'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: 'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!
(06-06-2014 10:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  2 Peter Chapter 3

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Yes Jeremy, we are living in the end times. And next year, we'll still be living in them. And the year after, and the year after, and...

The world is endlessly ending. Yes
So quit scoffing.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
06-06-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: 'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!
(06-06-2014 11:28 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Yes Jeremy, we are living in the end times. And next year, we'll still be living in them. And the year after, and the year after, and...

The world is endlessly ending. Yes
So quit scoffing.

Back in the Dark Ages when the year 999 turned to 1000 many people thought the end was nigh and people committed suicide, out of fear. The year 2000 brought out all the crazies too. The Black Death was the end of the world for sure.
World War I and II was the end of the world.

So wasn't Revelations written on the Island of Patmos, where psychedelic mushrooms grow? They were particularly abundant during earlier times.
Hummmm. Idea

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-06-2014, 12:17 PM
We are really at the end of times. Jeremy walker is the antichrist the son of perdition.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
06-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Re: 'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now!
If you go back century by century you'll find stories of people acting extreme because they thought the end of times were upon them and they all used those random same biblical examples of saying, bad things will be happening and smut will be on the streets.

There's always been a decent percentage of believers who felt the end of times was in their lifetime. They've been mislead ever time.

I did see a discussion of a former nun now Jehovahs witness of this topic. It was on a train and the talks between people did start because I was reading the God Delusion. She was going on it was the end of times because violence and sex were clear to see by people on TV. I guess when it actually cluttered the common city street it wasn't a sign.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-06-2014, 12:26 PM
To Jeremy Walker,

I, and I am sure most others on this cite, am neither swayed nor impressed by the wholesale quoting of scripture. My reasons for this are answered by the utter mess of the Bible itself and in the history of its corrupt beginnings. In many cases one must simply compare what is now common knowledge to the text to discover mistakes that would make an elementary school science teacher laugh out loud. For example, Genesis 1:16 tells us that god made two lights, one greater to rule the day, one lesser to rule the night. It is common knowledge that the moon is not a light. It merely reflects the light of the sun. Presumably, the all knowledgeable god who created both of them would know that. People in the Bible attain impossible ages and sire children who in turn attain impossible ages, including Adam who although sentenced to die for eating the apple is apparently spared god's justice until he would have died anyway. There are impossible, impractical, absurd, and immoral children's stories mixed in such as Noah's Ark and Jonah and the Whale. Perhaps the worst of all, recommendations and commandments of murder, genocide, slavery, debauchery, and the general slaughter of foreigners, their wives, children, and their property are plenty and to spare. All of these are noticeably absent from the supposedly moral code of the Ten Commandments which focuses on threats of impending retribution and divine respect coupled with the most fundamental moral injunctions that humanity has always included in their moral codes even long before the dreary journey to mount Sinai. If there ever was any proof within the text that humans, specifically male ones, fabricated the entire myth to begin with, it is the way in which they categorize their women along with cattle, livestock, slaves, and other chattel. As if to make the whole enterprise more laughable the book is a work of crude carpentry hammered haphazardly together by amateur historians many years after the supposed events.

With the cluster fuck of the Old Testament being the embarrassment that it is many look to the New Testament for redemption and solace, with even less success. It is no less a work of crude carpentry than the Old with even more nails and boards to massage the evidence in just the right way as to fulfill ancient prophecy. The chroniclers of Jesus Christ did not know him, live in his time, or have any access to those long dead who did. They compiled an attempted history of what he was said to have done and preached with many a contradiction along the way. Authors wildly disagree about the order and locations of events related to Christ's birth and youth. The corruption of the process of compilation is even more disturbing. Christian representatives argued and held council over which books ought to be included and which deemed heretical. The voting of mere mortal men was all it took to decide the doctrine and the Gnostic and other related books were cast out of the canon, especially given the way in which they only added to the initial confusion with even more discrepant accounts. Even with all the uncertainty of authorship and accuracy the doctrines offer no solace worth considering. It is only in those pages that the compulsory and totalitarian nature of Christianity is laid bare by Christ himself. Non-believers, heretics, apostates, and the adherents of all other faiths are now condemned with eternal punishment by fire, a cruelty never before heard of and not mentioned once within the bloody pages of the Old Testament. All the world is held as hostage, a gun to our heads. We are offered the "choice" of assimilating or taking the bullet and told it is a merciful offer from a compassionate god. It seems Christ stands at the door knocking and we may choose to not open it, but eventually he will burst through to punish us for our lack of courtesy. The whole business is brutal, tribal, and contemptible.

Quoting this flawed text without anything to support is an argument from the authority of the text itself, which is laughable, as is believing that every word contained within is of god and is perfectly true. I do not believe its prophecies of death and destruction and the end times any more than I believe Noah managed to gather up two of every creature aboard his ramshackle buttress of old floating wood. It is easy to prophecy death, destruction, and natural disaster because all of those things are continuously occurring and have always done so. Prophecies of that nature are no prediction, only observation disguised with an agenda. The earth will continue to quake. Strong winds will continue to blow. Volcanoes will continue to violently erupt. Humans will continue to find reasons to massacre and torture one another on any and every scale. All of this is the nature of our world and always has been.

In summary, I am unimpressed with your authority or the authorities you quote. Unless you have something better to offer, I remain unconvinced.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 9 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
06-06-2014, 12:30 PM
(06-06-2014 10:33 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  this is what is meant by "scoffer".

You say "scoffer" with such contempt and yet to scoff is not necessarily wrong. I depends on what you are scoffing at. If it is truly ridiculous, delusional, and without factual truth, I would consider it my duty to scoff it's author back into reality. Ridicule is the means by which bad ideas are pointed out and squashed.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 5 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
06-06-2014, 12:42 PM

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned. FacepalmConsiderFacepalm

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 7 users Like CindysRain's post
06-06-2014, 05:42 PM
(06-06-2014 12:42 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned. FacepalmConsiderFacepalm

Exodus 10:1-2

Quote:1 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these signs of mine among them 2 that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the Lord.”

According to 2 Thessalonians and Exodus, YHWH doesn't care about free will nearly as much as they say he does. Hmmmmm....
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-06-2014, 06:33 PM
(05-06-2014 08:21 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Just more examples of how totally biblically illiterate most believers are. The time of "Revelation" was within 70 years of Jebus being offed by the Romans.

‘The seer of Patmos, identified with the apostle, is granted a series of visions meant to reassure the Christians of Asia amid the persecutions and trials of the end of the first century.’ - Pope Benny the Quitter, Aug 23 2006

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...rnal_plan/

Me likey. "Benny the Quitter". Thumbsup
The fact is, there were hundreds of Books of Revelation. Dime a dozen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-06-2014, 06:37 PM
[Image: download3.jpg]

Laugh out loadLaugh out load

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain