'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: 'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!
Mapquest - even god can't follow their damn directions. Angel

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
06-06-2014, 01:46 AM
RE: 'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!
People love prophecies, the Nostradamus folks do these same things.
They take current events and try to match them to old predictions. Laughat
A kind of reverse prophecy, or prophecy after the fact.
If a person tried hard enough they could do this until the "real" end of time.
06-06-2014, 01:54 AM
(05-06-2014 08:21 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Just more examples of how totally biblically illiterate most believers are. The time of "Revelation" was within 70 years of Jebus being offed by the Romans.

‘The seer of Patmos, identified with the apostle, is granted a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia amid the persecutions and trials of the end of the first century.’ - Pope Benny the Quitter, Aug 23 2006

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...rnal_plan/

Exactly. Revelation is actually a thing? I thought it was mostly for fringe believers and "preparing for rapture" types.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
06-06-2014, 02:02 AM

Any time these folks want to leave for the other side. I'd pay for the ticket if I could.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
06-06-2014, 05:59 AM
(05-06-2014 07:26 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  A few examples:

Hurricane Katrina (or any hurricane for that matter)
The tsunami that hit Indonesia
9/11
Sandy Hook School shooting
Santa Barbara shootings
Earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan
An outbreak of over 60 tornadoes that tore across a section of the U.S. in spring of 2013 (guess where? The Bible Belt! That makes a lot of sense!)

I wonder why they never list things like seven-headed beasts with ten horns, or whatever. Oh, yeah, it's because that shit doesn't happen. Revelation predicts all sorts of stupid monsters (which may or may not be Satan) but no one ever reports seeing that. They just see natural disasters and shoehorn them into their wacky book of predictions and... ignore all the rest.

(05-06-2014 07:26 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  The list could go on all day. Yeah, the world is coming to an end any day now...just like the world was coming to an end any day now when Mount Vesuvius erupted and buried the city of Pompeii in 79 A.D. Just like it was coming to an end any day now when the Bubonic plague was ravaging Europe in the late Middle Ages. Just like it was coming to an end any day now during World War 1. Just like it was coming to an end any day now during World War 2. This stupid excuse has been used for thousands of years to scare people into believing that this part of the Bible is a prophecy come true.

Paul totally thought Jesus would come in his lifetime. We have 2,000 years solid of people using this book to predict the end times, not counting all the other end-of-world prophesies from other religions. So far, religion has a really shitty track record of this.

You'd think the armchair prophets and Bible-readers would take a cue and shut up about when they think the end times are (unless they're willing to define "end times" as "a period indicating the return of Jesus Christ lasting no less than several thousand years".

(05-06-2014 07:26 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Does anybody else constantly hear this crap?

Luckily, no, but I do get it occasionally. A few months back I went to get coffee at work and the woman at the register started small talking with me. She said that she thinks all of these natural disasters we're seeing are signs of the end times, like it says in the Bible and she learned in confirmation. I told her that we've gotten much better at detecting, communicating, and recording these things and we're just more aware of them. She gave me a sort of "yeah, well" answer that indicated she didn't have a good way to address what I'd actually said, but she wants to go on and keep believing the prophesies are coming true.

Not much more to do there other than walk upstairs and enjoy my coffee.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-06-2014, 10:07 AM
2 Peter Chapter 3

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
06-06-2014, 10:19 AM
(06-06-2014 10:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  2 Peter Chapter 3

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
06-06-2014, 10:33 AM
(06-06-2014 10:19 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  

this is what is meant by "scoffer".
06-06-2014, 10:49 AM

The bible covered its basis. If a bear shits in the woods on a Tuesday you can bet there is a verse somewhere in the good book saying its a sign of the apocalypse.
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
06-06-2014, 11:26 AM

That's really fucking boring.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post