Restaurants that you hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Restaurants that you hate
Use this thread to rant about bad restaurants. Bad food? Bad service? Hazmat suit needed to use the restroom? Tell us why. Let it all out.

My first choice has to be Chili's. Half of the menu is bland. The other half is downright awful and not fit for swine. I hate being forcefed ESPN while I'm eating, and the prices are abhorrent.

How about you?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
06-04-2016, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 01:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Restaurants that you hate
Funny you should ask.
I hate ANY restaurant where they have bad service. I don't need to be "doted" on.
I just want them to take my fucking order, bring my food, and give me my fucking bill. It that so much to ask ? This goes for any restaurant. Hoity-toity to a diner. They're all fucked up. Lately the frustration with most all, makes eating in, and making our own barbeques, the best option. Why bother ? The place we get consistently the best food and it's done politely, is the local pie shop. Screw the rest.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-04-2016, 10:54 AM
All fast food "restaurants" and a good number of quick service restaurants like Chipolte or Five Guys.

They're disgusting and the ingredients they use are cheap, low quality crap. Meals are loaded with fat, salt, grease, and sugar. I gave up these types of restaurants when I was 15. Goodbye and good riddance.

And they stink! Oh, I can smell fast food stench on people's clothes after they've been inside one of these places. Gross!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Basically I'm against any commercially known establishment.

So yes, Applebee's, Dominios, Chipotle et al. Do not get me started on places like Olive Garden and others like it...they're all just lazy and terrible.

"fast food" places as well.

Unfortunately in this area if it's not a "known" chain restaurant, no one bothers -- so we're forced to sacrifice taste, money for homogenized garbage or cook at home and learn new techniques. We've learned to cook for ourselves.

We don't even have a decent deli anymore, which is completely amazing to me that to get a deli sandwich, people consider Subway an option! The little mom and pop deli that was around when we first moved to the area closed shortly after discovering it, and just recently (after remaining vacant for years) was replaced with a "east coast" crappery.

It's frustrating to live in an area with excellent local produce, farms and dairies and be constantly inundated by what amounts to premade dinner from a can being the status quo.

I truly believe if 90% of consumers understood what they were eating amounts to glorified airline food. They really wouldn't bother.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2016, 10:58 AM
I actually don't mind Chipolte. I don't like McD's or BK or KFC or Wendy's or places like that, just unhealthy foods and I'm vegan so not really anything for me to eat there anyway. Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-04-2016, 11:04 AM
I can't remember the last time I went out to eat. I live in a "college town" and all the restaurants are either chains or some some sort of bar-based garbage. Luckily we have a very good butcher/deli nearby.
06-04-2016, 11:09 AM
If it's food I'll eat it. One time at a Lebanese restaurant there was a little roach like bug trying to crawl onto the table while the waitress was taking my order. She was inconspicuously trying to cover it up, and the thought that she was under the assumption that I gave a shit amused me for some reason. Under the right circumstances I'd have eaten it too.

'Murican Canadian
06-04-2016, 11:21 AM
(06-04-2016 10:58 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I actually don't mind Chipolte. I don't like McD's or BK or KFC or Wendy's or places like that, just unhealthy foods and I'm vegan so not really anything for me to eat there anyway. Wink

You're assuming that stuff they serve you there is actually meat.

For me, it is Americanized Chinese restaurants. After you have the real stuff, you can't really go back.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
06-04-2016, 11:52 AM
I can't remember the name of the place mostly because it was "one and done". It was one of the worst services I've ever had in my enter life. My wife and I check out new places with yelp. So we went to this one new restrant with some friends. It had no rating yet so for us it was like we could start a trend.

So we walk in and the place is just about empty. It was around 7pm so we found it a little odd. But we say a group of girls and a couple sitting we waited a little while and when we saw no one was going to seat us we just sat ourselves.

45 mins pass and no watress. My one friend got up and ask the bartender for some menus and the bartender shouted out to the floor to the group of girls that were sitting at the table. One of them got up and gave us an additude like we were bothering her. We told her we were ready to oder. She said ok and left. 15mins later she came back. She attended to a few other people before us. My first nerve was struck.

She started takeing our orders and when my wife began to give her's the girl just walked away. She just shh'ed her and walked away. to tend to another table. We sat in complete shock. She came back and acted like we were taking to long to order. we got threw it. another 45mins pass no food. We had to wave the girl down to find out what was going on. It was stilling in the window weighting for her to pick it up.

Our meal was alright. Nothing astounding.

The waitress did refill our glasses. didn't check up on us. and had someone else drop off the check. needless to say, we left no tip.

We asked to speck to the manager and we were told he was off for the night.

Never went back.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
06-04-2016, 11:53 AM
We have a few good places around my house, including a couple hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurants (one is beautifully decorated, very professional looking, the other needed a new paint job 30 years ago, great food both places).

There's also mom and pop italian restaurant that makes these massive calzones completely from scratch *drools*

Other than the local coffee shop, we don't eat much anywhere else. I hate fast food, though Panera Bread isn't too bad.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/