Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
The Cop may not find scum. The Cop could die, the roleblocker (hooker) could target the cop, or any number of things. We don't want to rely on power to win the game. That's a dangerous road to go down.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ash's post
21-09-2015, 11:04 AM
[Image: disgruntled-man-5991388.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
21-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Dose the Mafia still kill if we choose to lynch someone?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
21-09-2015, 11:08 AM
(21-09-2015 10:49 AM)Ash Wrote:  In fact, since voting for me you have only briefly mentioned Losty, and never elaborated on your thought process. So it IS tunneling. The rest of your posts have been nothing but fluff. Do you have ANYTHING to say on any of the other players? Anything that's not fluff?

I have not posted only fluff. And I also stated that I thought your jumping around with your votes was what pinged me, not just my gut.

As well, your posts seem designed to look town, without doing any real scum hunting (which I ALSO said in an earlier post).

Why are you ignoring the arguments I presented and saying I did not present any? Also accusing me of fluff when I've posted read lists, and discussed other players.

I'm not tunneling, I just think I've hit on something here. Your continued dodging only looks worse.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 11:09 AM
CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Losty - 3
[Catholic_Lady, Ash, Dark Light]
Ash - 2 [Aroura, Losty]
undergroundp - 1 [morondog]
Mathilda - 1 [Commonsensei]
Dark Light -1 [Mathilda]

Six votes are required to lynch.

The current deadline for the Day is 7:00 PM Eastern time today, or roughly six hours from now. If no lynch is decided on in that time, there will be no lynch.

I am, however, willing to extend the Day phase for another 24 hours due to the slow start provided that the players wish it. If you want to ask for an extension, say so in bold in one of your posts.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
21-09-2015, 11:09 AM
(21-09-2015 11:06 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Dose the Mafia still kill if we choose to lynch someone?

Yes.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
21-09-2015, 11:10 AM
(21-09-2015 11:04 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: disgruntled-man-5991388.jpg]
There also may not be a cop. One of the possible set-ups is ALL vanilla's and goons, no PR's at all.

We can't rely on possible power roles, we have to find the mafia by testing how people react to accusations, how they vote, etc, and then comparing it all over time.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 11:15 AM
[Image: face_disgruntled_baby_cropped-300x227.jpg]

21-09-2015, 11:16 AM
You are absolutely tunneling! You've not mentioned another player (except briefly mentioning Losty) since you voted for me. And there was plenty of fluff posts in there.

My "jumping around"? I've voted only once, and only stated Mathilda as my top suspect way back when, and even stated that it wasn't enough for me to vote her at that point.

You've still never explained how my posts look "designed" to look town. All you've stated was that they were. It's easy to state something, and then not back it up with anything. Which is exactly what you've done. You haven't stated HOW they look designed, and WHY you think they look that way. You haven't even pointed out which posts made you feel this way.
21-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Not to mention the "no real scum hunting" What does that even mean? Am I "fake" scum hunting when I call out Losty for what I find suspicious? Am I "fake" scum hunting when I question underground about her vague hint? Please, by all means tell me how I'm 'fake' scum hunting.

I think you're the one faking it here, and it's making me reconsider Losty because I don't think there's any way both of you are scum. You're not making any real arguments. You're making soft ones, and that's something scum does.