Rest In Peace, Mr./Ms. Mouse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 03:45 AM
RE: Rest In Peace, Mr./Ms. Mouse
(20-09-2012 03:15 AM)Filox Wrote:  Free Thought, the cat is his pet, not the mouse. Smile

And now I feel inattentive...
It's still sad though!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2012, 03:59 AM
But why do you find this sad? I just had a burger, I'm I suppose to cry because there was some meat and some salad in it? Cat caught a mouse. I simply can not view this as something sad. This is the most normal thing that can happen. You people should think about your emotions and feelings, you do not make a lot of sense.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-09-2012, 01:58 AM
(20-09-2012 03:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  But why do you find this sad? I just had a burger, I'm I suppose to cry because there was some meat and some salad in it? Cat caught a mouse. I simply can not view this as something sad. This is the most normal thing that can happen. You people should think about your emotions and feelings, you do not make a lot of sense.

Emotion and feelings, even over seemingly odd things, may be a precursor to higher issues and our moral and emotional responses to such.
I do not think a general callous attitude would have the same benefit.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
21-09-2012, 02:37 AM
(19-09-2012 06:09 AM)Vosur Wrote:  When I was just about to leave for school today, I noticed my cat carrying a mouse around. I wasn't suprised, because she does this rather frequently, though something was different this time. I chased my cat and eventually caused her to drop it by moving too close to her and that's when I saw that the mouse was still alive.

I brought her in my room into safety, shutting out my cat and locking my door behind me with the windows opened wide (for fresh air).
When I got back from school today, Mr./Ms. Mouse had died from an unknown cause. I noticed that she wasn't breathing anymore and that the postmortem rigidity had already occured. I decided to bury her in my garden.

RIP Weeping

My cat has killed hundreds of animals, birds, rabbits, mice, even a few bats and squirrels. I've had him for about 8 years. In all this time only 1 animal has ever been saved from his terrible jaws of death, a lone rabbit that I saved before my cat had injured him to much. I named him Solomon and released him back into the wild far far away from my cat.

I don't dig a single grave for any one creature, no, my cat kills so many I have buried them in a mass grave in front of my house. That's IF there's enough of them left to bury... I stopped counting a long time ago, all I know is that it is well in the hundreds.
21-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I never interfere with my cats and their prey. It their way of life and their hunting. I just throw them out together with their prey, if they bring it inside the house and they always do, just for the show.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
22-09-2012, 01:52 AM
My cat story was better. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2012, 02:04 AM
We have a mass grave for all our pets and animal kills. I couldn't begin to count all the critters in it. It has a nice big polished rock on top. Our cat, (named Damnit), likes to catch bats, for the sport. She doesn't eat them, just brings them to the door to show off, and prove that she got another one. She drops it, and walks off, like "take THAT. YOU clean it up. I am Miss Predator".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-09-2012, 02:18 AM
(20-09-2012 03:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  But why do you find this sad? I just had a burger, I'm I suppose to cry because there was some meat and some salad in it? Cat caught a mouse. I simply can not view this as something sad. This is the most normal thing that can happen. You people should think about your emotions and feelings, you do not make a lot of sense.

With all due respect, I think you're assuming FAR too much about others' emotional state when it comes to these sorts of things. I've noticed it a few times on the forum in just the short time that I've been here.

Claiming to be "sad" about such an incident doesn't mean that the individual is bawling his/her eyes out on their pillow every night because of the loss of some rodent. The level of sadness is very likely miniscule - despite the seemingly overly-theatric act of burial/memorial - and ultimately amounts to nothing more than "Awww...sad-face." before the individual in question moves on with their life.

So he gave it a little grave instead of tossing it out the door. So he put a little cross on it (don't tell the uber-atheists, they'll be protesting at his doorstep). So he had the half-smartassed idea to take "memorial" pictures and post them to the forum. So what? If you'll recall, I hit a cat with my car recently and felt a bit like a douche about it, so I too posted something on the forum. And do you know what I did immediately after killing the cat and posting it on the forum?

I jerked off in the shower and fell asleep watching "Wilfred" on iTunes. After taking a lengthy shit while looking at the fitness models in Muscle & Fitness, that is.

