Restlessness at night....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Restlessness at night....
Im over fear of the afterlife and all that...but when I go to bed or wake up during the night...I feel a rush of adrenaline recently....I also just recently realized that I'm an Agnostic freethinker and a secular humanist....and there's been a few times that I couldn't even sleep at all...I see a therapist 2ctimes a month....and I'm not diagnosed as bipolar..btw Im 39..male...and just realized this year that I'm Queer....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: Restlessness at night....
Stuck between a rock and a hard place then, Jason?

All I can offer is to work out if one aspect causes you the greatest loss of quality of life, or your biggest threat to running that life, at this moment and seek solutions to that first.

One step at a time and be as gentle with yourself as you can. Sometimes just being able to talk about it freely with a receptive person is a good thing to and a councellor can be as beneficial at that as a fully fledged psychiatrist.

You have to find your own solutions, but I am sure you realise that.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
25-09-2016, 02:16 PM
I went through something similar when I left Christianity...then identified as an atheist...then came back to faith last year. A lot of restlessness and over thinking. Just know that change can bring about a lot of this, and just be patient with your changes and growth. Always follow your heart, and feel at peace with your decisions. When we are not at peace in our decisions, that is when we need to keep exploring.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
25-09-2016, 05:07 PM
The Serenity Prayer helps me find peace when I feel tumult.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-09-2016, 05:33 PM
(25-09-2016 10:04 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  Im over fear of the afterlife and all that...but when I go to bed or wake up during the night...I feel a rush of adrenaline recently....I also just recently realized that I'm an Agnostic freethinker and a secular humanist....and there's been a few times that I couldn't even sleep at all...I see a therapist 2ctimes a month....and I'm not diagnosed as bipolar..btw Im 39..male...and just realized this year that I'm Queer....

Sounds like you have been through a lot of changes lately. Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Are you a nite owl?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Yes.....
28-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-09-2016, 05:05 PM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user