Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(20-09-2015 08:51 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm not sure what to say. I can clam my innocence but that wouldn't make people believe me any more. If anything it paints a large bullseye on me. I said my vote. Unless Mathilda can convince me otherwise.

If all we did was sit back and claim our innocence then we wouldn't find anyone. You have to start off finding what ever excuse you can to vote for someone. Right at the very beginning of the game this is called the random vote stage. Everybody normally understands that it's completely random. Then slowly those votes are made for the most minor or reasons, then more valid reasons then completely valid reasons. This is how town generates information.

It is of course in Mafia's interest if we all sit back and do nothing. That way all they have to do is say "Wasn't me guv ... " and town make a choice at random which is more likely to be wrong, or no vote at all.

So the only way I can convince people is by actively scum-hunting. If I do this then people will see that I am not scum. If they think that I am trying to look like I am scum hunting but not actually putting any real effort into it then they will start to think that I am scum.

So what we need from you is to start hunting some scum otherwise you will start to look suspicious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 12:31 AM
Losty has started scumhunting and she is doing it right now. Unlike Losty I do think real life is a valid excuse, because you know, it actually does happen (to some people).

I'm going to unvote her for now but I like Ash's post wondering if she is trying to butter up people who are voting for her.

Unvote Losty

One thing that does concern me though is how he is tending to try to stick to his initial arguments. As the game progresses we get more information as we go along and the initial accusations become much weaker by comparison. Yeah I do switch votes really fast and yes it does attract criticism, I know this but I don't care. Why? Because I care more about getting a conversation going, generating information and putting pressure on as many people as possible at the start to get people engaged. It's more important for me that town gets as much information as possible to determine the correct lynch by the end of the day. But in Ash's defence he isn't currently sticking to his initial vote which suggests that he has indeed moved on.

It's getting late so I think I will vote once I get to work (first day back from my holiday Sad )
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm not completely heartless. I care about people's real lives and I know real life stuff happens. I just think that in the game you should completely ignore people's real life excuses. Two reasons for this. 1) is because it's impossible to tell when a person is lying about the real life issues and 2) is because if someone comes in and plays the game and scum hunts when they're not busy, then they shouldn't have to give an excuse. Instead of wasting time saying oh I was shopping or my kids got sick just catch up in the thread and give your reads and play the game when you are here.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-09-2015, 02:07 AM
(20-09-2015 06:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh, btw, if anyone has a good reason for me to change my vote, I'm all ears.

Who exactly are you voting for?

So far I've just seen you talk about generic game mechanics regarding voting and clarify the rules. You're the only one so far that hasn't at least tried to hunt scum.

Vote Dark Light
21-09-2015, 02:08 AM
(21-09-2015 12:59 AM)Losty Wrote:  I'm not completely heartless.

Well that's another sexual fantasy ruined ... Confused
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 04:28 AM
(20-09-2015 09:13 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Losty - 3
[Catholic_Lady, Mathilda, Ash]
Ash - 2 [Aroura, Losty]
undergroundp - 1 [morondog]
Mathilda - 1 [Commonsensei]

Six votes are required to lynch.

Ahem! Unless we time-traveled to early 20th century America, and I changed sex-organs, Ash should've had 3 votes as well. Nevertheless I wish to change my vote to Losty.

I re-read the thread and she seems like the most likely to be suspicious based on the limited information I have, and mostly likely to be successfully lynched.

Also of note, I know this is the point in the game where I'm supposed to question Mathilda's vote of me, but I'm not really interested or inclined to do so as no reason was given and it's day one so no one's reasoning is likely going be be very good anyway so...[insert shrugging smiley]

21-09-2015, 04:29 AM
So the trip's over and I'm back home but I didn't get much sleep last night (thanks, Mafia games Dodgy ) so I'm going to sleep now.

If this lasts 48 hours I'll have time to read any new posts better and think about who to vote.

Stop trying to make me look scummy btw. I explicitly asked you guys if you want me to say what I think and no one ever said yes. You've only told me to keep it to myself if I want to protect that person. Well, duh.

Just so you know, that person has no been voted by anyone yet.

Oh and Losty, no, I haven't played a gagged game before Undecided And I haven't been told to share anything, at least not if I want to protect that person. And it's like, I consider myself and them equally valuable to the game for different reasons so it's hard for me to decide on my own what to do.

I'm pretty sure the game is not hanging on a thread because of me anyway Tongue

(20-09-2015 04:35 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  It would be quite nice if you gave us a read list, who you think is town, neutral and scum.

I don't have anything big on anyone yet because I haven't had the chance to read the whole thing carefully. All I know is that a certain person is almost certainly town and that you didn't reply when I asked you to tell me what to do and Tarty was lurking in the thread meanwhile, saying nothing. So if anyone seems scummy to me, even just a tiny bit, it's you and Tarty.

Off to sleep now!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 04:45 AM
(21-09-2015 04:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 04:35 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  It would be quite nice if you gave us a read list, who you think is town, neutral and scum.

I don't have anything big on anyone yet because I haven't had the chance to read the whole thing carefully. All I know is that a certain person is almost certainly town and that you didn't reply when I asked you to tell me what to do and Tarty was lurking in the thread meanwhile, saying nothing. So if anyone seems scummy to me, even just a tiny bit, it's you and Tarty.

I wasn't on the forum when you asked that and when I did check the thread a few hours later you had gone off to sleep.
21-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Man this is nuts...

I'm just gonna write down my summary based off what I just read.

Undergroundp still seems the most suspicious to me. She's... I dunno. Just every post she makes seems to dig a bigger hole for herself. She could be innocent but she just doesn't seem to be able to say so in a believable way.
Losty and Ash have some kinda blood-feud going on. Ash thinks Losty's scum and thinks she's trying to protect Mathilda which is either scum trying to cosy up to good player or scum trying to protect scum?
Losty and someone else (I forget who - maybe Catholic Lady) said something about Ash looking kinda dodgy himself.
Mathilda's hunting scum like there's no tomorrow which CommonSensei thinks is in itself suspicious. Ash does too.
CommonSensei randomly outta the blue announced that he would die a true brave soldier if people voted to lynch him Huh When no one had, as far as I can tell...
Arounra... I can't tell anything. Probably need to reread the thread to get a better idea...
Catholic Lady... I also need to reread. Don't know either her or Arounra well enough and haven't taken note of their posts that much.
Oh wait there's Tarty as well. Hmmm. Gonna put him in the "needs more investigation group" too. Dodgy fucker.

Hehe, and of course there's me Smile Zee most innocent boy ever. D'awww. Look at that pretty face Blush

I'm not changing my vote for now...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Maaan Sad This is what sucks about being in a different timezone. I wanna cause shit and there's no one to play with Undecided Sigh...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.