Restaurants That You Like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Restaurants That You Like
Balance Wink

I love Indian food, that's my favorite. The more authentic the better. I also like Thai food--curries are yum! Drooling And Mexican food--double yum Drooling Drooling And vegan restaurants. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-04-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Restaurants That You Like
Thai is number 1 right now.
good mom and pop mexican is next. No chains, no trad texmex menu items.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-04-2016, 12:38 PM
I also like Indian, you can't beat a nice hot curry. Indonesian food is delicious Drooling I also enjoy something simple like a thin crust pizza. The one rule I do have is there has to be meat somewhere on the menu. Big Grin

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
06-04-2016, 12:48 PM
the locale palestinian owned shop across from my work that changes ownership every year but remains the same more or less.

There is a good Indian food place in my town too called Taj Mahal, very creative name. Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-04-2016, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 01:20 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I'm a fan of IHOP. They seem to have good quality food consistently. I can't actually remember the names of any other good restaurants I've been to, for some strange reason. There was one Julia Child restaurant where I had some amazing chicken when I was a kid. Oh right, The Grove in San Francisco was great. They have good vegetarian options.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
06-04-2016, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 01:31 PM by Popeye's Pappy.)
Specifically here in Huntsville that would be Connor's, Grill 29, Ol' Heidelberg and for more local food the Blue Plate Cafe and the Old Greenbrier (not to be confused with the new Greenbrier). Chain type would probably be Carabbas and the Bonefish Grill.

All time favorite is probably Chez Philippe in the Peabody in Memphis.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
06-04-2016, 02:10 PM
The cheap little run down looking Chinese Muslim noodle shops you find scattered throughout pretty much all of China are what I consistently miss the most out of all restaurants I've tried.

羊肉拉面 Drooling

A big bowl of it for half the price of a bag of chips back in the states...

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
06-04-2016, 02:34 PM
I like to eat in local Thai vegetarian restaurants whenever I travel to a new city. I find that vegetarian restaurants need to try harder to appeal to their customers.
Vietnamese, Indian, Malasian are great too.
I prefer to eat in places where I probably couldn't cook the same thing, only better, at home (usually because I'm unfamiliar with the ingredients or the cooking methods)

If I HAVE to eat in a burger chain, I look for A&W.

But, by far, the most unforgettably amazing three meals I have ever experienced ('cause "eaten" doesn't do them justice) took place while I was vacationing in Cancun at Restaurante Benazuza.
Molecular cuisine from a chef who trained at elBulli. Bowing
Three meals.
Each meal consisting of 25 different one-bite creations that blend science and art.
Un. f*cking. believable.
An absolute MUST for any foodie, and I'd even say, for anyone interested in science !!!

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
06-04-2016, 02:54 PM
I want some Thai food now Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-04-2016, 02:58 PM
(06-04-2016 02:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want some Thai food now Wink

Me too..... having a light supper at the moment, crackers and cheddar cheese.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post