Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
Well considering that Ash says he only has experience with gagged games, I find it very suspicious that he chose the person who is scumhunting more than anyone else has his top suspect so I'm going to vote for him.

Vote: Lynch Ash

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 06:31 PM
The only person who's come across as odd from my perspective is undergroundp. If you didn't intend to share a townie read, why did you broadcast it only to sheepishly back away? I understand that you've been providing for why you're behaving as such, I'm just curious why you bothered blurting it out in the first place.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
20-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I agree Tarty, the only reason I was giving her the benefit of the doubt is because I don't think she has any experience in a gagged game.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
20-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I notice that Losty waits until after someone else votes for me to come out with this 'insight'. Of course it's not even good insight because it's twisting the facts to fit the theory instead of the theory to fit the facts. But it's definitely noteworthy to wait until after someone else votes first. To know it's safe to attack a player. And of course Losty was (and still is) in the lead for votes. So obviously she had to come out and attack someone before people started calling her out on being idle.

She says that I found Mathilda suspicious when Mathilda was the one scum hunting the most, but at the time that I said that -- Mathilda had only brought up suspicion against two people. What I found suspicious was that she backed off so quickly. And at that point in the game nobody else had hardly any content.
20-09-2015, 06:47 PM
I feel pretty confident about this read, actually.

Vote: Losty

Town doesn't tend to twist facts, and they build cases as soon as they see them. They don't wait until someone else brings it up first. Losty posted a number of times after my post, and never said anything until after Aruora voted for me.[/b]
20-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I think this moderator uses the voting system that says if you do not vote, you vote for no one rather than abstaining from voting. Plurality voting is something I started on TTA and it's what most mods (if not all) have used since then. Not that this system is wrong or any less valid, just explaining for any confused souls used to TTA Mafia games.

With that said, and now that I know I will vote for Ash- don't want a newbie to get killed day one cause that's no fun. Also, bandwagon, just cause, and based on forum banter I tentatively think the cat is town (for now), and I'm not voting for me. Tongue

20-09-2015, 06:49 PM
(20-09-2015 06:44 PM)Ash Wrote:  I notice that Losty waits until after someone else votes for me to come out with this 'insight'. Of course it's not even good insight because it's twisting the facts to fit the theory instead of the theory to fit the facts. But it's definitely noteworthy to wait until after someone else votes first. To know it's safe to attack a player. And of course Losty was (and still is) in the lead for votes. So obviously she had to come out and attack someone before people started calling her out on being idle.

She says that I found Mathilda suspicious when Mathilda was the one scum hunting the most, but at the time that I said that -- Mathilda had only brought up suspicion against two people. What I found suspicious was that she backed off so quickly. And at that point in the game nobody else had hardly any content.

Tildie hasn't done or said anything suspicious in this game. You seem like an experienced player making a noob read. I stand by my vote.

20-09-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm fine with being lynched. Just everyone remember when I flip town that Losty jumped on me once she saw it was safe to do so. I'd also say that CommonSensei is probably town. Just a gut feeling I have right now.
20-09-2015, 06:52 PM
(20-09-2015 06:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think this moderator uses the voting system that says if you do not vote, you vote for no one rather than abstaining from voting. Plurality voting is something I started on TTA and it's what most mods (if not all) have used since then. Not that this system is wrong or any less valid, just explaining for any confused souls used to TTA Mafia games.

This is correct. If no majority is reached, there will be no lynch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
20-09-2015, 06:53 PM
(20-09-2015 06:47 PM)Ash Wrote:  I feel pretty confident about this read, actually.

Vote: Losty

Town doesn't tend to twist facts, and they build cases as soon as they see them. They don't wait until someone else brings it up first. Losty posted a number of times after my post, and never said anything until after Aruora voted for me.[/b]

I invite you to quote me and show where I have twisted and facts. Calling me a liar when I haven't lied about anything is just as bad as lying yourself. Hiding it behind the words "twist the facts" doesn't save you either.