Resurrection..the myth, the fable, the outrageous lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Resurrection..the myth, the fable, the outrageous lie
(26-03-2015 08:25 AM)Almos Wrote:  Hey, Goodwithoutgod; thanks for the clear explanations of the history of the early gods, makes so much more sense now. One thing I keep running through, and can't seem to wrap my head around: Since all the virgin birth, death and resurrection stuff is untrue fables and myth, my question; WHY did so many, immediately following JC's ascent into heaven, begin to form a group (church) and to preach about those events? I'm interested in the very first years (Post resurrection) when those followers of JC began to convert others to their group. If Bart Erhman and others have addressed this issue, I've missed it. I'd love to read your take on this subject since your research and writing is so complete and clear. Thanks for your posts.

They didn't. They REMAINED JEWS for many many years. They were, (within Judaism) a sub-sect, and they called themselves "the Way" (as in Acts). In fact we know this for many reasons ... including the fact that at the very end of the First Century, the Jewish High Priest was so pissed at them, (since they all still were Jews), he required the reading of the Expulsion Curses in the synagogues. At the end of the 3rd Century, 400 CE, St. John Chrysostom (the bishop of Constantinople), in his Christmas sermon bitched at HIS "Christian" congregation, and told them to STOP going to the synagogues to worship. The long complex history of the "separation" has been VASTLY over-simplified by ignorant Christians (and Jews), who would rather ignore the realities of History.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-03-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: Resurrection..the myth, the fable, the outrageous lie
(26-03-2015 03:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 08:25 AM)Almos Wrote:  Hey, Goodwithoutgod; thanks for the clear explanations of the history of the early gods, makes so much more sense now. One thing I keep running through, and can't seem to wrap my head around: Since all the virgin birth, death and resurrection stuff is untrue fables and myth, my question; WHY did so many, immediately following JC's ascent into heaven, begin to form a group (church) and to preach about those events? I'm interested in the very first years (Post resurrection) when those followers of JC began to convert others to their group. If Bart Erhman and others have addressed this issue, I've missed it. I'd love to read your take on this subject since your research and writing is so complete and clear. Thanks for your posts.

They didn't. They REMAINED JEWS for many many years. They were, (within Judaism) a sub-sect, and they called themselves "the Way" (as in Acts). In fact we know this for many reasons ... including the fact that at the very end of the First Century, the Jewish High Priest was so pissed at them, (since they all still were Jews), he required the reading of the Expulsion Curses in the synagogues. At the end of the 3rd Century, 400 CE, St. John Chrysostom (the bishop of Constantinople), in his Christmas sermon bitched at HIS "Christian" congregation, and told them to STOP going to the synagogues to worship. The long complex history of the "separation" has been VASTLY over-simplified by ignorant Christians (and Jews), who would rather ignore the realities of History.

Exactly Smile

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply