Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 12:46 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
I just want to point out that I'm pretty sure Dark Light doesn't qualify as a new player. He may be new to gagged games but he isn't new to mafia so he should know to vote for someone and tell his reason especially since others have take. Their votes elsewhere.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
21-09-2015, 12:51 PM
(21-09-2015 12:36 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Dark Light and Commonsensei did both bandwaggon Losty, but both are new to mafia, and I think new players tend to follow leads, so I think people are giving them both a pass on that, but I'm still holding that as scummy. Especially Dark Light, as Commonsensai at least gave a cursory reason.

I'm pretty sure Dark Light isn't new to Mafia Consider

As for my thoughts.

Losty didn't seem scummy to me at all, she was just briefly absent in the beginning. Tarty is being weird, but then again it's Tarty so I don't know.
I'm not sure about Ash. I kinda feel like he's desperately searching for reasons to lynch someone, but maybe too desperately.
Mathilda and Aroura seem alright for now. Reasonable.
No idea about Catholic Lady. She hasn't given us much.

Oops. I just realized I totally missed a post by Ash that addressed me Ohmy
No wonder I looked scummy, I never replied to him and I said that no one told me to reveal my info and that's exactly what he did Facepalm

Ugh. I don't know. I feel like Dark Light is the safest bet.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Posting again for that list.

Mathilda - neutral to town
morondog - feeling like town
Tartarus Sauce - yeah, nobody knows
Catholic Lady - slightly scummy
Dark Light - scummy enough for me to vote for him
Commonsensei - feeling like town
Losty - probably town
Ash - neutral to scummy
Aroura - neutral to town

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
21-09-2015, 12:54 PM
going through the thread right now. I'm just going to throw this out there as I see it. I don't think underground is scum. I think she really does have some kind of power role. From what I understand, scum is supposed to try to look vanilla town. Why draw attention to yourself by hinting at a power role if you're scum??
[+] 1 user Likes Catholic_Lady's post
21-09-2015, 12:56 PM
(21-09-2015 12:18 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:43 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think an argument can be made for lynching Ash since his presence is so distracting to the ladies. We need our female players thinking logically and analyzing effectively, your glistening abs aren't helping them in that regard. Tongue

I think an argument can be made for lynching you since you haven't said anything useful Dodgy

Yeah this is typical of Tarty. My principle used to be that we should lynch scummy play even if it is their usual style of play. But I've since realised that this is on a par of lynching a lurker in that it doesn't give us any useful information.

Tarty never really plays pro-town even when he is town. It means he's really difficult to read. We could apply pressure to Tarty but I'm not sure that it would work.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 12:57 PM
unvote

Dark Light, I'll hold off voting for you until you have a chance to explain yourself unless we are getting too close to the last minute.

Mathilda - looks town to me, she has been very actively scum hunting.
morondog - I really don't have a read on him. He hasn't been around enough or saying enough for me to really get an opinion
Tartarus Sauce - same as morondog, except he has been around but just not saying anything. It makes him look scummy.
Catholic Lady - she started out seeming to scum hunt but I haven't seen her around much since then. Neutral
Dark Light - looks scummy because he jumped on a bandwagon that was just starting to be called off
Commonsensei - slightly scummy because he jumped on the same bandwagon right after another person jumped off and didn't say why.
Ash - he looks scummy to me, buuut like I've said a couple times already I have reason to believe he may actually be town.
Undergroundp - ugp is looking scummy to me as well with saying she may know who is town but not wanting to answer and after being told by a few people that you should always share your reads she just said she would do whatever we want her to but still didn't share her reads.
Aroura looks town to me and is scum hunting

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Hmm, knowing he's not new to mafia only makes me read Dark Light stronger as scum.

Based on that, and his unexplained vote for Losty, I'm thinking he's our safest lynch today as well.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
*ok ugp, you snuck in there while I was typing lol

21-09-2015, 12:59 PM
(21-09-2015 12:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I find it interesting how people seem to be remembering me as whacky even though I was only particularly nuts during the last game. I'm wondering if more recent behaviors are leading people to remember earlier plays of mine differently.

Good point. Your first game on AF got you stuck in a quagmire talking about the the utility of day 1 lynches. For some reason that seems to get a lot of people lynched.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 01:01 PM
vote: lynch Dark Light