Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(21-09-2015 12:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I find it interesting how people seem to be remembering me as whacky even though I was only particularly nuts during the last game. I'm wondering if more recent behaviors are leading people to remember earlier plays of mine differently.

The only game I can remember you being weird is the last one, and now this one a little bit. Before that, you were always either voted out early anyway, or you played really well (TPB).

Not sure what to make of you right now. But perhaps that's what you want??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Catholic_Lady's post
21-09-2015, 01:03 PM
(21-09-2015 12:36 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Analysing votes:

So, Catholic Lady is new to this forum, so am I, so she may have voted for Losty because she was familiar. I get that, but then where is she? She's normally a pretty active player, and she's been online today, so why not here playing today?
Dark Light and Commonsensei did both bandwaggon Losty, but both are new to mafia, and I think new players tend to follow leads, so I think people are giving them both a pass on that, but I'm still holding that as scummy. Especially Dark Light, as Commonsensai at least gave a cursory reason.

Ashes vote for me strikes me as purely defensive, not sure how to read that. Dang it. He's off of Losty, but she's right, he accused her of twisting words, but then didn't ever come back and specify when she asked him to. Argh....makes me suspicious of him again!

morondogs vote for underground seems legit, so I'm reading morondog as lean town.

Underground seems to be trying.

Hmm, I don't know, I'm sticking with Dark Light for now for the opportunistic and unexplained vote on Losty.

Sorry. I fall really behind on the weekends that my husband is not away, and then have like 15 pages to go through come monday. I get lazy about reading through that many pages, so I procrastinated a little bit.
From scummiest to least scummy:

Aroura - Relied on soft arguments for a good while, before building a real case. Was focused solely on me for a long time until called out on it.

Losty - Focused way too much on my initial reading of Mathilda's vote, and tried painting it as if I continued suspecting Mathilda late into the game, when I hadn't. Also appeared to buddy up with Mathilda. Common scum tactic is buddying up with good players. Mostly it's the repetition of calling Mathilda the ideal townie over and over again.

Catholic Lady - Just a gut feeling. If Losty is town, CL could very well be scum trying to get an early lynch going with Losty. Though Losty has acted more suspicious (and thus is higher on my list)

Dark Light - Is DL new to the game of mafia? Not much is sticking out.

Tartarus - Reminds me of some players I know. Not easy to read, so automatically higher on my list.

morondog - Don't really have much of a read on him, nothing's really stood out as scummy though

Mathilda - She's moved down a lot since the beginning. Actively making pushes, and not tunneling. Making good arguments. Scum does this too, of course, but I feel good about her for now.

undergroundp - feels townish to me. Though she's a bit too focused on the hint she spotted earlier. Feels more like frustrated town in an 'gagged' game, not sure how to play it.

commonsensei - Feels like newbie town to me.
Tarty, perhaps instead of commenting on how people are misremembering you, you could just post a read list.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
21-09-2015, 01:04 PM
(21-09-2015 12:39 PM)Aroura Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I find it interesting how people seem to be remembering me as whacky even though I was only particularly nuts during the last game. I'm wondering if more recent behaviors are leading people to remember earlier plays of mine differently.

This is true, I only know you were wacky in one game, but it was so wacky it is sticking out I guess; and then again in this one, but only mild, and it's more fluffy than wacky.

But Losty seemed to be saying you used to do this a lot inthe past? And in other games I played with you, you always died quick, so truth is, I only saw a lot of your playstyle in the Princess Bride, and then you played very straight town.....so I'm confused!!!!

Same. But like I said, perhaps that's what he wants. Kinda starting to read it as a scummy move.
21-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Ash Wrote:Dark Light - Is DL new to the game of mafia? Not much is sticking out.

He isn't new to mafia but he is new to gagged games.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-09-2015, 01:06 PM
(21-09-2015 12:57 PM)Losty Wrote:  Undergroundp - ugp is looking scummy to me as well with saying she may know who is town but not wanting to answer and after being told by a few people that you should always share your reads she just said she would do whatever we want her to but still didn't share her reads.

Does my list help? Tongue

After Ash told me not to give hints and Mathilda told me not to reveal it if I want to protect that person I wasn't sure what to do. There was no clear "give us the info".

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Is it his first game here? I know some places have different voting formats. (We use hashtags for example). Just seems like he doesn't know how to vote.
21-09-2015, 01:09 PM
(21-09-2015 01:06 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:57 PM)Losty Wrote:  Undergroundp - ugp is looking scummy to me as well with saying she may know who is town but not wanting to answer and after being told by a few people that you should always share your reads she just said she would do whatever we want her to but still didn't share her reads.

Does my list help? Tongue

After Ash told me not to give hints and Mathilda told me not to reveal it if I want to protect that person I wasn't sure what to do. There was no clear "give us the info".

Yes, your list helped. What I'm curious about, though, is people were saying you hinted at a power role and giving clues about who you think is town? Am I getting that right? Because I don't understand what about could have given you information about who is town on day 1

This isn't me asking you to claim. Do not role claim.

I'm just confused about it is all.

21-09-2015, 01:12 PM
(21-09-2015 01:07 PM)Ash Wrote:  Is it his first game here? I know some places have different voting formats. (We use hashtags for example). Just seems like he doesn't know how to vote.

No I have played games with him here and games modded by him here. Though, outside of this particular game it's usually a lot more relaxed when voting.

For example

lynch the cat!

Would be just as good as

Vote: Lynch Tartarus Sauce