Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(21-09-2015 11:49 AM)Ash Wrote:  Is this better?

Holy crap, that's not fair. Can we vote off cute guys?
Don't let my husband read that....lol.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aroura's post
21-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Oh yes, to expand on my Ash accusation real quick, most of those posts are the "generally helpful play advice, but not scum hunting" posts, which in previous games with other players, I've often found a tactic scum often use to look town. So that is why I quoted those specific posts.

~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Let's see what you've missed...

-Me saying my gut says that Commonsensei is town (It still does btw)
-The fact that my arguments are my own, and not just copied from others. For example, the fact that Losty kept buddying up with Mathilda (pretty scummy thing to do). Keep in mind that this game requires a majority to lynch, not just plurality, which means that you almost have to go with the flow. Also it's day 1, and I've never played with anyone here before, so I'm not going to have too much of a read on anyone. Everyone except for three players (as mentioned before) have had votes against them in any case.
-My later vote on you, for basically making soft arguments (you finally come out with something more concrete, though I don't think you've stated how my posts feel 'designed' to look town, or which ones do for that matter)
-It wasn't until after Losty did something I found scummy that I jumped on that 'bandwagon', and I made a case against her, rather than jumping on her earlier when everyone was doing it for the simple reason of her not being around.
-Oh yeah, what Losty voted me for -- my initial suspicion on Mathilda. Who did I 'follow' on that one?
21-09-2015, 12:05 PM
generally helpful play advice is great for newbies. And this is a game with a few newbies in it. Way back when I first started playing, I relied much on the advice of others (it was quite hilarious, because I was advised to claim, and I happened to be town doc, so I was adamant about not claiming.)
[+] 2 users Like Ash's post
21-09-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm thinking Dark Light and Commonsensie (sp?) are looking scummy right now. The original votes for me were intended only as pressure votes because I hadn't shown up. Now they've both changed to me after others have changed their votes away from me, but neither of them told what I've done that made them think I look scummy.

Only Ash has called me scummy and that was only because I called him scummy. I still think Ash looks very scummy because he accused me of "twisting the facts" when I had done no such thing. Like he was trying to emboldened the lynch all liars rule on me but very sneakily. Then when I asked him to quote me and point out where I had twisted facts, he just ignored my request and continued playing as if I had never asked.

The only thing that makes me wary of lynching Ash is that it would be stupid for scum to push so hard against me for so long because as soon as I flip he knows he'd be lynched next.

So....I still don't trust Ash but I would be willing to change my vote to Dark Light. What does everyone think?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Oh, I agree, I also like to give advice! But it is often alos a scum tactic (because it does make you look oh so helpful), but you are right, you've given your own opinions, they were just scattered about so it was hard for me to pick them out. Your defense makes sense. I just needed to see it.

I think the "threat" you posted of asking everyone else to post something about another player, and me normally seeing more full lists as opposed to single comments is what got me the most. BUt that could all be totally town, so for now....

Unvote

And I think Dark Light has been too lurky, so he (she?) is my next vote. I really don't get what is supicious about Losty, but maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not.

Vote: Dark Light

~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 12:16 PM
And by lurky, I mean they have posted a little, and even voted, but not given us much of substance.

So I'm all up in that.... (did I just say that? lol)

~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 12:18 PM
(21-09-2015 11:43 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think an argument can be made for lynching Ash since his presence is so distracting to the ladies. We need our female players thinking logically and analyzing effectively, your glistening abs aren't helping them in that regard. Tongue

I think an argument can be made for lynching you since you haven't said anything useful Dodgy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
21-09-2015, 12:20 PM
(21-09-2015 12:10 PM)Losty Wrote:  I'm thinking Dark Light and Commonsensie (sp?) are looking scummy right now. The original votes for me were intended only as pressure votes because I hadn't shown up. Now they've both changed to me after others have changed their votes away from me, but neither of them told what I've done that made them think I look scummy.

Only Ash has called me scummy and that was only because I called him scummy. I still think Ash looks very scummy because he accused me of "twisting the facts" when I had done no such thing. Like he was trying to emboldened the lynch all liars rule on me but very sneakily. Then when I asked him to quote me and point out where I had twisted facts, he just ignored my request and continued playing as if I had never asked.

The only thing that makes me wary of lynching Ash is that it would be stupid for scum to push so hard against me for so long because as soon as I flip he knows he'd be lynched next.

So....I still don't trust Ash but I would be willing to change my vote to Dark Light. What does everyone think?

Emboldened? Wtf. *invoke

21-09-2015, 12:22 PM
CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Losty - 3
[Catholic_Lady, Dark Light, Commonsensei]
Dark Light - 2 [Mathilda, Aroura]
Ash - 1 [Losty]
undergroundp - 1 [morondog]
Aroura - 1 [Ash]

Six votes are required to lynch.

The current deadline for the Day is 7:00 PM Eastern time today, or roughly six hours from now. If no lynch is decided on in that time, there will be no lynch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner