Result of the ELITEST journal: From micro does not come the macro.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Result of the ELITEST journal: From micro does not come the macro.
(20-12-2016 12:21 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 12:14 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Except you are wrong. Demonstratably wrong. As in people have posted the links, have posted actual quotes of how wrong you are....

Consider

It is not for you to judge, friends. Look, here is YECreationism peer-reviewed paper in very elite Biology journal:

Stephen C. Meyer, "Intelligent Design: The Origin of Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories", Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington (volume 117, no. 2, pp. 213-239).

the abstract and comments in
http://www.discovery.org/a/2177

So, the Science does not forbid you to become the True Christians. However, you will not be paid, if you open your mouth. Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

The guy who "approved" that article for publication was a volunteer for the organization who was a Creationist, and basically broke the rules of the organization (on how papers are reviewed) to give personal approval for the paper to be published, instead of going before a board of experts.

Further, it wasn't a scientific paper:

On 4 August 2004, an article by Stephen C. Meyer (Director of Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture) titled "The origin of biological information and the higher taxonomic categories", appeared in the peer-reviewed journal, Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Meyer's article was a literature review article, and contained no new primary scholarship itself on the topic of intelligent design. The following month, the publisher of the journal, the Council of the Biological Society of Washington, released a statement repudiating the article and stating that their former editor Richard M. Sternberg had, in an unusual manner, handled the entire review process without consultation or review from an associate editor.

(Bold emphasis my own.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternberg_...ontroversy

The magazine withdrew it with an apology. Though Sternberg claims he was fired for what he did, the organization showed he had tendered his resignation six months prior (from his volunteer position), and was set to leave in 2 weeks... which he did. So he told another lie.

Basically, it was just another Liar For Jesus™, who was (wait for it...) lying. It has been lambasted as a terrible paper, even for a "review" paper, from a scientific point of view, as well.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you...

LYING FOR JESUS IS STILL LYING

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 02:12 PM
So, to review:

You lied about something a real scientist said, then refused to acknowledge you had done so, as an honest person would have done if they had simply made a mistake.

You then compounded that lie by pushing the deliberate lies of Sternberg [edit: and Meyer], even though the most basic search outside of your Creationist (Liars For Jesus™) websites would have showed you that it was a lie.

I can only conclude that you are incapable of telling the truth. I suppose you'd make a good preacher.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 02:15 PM
(20-12-2016 01:00 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Stop silly laugh, read my comment!

I have read your posts. I have replied to your posts.

It is you, dear Borg, who are ignoring every one elses posts showing you repeatedly how and why you are simply wrong.

Not at work
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
20-12-2016, 02:20 PM
(20-12-2016 02:15 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Not at work

Gasp
That's the first surprising thing I've seen in this thread!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Oh, yes, and when I say they apologized and retracted the article, I mean they really did:

"Sternberg argues that he had the authority to publish Meyer's paper. But having that authority does not excuse the professional and ethical misjudgments. If you know that the publication of a pro-ID paper in a Smithsonian journal is going to cause an outcry, and you have close ties to the ID movement and to the author of this paper specifically, the ethical thing to do would be to excuse yourself from handling that paper and allow someone without those personal and professional ties to the author and subject of the paper to decide whether it should be published. Thus, Sternberg's decision to publish the paper without the normal peer-review process is a flagrant breach of professional ethics that brought disrepute to the Smithsonian."

— Ed Brayton, The Richard Sternberg Affair

They straight up called him unethical. Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Oh, meant to post this in the first entry... For anyone interested in a good review of what happened (better than Wiki), The Panda's Thumb blog did an excellent piece, covering the incident and Meyer's "article".

https://pandasthumb.org/archives/2004/08...ess-1.html

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Stephen C. Meyer is a fucking idiot. He is WAY WAY WAY outside the mainstream of science, AND he is PAID to say what he does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_C._Meyer

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-12-2016, 02:44 PM
(20-12-2016 09:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
Quote:A wide spectrum of researchers - ranging from
geologists and paleontologists, through ecologists and
population geneticists, to embryologists and molecular
biologists -
gathered at Chicago's Field Museum of Natural
History under the simple conference title: Macroevolution.
Their task was to consider the mechanisms that underlie
the origin of species and the evolutionary relationship
between species. ... The central question
of the Chicago conference was
whether the mechanisms underlying
microevolution can be extrapolated
to explain the
phenomena of macroevolution. At the risk of doing
violence to the positions of some of the people at the
meeting, the answer can be given as a
clear, No.

Roger Lewin, "Evolutionary Theory under Fire",
Science, 1980, 210:883.

Laugh out load

[Image: D5Gsn7X.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-12-2016, 02:48 PM
(20-12-2016 02:20 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:15 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Not at work

Gasp
That's the first surprising thing I've seen in this thread!

IKR? That fucking guy. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user