Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(20-09-2015 02:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't think it's cool to lynch her without giving her a chance though Undecided I was doing stuff this whole weekend, I'd have been pretty bleak to get lynched the first day just by default... I know you guys are trying to force her to come out and play. I guess I need to learn the tactics. It's kinda freaky how much info you can give away...

Don't worry. When someone gets to L-1, which means one more vote and they get lynched, it's customary for the next voter to state their intent to hammer. If they don't then it looks extremely scummy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 03:48 PM
I feel bad about lynching Losty, but this is just getting weird. We still have time though, so when she shows up she'll just have to explain herself.
20-09-2015, 03:50 PM
I am reading town on Ash, Matilda, and Underground as of now. They seem serious and active in their scum hunting.

Tarty is acting weird, and Losty is acting weird by not having posted yet today.

Everyone else is null.
20-09-2015, 04:02 PM
(20-09-2015 03:12 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well as I see it, I have two options:

1. Say who I think is townie and why, exposing them to the Mafia (who may or may not have picked it up) and risk losing a power role

Or

2. Not say anything and let you lynch me so you see I'm a townie but lose the chance to tell you who might be a useful townie (which I am not)

Let tell you though that this is only a subtle hint and I'm only about 70% sure this person is a townie.

I see that you are making it all about someone else though. What we're really interested is whether you are Mafia or not.

One scum tell is that your story changes slowly over time because basically you're making it up. If you're town and telling the truth then you always have something back to refer to and the story stays consistent.

So let's look through your posts:

After saying "Ready!" you do:

(20-09-2015 03:17 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Damn, we just started, I have a suggestion and I can't share it privately. How can the Mafia NOT win here? *sigh

What suggestion was that? You just woke up and have a suggestion already by post 42 on page 5?

But when questioned about it you say:

(20-09-2015 07:46 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well. I would tell you why I think that but that would make the Mafia win more easily Tongue

Even what I just said makes them think they know stuff about me. There are no roles to claim so anyone can be anything, there are probably many vanilla players, which makes it even easier for the Mafia and they have the benefit of constructing a plan, while all townie plans are known to them.

You basically try to avoid answering by saying that it will help Mafia. Then try to claim that you are making yourself a target because they'll think they know stuff about you. Is this to make yourself look more town? Then you start talking about generic Mafia game mechanics.

You further elaborate later on:

(20-09-2015 01:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  2. What I was trying to say is that I feel someone here is a townie and I would say who and why, but my explanation would make them a target for the Mafia, so I'll keep it to myself until you decide to lynch me or them.

So now you're saving someone else from being a target for the Mafia.

(20-09-2015 03:12 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  1. Say who I think is townie and why, exposing them to the Mafia (who may or may not have picked it up) and risk losing a power role

Now you think that you have picked out a power role.

So you start out by saying that you have a suggestion but can't share it. Then that you are making yourself a target if you share your suggestion. Then it changes to you have spotted a power role and want to protect them.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Still on my phone and can't work well with quotes so this is for you Mathilda, hopefully explaining everything.

I got a subtle hint really soon because the post was very early in the game. Others must have noticed too.
I thought about sharing it. But then I thought that this also reveals that the person has a power role so it makes them a target for the Mafia.
But well, I had to say something to get the game going, right? So I was open with it and said I have a clue, but didn't reveal more.

I did say that this makes the Mafia think they know stuff about me because they would think that since I know someone else is a townie I could be a Mason or something, thus making me a target too. That was the only reason I talked about myself being targeted. The whole point was to protect someone with a possibly useful role (because as I said I am not SURE about them).

I don't think I've contradicted myself. I'm just too careful with words so as not to reveal too much. I mean, if you guys want me to I will talk about it but keep in mind there is a chance you will consider it insignificant or you will be like "why the fuck did you give Mafia a target?" Tongue

I need to go to sleep so tell me what you want me to do guys. I'm just trying to get the game going, it's not like a huge-ass clue.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-09-2015, 04:17 PM
(20-09-2015 02:11 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  oops forgot to change my vote

Unvote
Vote: Lynch Losty

I'll be around later tonight to read through I assume m being lunched just because I haven't been around today?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
20-09-2015, 04:22 PM
(20-09-2015 04:17 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 02:11 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  oops forgot to change my vote

Unvote
Vote: Lynch Losty

I'll be around later tonight to read through I assume m being lunched just because I haven't been around today?

Well you have been saying recently on AF that you don't think real life is a valid excuse for not posting.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Need to wake up in 4 hours and then travel for 5 hours. Tell me what to do or I'm going to sleep Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Ok so i'm trying to think this threw. Who was the first person to want blood on their hands. Mathilda

Losty however has been un-active. Which would lead me to believe Losty want's to be a silent assassin.

This is really soon.

I vote Mathilda.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
20-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Ugh. Fine. I'm off to sleep. Mathilda didn't reply and Tarty has been lurking and not saying anything. That should point out someone to vote for once you see I'm a townie. I won't reveal my clue for now. In case you vote for me and I die before I wake up, please look for the clue on your own in the first posts.

-Guybrush Threepwood-