Some of us have expressed a measure of sadness over the demise of a cute little critter. This is true. And you know what else? We've gotten the fuck over it. Your condescention and attempts at emotional correction are unwarrented, because we're not taking these things anywhere near as seriously as you seem to think we are. I realize this is the internet and emotions and body-language are completely lost in translation, but jesus-fuck, dude, you're on an atheist website. Surely you are capable of greater objective reasoning than to assume that our emotions are running out of control simply because we express a bit (and I do mean "a bit") of fucking compassion and regret when these things occur. Be the atheist that you're supposed to be and don't jump to conclusions based on face-value. Perhaps it is YOU who needs to "think" about our use of the word "sad", and what level of emotion it is most likely reflecting.

Or, you can continue to condescend and unecessarily question our basic expressions of humanity. It is of no consequence to me (or anyone else) either way, but as we all gather here from time to time to discuss various topics with varying degrees of emotion, it'd be nice to gather with friendly, like-minded individuals without having to deal with the proverbial cunt-hair in the cheesecake who has nothing of real value (subjectively speaking) to contribute, but insists on running around being a dick toward anyone who dares express an emotion or sentiment that he doesn't personally identify with. I encounter many things on the forum that I don't empathize with. Do you know what I do when that happens?

I WALK THE FUCK AWAY.

22-09-2012, 07:25 AM
(22-09-2012 02:18 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  

With all due respect, I think you're assuming FAR too much about others' emotional state when it comes to these sorts of things. I've noticed it a few times on the forum in just the short time that I've been here.

Claiming to be "sad" about such an incident doesn't mean that the individual is bawling his/her eyes out on their pillow every night because of the loss of some rodent. The level of sadness is very likely miniscule - despite the seemingly overly-theatric act of burial/memorial - and ultimately amounts to nothing more than "Awww...sad-face." before the individual in question moves on with their life.

So he gave it a little grave instead of tossing it out the door. So he put a little cross on it (don't tell the uber-atheists, they'll be protesting at his doorstep). So he had the half-smartassed idea to take "memorial" pictures and post them to the forum. So what? If you'll recall, I hit a cat with my car recently and felt a bit like a douche about it, so I too posted something on the forum. And do you know what I did immediately after killing the cat and posting it on the forum?

I jerked off in the shower and fell asleep watching "Wilfred" on iTunes. After taking a lengthy shit while looking at the fitness models in Muscle & Fitness, that is.

Some of us have expressed a measure of sadness over the demise of a cute little critter. This is true. And you know what else? We've gotten the fuck over it. Your condescention and attempts at emotional correction are unwarrented, because we're not taking these things anywhere near as seriously as you seem to think we are. I realize this is the internet and emotions and body-language are completely lost in translation, but jesus-fuck, dude, you're on an atheist website. Surely you are capable of greater objective reasoning than to assume that our emotions are running out of control simply because we express a bit (and I do mean "a bit") of fucking compassion and regret when these things occur. Be the atheist that you're supposed to be and don't jump to conclusions based on face-value. Perhaps it is YOU who needs to "think" about our use of the word "sad", and what level of emotion it is most likely reflecting.

Or, you can continue to condescend and unecessarily question our basic expressions of humanity. It is of no consequence to me (or anyone else) either way, but as we all gather here from time to time to discuss various topics with varying degrees of emotion, it'd be nice to gather with friendly, like-minded individuals without having to deal with the proverbial cunt-hair in the cheesecake who has nothing of real value (subjectively speaking) to contribute, but insists on running around being a dick toward anyone who dares express an emotion or sentiment that he doesn't personally identify with. I encounter many things on the forum that I don't empathize with. Do you know what I do when that happens?

I WALK THE FUCK AWAY.

[Image: boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 5 users Like nach_in's post
23-09-2012, 01:48 AM
(22-09-2012 07:25 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 02:18 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  With all due respect, I think you're assuming FAR too much about others' emotional state when it comes to these sorts of things. I've noticed it a few times on the forum in just the short time that I've been here.

I WALK THE FUCK AWAY.

[Image: boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg]

I was drunk and irritated, and he got on my nerves. Tongue

Plus, I'm the resident misanthrope around here. What'd you expect? Lmao