Restaurants that you hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Restaurants that you hate
(06-04-2016 10:32 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Use this thread to rant about bad restaurants. Bad food? Bad service? Hazmat suit needed to use the restroom? Tell us why. Let it all out.

My first choice has to be Chili's. Half of the menu is bland. The other half is downright awful and not fit for swine. I hate being forcefed ESPN while I'm eating, and the prices are abhorrent.

How about you?

Geez, I thought I was the only one who doesn't care for Chili's. It was the first sit down restaurant in town that wasn't Asian. I could never find anything on the menu that interested me and would end up ordering a burger every time. I can find a decent burger at some of the better (lesser known) fast food places for less money so for me there's no point in going to Chili's ever again.

We went to a Texas Roadhouse last weekend and I was only impressed with the peanuts that were in a bucket on the table. The salad was crap, the fries had weird seasoning on them, and even the steak was just so-so. And no, I don't want cinnamon butter with the rolls when eating a steak dinner - who does that?

I have a hard time justifying the price of a mediocre meal when I could buy a lot of food for the house with the same amount of money.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2016, 05:17 PM
There used to be a great hole-n-the-wall Cajun place in Tulsa I loved. Crab boil was my fav, they just threw the boiled crab, shrimp, crawdad's, potatoes, corn and onion out on a table covered with butcher paper with a roll of paper towels for napkins. Delish!

Once I went to the bathroom and when I turned on the light two roaches went for high ground. When I got done peeing and washing up I walked by the kitchen door and said, "Hey, there's a couple of roaches in the john. I mention it because I'm giving you fair warning.... if they come for my dinner there'll be war." They laughed, said they'd spray tonight. Two months later they closed. Sad

Chili's pissed me off because there was only 3 things I like there, Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing, Fried Chicken Salad w/same dressing and Fried Onion Blossom, they got rid of all of them. Fuckers.

I hate any place where your food comes out luke warm when it should be hot.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
06-04-2016, 05:18 PM
(06-04-2016 04:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 10:32 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Use this thread to rant about bad restaurants. Bad food? Bad service? Hazmat suit needed to use the restroom? Tell us why. Let it all out.

My first choice has to be Chili's. Half of the menu is bland. The other half is downright awful and not fit for swine. I hate being forcefed ESPN while I'm eating, and the prices are abhorrent.

How about you?

Geez, I thought I was the only one who doesn't care for Chili's. It was the first sit down restaurant in town that wasn't Asian. I could never find anything on the menu that interested me and would end up ordering a burger every time. I can find a decent burger at some of the better (lesser known) fast food places for less money so for me there's no point in going to Chili's ever again.

We went to a Texas Roadhouse last weekend and I was only impressed with the peanuts that were in a bucket on the table. The salad was crap, the fries had weird seasoning on them, and even the steak was just so-so. And no, I don't want cinnamon butter with the rolls when eating a steak dinner - who does that?

I have a hard time justifying the price of a mediocre meal when I could buy a lot of food for the house with the same amount of money.

Agreed, the salads are limp and not cold. However, the Black & Blue Steak is very good.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
07-04-2016, 03:53 PM
(06-04-2016 04:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

How about you?

Yeah, Texas Roadhouse - one and done. The food was over-priced and mediocre.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Any and all chain restaurants.

#sigh
11-04-2016, 01:12 PM
There's a Cracker Barrel about a forty minute drive from here. Apparently, they don't like hiring people that know how to cook. Others that I've been to were pretty good, but that particular location isn't worth it.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-04-2016, 08:54 PM
New local Mexican place opened up last fall. I'm always excited to try new restaurants, and people had been raving about this one. It was so authentic, so fast, so fresh. Now, I'm not hard to please. I can find something at almost any restaurant that I like, and I have no problem with the chain and fast food restaurants most people have mentioned.

Well, I tried the place out with a friend, and it was THE most horrible restaurant food I have ever had. Everything was bland. Completely tastless. If I'd been blindfolded and fed it, I would not have had a clue what it was. Horrible. People continue to rave about it to, but we both hated it. It's also rare that I won't give something a second chance, but I wont' be going back there.