Restaurants That You Like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Restaurants That You Like
(06-04-2016 02:58 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 02:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want some Thai food now Wink

Me too..... having a light supper at the moment, crackers and cheddar cheese.

Wow, that is a light dinner. And no Irish whiskey, for shame Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-04-2016, 03:03 PM
(06-04-2016 03:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 02:58 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Me too..... having a light supper at the moment, crackers and cheddar cheese.

Wow, that is a light dinner. And no Irish whiskey, for shame Wink

I had a couple of brandies earlier on...Big Grin

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
06-04-2016, 03:07 PM
I live in a tiny town. It is so small that there are only three places to eat in it: a pizza place, a diner, and the local place called various names over the years. The owners are fiery women and they fight constantly and love each other. Every year or so, they go through a tough patch, and one goes to Florida, stays for four months or so and returns. They rename it each time she returns. Currently, it is called Cozy Korner Cafe. Everything is home made, and the daily menu depends upon the whims of the ladies who own it. When they are happy with each other, it is amazing food. When they are mad at each other, it is awful. There are more great days than bad days. Fresh fish caught that day, fresh lobster, homemade bread, cakes, pie, and even the salad dressing and condiments are all home made. If they like you, they give you extra food and send you home with a free desert. Even the coffee is wonderful.
The place has worn out, old wooden floors and a door that has seen better days, but it is very clean. Lots of local friendly banter. It is filled each morning with farmers and fishermen. In the center the ladies who cook hold court, arguing and cooking and smiling at each other. I think they are adorable.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 4 users Like carol's post
06-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Mexican. Chinese.

As long as there is a grilled cheese sandwich option I am okay. Almost no restaurants can mess up grilled cheese.

Our favorite restaurant in our town is a bar/grill place. We go there a couple of times a month for drinks or drinks and dinner.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
06-04-2016, 04:04 PM
(06-04-2016 01:26 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Specifically here in Huntsville that would be Connor's, Grill 29, Ol' Heidelberg and for more local food the Blue Plate Cafe and the Old Greenbrier (not to be confused with the new Greenbrier). Chain type would probably be Carabbas and the Bonefish Grill.

All time favorite is probably Chez Philippe in the Peabody in Memphis.

Mexican food is my go to - Casa Blanca or Buenavista restaurants in North Alabama.

I can't eat at the old greenbrier - I'm highly allergic to catfish. I used to live just a few miles from it. The new greenbrier is careful to keep things separate. Mmmm....quarter chicken and white sauce....

I've never eaten at the Blue Plate Cafe, despite driving past it daily when I worked in Huntsville - looks like I'm gonna have to try it. Ol Heidelberg is one of my favorites, too. I love D&L Bistro on South Memorial Parkway - the interior needs a makeover, but the food...

My absolute FAVORITE is Below the Radar (the food is just as good as Cotton Row but without the snobby atmosphere) tons of beer choices and chef quality food - I like to get the shrimp and cheese grits with fried green tomatoes.

For Nashville, oh geez. Mas Tacos - started out as a food truck- or Wild Cow Cafe which is a vegetarian restaurant. Sambucas is a sexy restaurant - the decor and mood and food, plus they have live music every night.

The Melting Pot is fun for a once a year special group event or date kind of thing - it's a chain.

Another chain restaurant I love is Panera - I eat it more than McDonalds.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
06-04-2016, 05:00 PM
We're right across the street from Blue Plate in between the Parkway and Whitesburg. It's nothing special. Just southern country food. The breakfast is good. I like the fried chicken special. They serve a chicken salad stuffed tomato that Karen likes. Some of their veggies are frozen. Dodgy I like Buenavista, but the last time we were in there he ruined the guacamole with a literal shit ton of the salt they use. Haven't tried Casa Blanca, but I work in Madison so I may have to check it out for lunch one day soon. Our go to Mexican place is Guadalajara, but we sometimes go to Taqueria El Cazador on south Parkway for a more authentic Mexican experience. If you've never been it's a hole in wall next door to Firehouse Antiques.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
06-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I like vegetarian Indian buffets. If I could cook like that I wouldn't miss meat.

Woodlands

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Prejean's.

http://prejeans.com/

I went there once about nine years ago. My friends and I all sampled each others' dishes. It was perfect. All of it, perfect. Been waiting for a chance to go back ever since.

Bring money. The least expensive thing on the menu (drinks excluded) was about $14 (for an appetizer) the last time that I was there.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
06-04-2016, 06:29 PM
While I like fancy restaurants on occasion, my love is reserved for diners, burger joints, delis, and small, local eateries.
I love the food, the ambiance, the staff, the customers. Yes
You can nearly always get a decent or better sandwich and often a slice of really good pie. Drooling
The coffee is rarely anything to write home about, but you can't have everything.

I also love some Asian food - Szechuan/Hunan, Thai, Burmese, Vietnamese.
And the various European and Mediterranean cuisines, especially Italian and Greek.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I guess I like food. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Me & a friend of mine, way back, loved Gates BBQ so much we were gonna try and make our own restaurant.

Greasy Joe's BBQ! Big Grin Unhealthiest restaurant in town. Laugh out load

You know the ice/pop machines? Well ours would spit chicken nuggets out where the ice usually is, and the different cola choices would be replaced with different types of BBQ sauce! Drooling

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post