Returning to the Father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2012, 11:29 AM

Information Returning to the Father
I don’t think I can maintain my current position regarding God. I have tried to say that God is the monistic fundamental consciousness, and that therefore, everything is of His substance, just like every part of a dream is of the substance of the dreamer’s mind. But the more solidly I hold onto that notion, the more in focus “The Father” becomes.

Because even if I am a dream image, and even if my mind is really just a modality of the mind of the monistic fundamental consciousness, I am still not the entirety of that consciousness. I am still a creation of it, which means that it is my creator—my Father. Consider

Moreover, if I take the dream analogy a bit further, I would have to say that given a dream where I could stay in it, I would want nothing more than to make one of my dream characters come alive and be able to recognize me from a viewpoint that is wholly other than me—like Pinocchio. So, why shouldn’t I suspect that the entire reason I was created was for that purpose. Not to realize I am God—but to realize I am not God.

It’s too easy to become insane with atheism. That is, it’s too easy to ignore all the evidence to the contrary so that we can just exist without any expectations placed upon us. But I don’t want to live in that insanity. No
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Returning to the Father
(26-10-2012 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don’t think I can maintain my current position regarding God. I have tried to say that God is the monistic fundamental consciousness, and that therefore, everything is of His substance, just like every part of a dream is of the substance of the dreamer’s mind. But the more solidly I hold onto that notion, the more in focus “The Father” becomes.

Because even if I am a dream image, and even if my mind is really just a modality of the mind of the monistic fundamental consciousness, I am still not the entirety of that consciousness. I am still a creation of it, which means that it is my creator—my Father. Consider

Moreover, if I take the dream analogy a bit further, I would have to say that given a dream where I could stay in it, I would want nothing more than to make one of my dream characters come alive and be able to recognize me from a viewpoint that is wholly other than me—like Pinocchio. So, why shouldn’t I suspect that the entire reason I was created was for that purpose. Not to realize I am God—but to realize I am not God.

It’s too easy to become insane with atheism. That is, it’s too easy to ignore all the evidence to the contrary so that we can just exist without any expectations placed upon us. But I don’t want to live in that insanity. No

What? We are waiting for the evidence... If you see so much evidence why don't you point us in the right direction?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Egor,

You are definitely a man in turmoil. You've questioned your beliefs, and it appears to me you have the streingth to continue questioning. But here's the truth as I see it; it doesn't matter, at this point, what you decide to believe. My hope for you isn't that you decide to be atheist, but that you find some inner peace. You've struggled with your belief since I met you, and it makes me sad that you can't seem to reconcile the conflict you have within. I like you, and so I hate to see that unrest.

Keep asking questions man. But above all else, do what you have to do to be happy. That matters way more than this whole atheist vs theist crap.

Good luck to you. Smile

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 9 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-10-2012, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 11:55 AM by kingschosen.)
So... are you an atheist now?

Edit:
I asked this because of the same thing that Stark said. Just concerned about your state of being.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-10-2012, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 12:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
It's aunt Mildred.

Why not Mother ? Why not cousin Pete ? Why not something, other than a human relationship ? Why not the The Great iPod, the Universe Maker, daughter of the 4th generation Universe Maker Digital Dream Creator?

Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
26-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Wouldn't it really make more sense that you come from your Mother? I've never known any Father who can give birth. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
26-10-2012, 12:59 PM
(26-10-2012 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don’t think I can maintain my current position regarding God. I have tried to say that God is the monistic fundamental consciousness, and that therefore, everything is of His substance, just like every part of a dream is of the substance of the dreamer’s mind. But the more solidly I hold onto that notion, the more in focus “The Father” becomes.

Hahahaha

Good sir we are not insane, merely a collection of people who do not believe. We very in every way regular people do.

You don't have to be insane if you don't want to. Our anchor is in reality which we try to understand the best we can without biases.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-10-2012, 01:03 PM
(26-10-2012 12:59 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Hahahaha

Good sir we are not insane, merely a collection of people who do not believe. We very in every way regular people do.

You don't have to be insane if you don't want to. Our anchor is in reality which we try to understand the best we can without biases.

pssst. Ed's still getting his atheist "sea legs". He'll be fine. It's a process.
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-10-2012, 01:04 PM
AW: RE: Returning to the Father
(26-10-2012 12:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wouldn't it really make more sense that you come from your Mother? I've never known any Father who can give birth. Consider
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/...55318.html

Just saying. Confused
26-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Life is the definitive process. Keep at it Egsy... Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post