a "safe bet" to believe in God just in case he is real. What's the harm? If you believe and he doesn't exist, you don't lose anything, but if you don't believe and he does exist, you lose big time.

One cannot pretend to believe, one either does or does not. I surmise that a large percentage of "christians" go through the motions under this pretense. If there is a god, I am sure he can see through the pretending..the greatest problem with the wager is its suggestion that a rational person can knowingly will himself to believe a proposition for which he has no evidence. A person can profess any creed he likes, of course, but to really believe something, he must also believe that the belief under consideration is true.

Show her this Smile

[Image: 160d8qd.jpg]

Excellent chart. Hadn't seen that one before. Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
30-03-2015, 10:04 AM
(30-03-2015 09:19 AM)navigide Wrote:  For the most part, silence is the route I've taken to this point. Holding my tongue is hard to do...especially when attacked.
My own sister-in-law has told me "Kiss my ass!" among many other hurtful and non-christian replies.

Sounds like the next response is uncontrolled laughter and a look of sympathy. How you should feel a bit of pity for someone with a serious mental health problem.

30-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Anything she sends you just reply with

"hahahahahahahaha! good joke! thanks for the laugh today!"

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.