'Rev Up' Cable Show by My Uncle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 11:08 AM by Ruby Crystal.)
'Rev Up' Cable Show by My Uncle
And I thought I couldn't face palm more. My uncle (Maybe cousin IDK) is a pastor on his cable show 'Rev Up'
Darrel Davis...

So yeah, anyone seen it here? Just curious.

My uncle seems to be convinced that his history searching has lead him to the word of God. And that history is how the bible makes it, and that the founding fathers/America is a Christian Nation.

Strange to be saying that, but hey He'll never find out about my atheism.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: 'Rev Up' Cable Show by My Uncle
I don't have cable, and I wouldn't watch a show like that if I did. Not enough sex or death for me >.> HOWEVER, it sounds like he's got a bad case of confirmation bias goin on. I mean you'd have to be pretty ignorant of American history to think it was founded as a "christian" nation.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
27-05-2017, 07:07 AM
I couldn't find it while googling the title and his name, but just a word of internet warning, this thread is the first thing that comes up. So if he's vain enough to Google himself...heh.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-05-2017, 07:57 AM
(27-05-2017 07:07 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I couldn't find it while googling the title and his name, but just a word of internet warning, this thread is the first thing that comes up. So if he's vain enough to Google himself...heh.

I googled also and found a facebook page for something called covenant fellowship and references to "rev up" with Darrell Davis, also some you tube videos.

I might watch some when I get home just out of curiosity.

But yeah this thread comes up as second or third hit almost every time so....

As for googling yourself, l do it every now and again (both my real name & pseudonym) just to see where my name comes up, you may want to try it, it could surprise you... like when I discovered that an ancient website that I created almost 20 years ago and then shut down a few years later (like 1999ish) had been "resurrected" somehow in china and is now selling all kinds Chinese stuff. My real name is still attached to the website!

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
27-05-2017, 08:42 AM
You did better than I did. Found the FB event page, but not the youtube part. And that's genuinely creepy on your name still being on that now Chinese website...heh. On one of my other pseudonyms, found an old cache of a Geocities page I made once and forgot about.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Meh, he isn't really that vain. In fact, I think he stays away from websites like this.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post