Returning to the Father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: Returning to the Father
(26-10-2012 12:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wouldn't it really make more sense that you come from your Mother? I've never known any Father who can give birth. Consider

That's why native americans call their god "mother"

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm still sorry if I offended you.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-10-2012, 01:47 PM
(26-10-2012 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  It’s too easy to become insane with atheism. That is, it’s too easy to ignore all the evidence to the contrary so that we can just exist without any expectations placed upon us. But I don’t want to live in that insanity. No

There is no evidence to the contrary to ignore. That's not insanity you're experiencing, it's lucidity and clarity. And it is easy, as easy as pie. But if you need a delusion to help keep your shit together, then by all means use it. I suggest worshipping Gwyneth Paltrow, though, she's both less self-damaging and less harmful than your standard religions.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-10-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: AW: Returning to the Father
(26-10-2012 01:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 12:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wouldn't it really make more sense that you come from your Mother? I've never known any Father who can give birth. Consider
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/...55318.html

Just saying. Confused

It's not from Fox News so I won't trust your source. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
26-10-2012, 01:51 PM
(26-10-2012 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  It’s too easy to become insane with atheism. That is, it’s too easy to ignore all the evidence to the contrary so that we can just exist without any expectations placed upon us. But I don’t want to live in that insanity. No

There is no evidence to the contrary to ignore. That's not insanity you're experiencing, it's lucidity and clarity. And it is easy, as easy as pie. But if you need a delusion to help keep your shit together, then by all means use it. I suggest worshipping Gwyneth Paltrow, though, she's both less self-damaging and less harmful than your standard religions.

And more likely to give birth.
Of course, if Gwynnies gives birth, it's likely you'd have HoC for a Daddy, and I'm not sure your psyche could handle it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I am sure that you have heard plenty of good arguments for and arguments against by now. At this point, you just have to make up your own damn mind, which does not always come easily. If believing in God makes you happy, and facts to the contrary do not cause you too much strife, then go for it. Just please don't push morality from your God on others and we'll be cool. Whatever conclusion you make I wish you happiness.

26-10-2012, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 02:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-10-2012 01:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-10-2012 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no evidence to the contrary to ignore. That's not insanity you're experiencing, it's lucidity and clarity. And it is easy, as easy as pie. But if you need a delusion to help keep your shit together, then by all means use it. I suggest worshipping Gwyneth Paltrow, though, she's both less self-damaging and less harmful than your standard religions.

And more likely to give birth.
Of course, if Gwynnies gives birth, it's likely you'd have HoC for a Daddy, and I'm not sure your psyche could handle it.

And I'm the Son of the God and the Prophet. Bow down and worship me. Bowing
(Well, come to coffee anyhoo.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-10-2012, 02:20 PM
(26-10-2012 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don’t think I can maintain my current position regarding God. I have tried to say that God is the monistic fundamental consciousness, and that therefore, everything is of His substance, just like every part of a dream is of the substance of the dreamer’s mind. But the more solidly I hold onto that notion, the more in focus “The Father” becomes.

Because even if I am a dream image, and even if my mind is really just a modality of the mind of the monistic fundamental consciousness, I am still not the entirety of that consciousness. I am still a creation of it, which means that it is my creator—my Father. Consider

Moreover, if I take the dream analogy a bit further, I would have to say that given a dream where I could stay in it, I would want nothing more than to make one of my dream characters come alive and be able to recognize me from a viewpoint that is wholly other than me—like Pinocchio. So, why shouldn’t I suspect that the entire reason I was created was for that purpose. Not to realize I am God—but to realize I am not God.

It’s too easy to become insane with atheism. That is, it’s too easy to ignore all the evidence to the contrary so that we can just exist without any expectations placed upon us. But I don’t want to live in that insanity. No

It is faith that is the insanity. There is no evidence for your "Father".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-10-2012, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 02:29 AM by morondog.)
Egor, maybe you could share (hur hur) with us (aghk, this reminds me so much of prayer group Hobo ) how you came to be Christian in the first place. What gives you this... need/urge/desire for God? It's a difficult road. Everyone seems pretty certain you're headed for atheism one way or another... Obviously you need to think this stuff through for yourself though.

Allow me to make a guess: religion does sort of make sense to you. But every time you sit through a sermon or have contact with believers you come away feeling that they're shallow, missing the point, not digging deep enough? At least, that was how it was for me...

For me, it was a gradual process. I got sort of quite into it at one stage, never really could shake the doubts though. And every now and then something would come along which didn't fit. Which made me angry. Like the sermon some clown preached about not being friends with unbelievers. The anti-homosexual stance... I started to really think about things like "where does the Bible even come from"... those kinds of questions. When I asked, the emphasis was much more on shutting me up than answering the damn question... I think that's when I knew that the end was in sight. Hung around a few more years because I couldn't bring myself to break with my good friends but couldn't sustain the lie any longer eventually...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-10-2012, 08:33 AM
still spouting the same crap I see Egor.

You really should consider sticking around rather then popping in and out with this nonsense every now and then.
You might pick up on something along the way.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post