Restaurants That You Like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Restaurants That You Like
I go for small restaurants serving ethnic food. I have had some bad, but most of the time I am pleased. I like to be adventurous when eating out.

I also like small burger joints. Lots of times they have great burgers.

I used to like the buffets in Vegas, there were quite a few good ones. But most have long closed and what's left is no good.

I like places with good, fresh salad bars.

I used to like seafood places but have been disappointed so often that I prefer cooking my own seafood now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-04-2016, 08:40 PM
(06-04-2016 08:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I used to like the buffets in Vegas, there were quite a few good ones.

My family used to have a really great southern food buffet restaurant. My grandfather (the one I am now...disassociated with...) owned one for fun, he was too wealthy to actually need the money. One of my earliest memories was eating there. The hospital needed the land, so he sold it, they bulldozed it, and put up a parking lot.

I won't see a dime of that money. Any money, for that matter. For fucks sake, it wasn't even his money, it was his grandmother's (a millionaire) and my grandmother's (also a millionaire)...but all of what wasn't squandered will go to his manipulative money grubbing whore of a wife and her children. As far as I remember, testicles were not on the menu...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
06-04-2016, 08:41 PM
(06-04-2016 08:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I go for small restaurants serving ethnic food. I have had some bad, but most of the time I am pleased. I like to be adventurous when eating out.

I used to like the buffets in Vegas, there were quite a few good ones. But most have long closed and what's left is no good.

I used to like seafood places but have been disappointed so often that I prefer cooking my own seafood now.

Vegas does have some good buffets. I didn't care for The Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitan the last time I went. Not a lot of vegan options, so I just had some fruit salad, a bagel, and hashbrowns. But the food at some of the other places has been fantastic.
06-04-2016, 08:44 PM
(06-04-2016 08:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I go for small restaurants serving ethnic food. I have had some bad, but most of the time I am pleased. I like to be adventurous when eating out.

There's a raw vegan restaurant with a small, but superb salad bar in Vegas. At least there was when I left in 2010. Makinos also wasn't bad as far as Japanese seafood buffets go Tongue. I loved the food in Vegas. Especially Chinatown.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-04-2016, 08:45 PM
(06-04-2016 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My family used to have a really great southern food buffet restaurant. My grandfather (the one I am now...disassociated with...) owned one for fun, he was too wealthy to actually need the money. One of my earliest memories was eating there. The hospital needed the land, so he sold it, they bulldozed it, and put up a parking lot.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Alexander's Steakhouse in Peoria, IL. You get to pick your own steak form a large fridge and cook it yourself over a open pit of charcoal. That, coupled with all the Texas Toast and baked potatoes you can eat, it is truly a feast of epic proportions. My favorite was the 16 oz Santa Maria which was about 2 inches thick and aged. Freaking amazing. Haven't eaten there is several years.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
07-04-2016, 09:06 AM
(06-04-2016 08:44 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

There's a raw vegan restaurant with a small, but superb salad bar in Vegas. At least there was when I left in 2010. Makinos also wasn't bad as far as Japanese seafood buffets go Tongue. I loved the food in Vegas. Especially Chinatown.

Yep, 2010 was also the last time I was in Vegas, before then I was there frequently. And yes, there is an abundance of good food in Vegas. Would take a long time to explore it all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-04-2016, 09:11 AM
I like many restaurants. I won't name any for fear they may be bombed by ISIS. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-04-2016, 09:30 AM
My boss is in meetings all day and she's ordering everyone lunch from our local steakhouse including me.... score!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
07-04-2016, 10:06 AM
I can't believe I failed to mention that my SO's brother in law has a comic book themed restaurant here in town called Supper Heroes. It's small, but the food is good if not good for you. Mostly burgers and such. Here's a review if anyone is interested.

[Image: Supper-Heroes-Huntsville-Menu-e1371499217226.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post