Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(21-09-2015 01:04 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:39 PM)Aroura Wrote:  This is true, I only know you were wacky in one game, but it was so wacky it is sticking out I guess; and then again in this one, but only mild, and it's more fluffy than wacky.

But Losty seemed to be saying you used to do this a lot inthe past? And in other games I played with you, you always died quick, so truth is, I only saw a lot of your playstyle in the Princess Bride, and then you played very straight town.....so I'm confused!!!!

Same. But like I said, perhaps that's what he wants. Kinda starting to read it as a scummy move.

Any read list?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 01:14 PM
(21-09-2015 12:54 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  going through the thread right now. I'm just going to throw this out there as I see it. I don't think underground is scum. I think she really does have some kind of power role. From what I understand, scum is supposed to try to look vanilla town. Why draw attention to yourself by hinting at a power role if you're scum??

So why tell everyone including Mafia that if you think that she is indeed a power role?

Up until now I've been quiet on own my thoughts on an earlier post of yours and have only posted it when discussing how it could be the one that undergroundp has been talking about. But now I am starting to think that actually maybe you should have warranted my attention instead.

(19-09-2015 11:54 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  I'm actually about to go to bed pretty soon here, but will catch up and post something of substance in the morning.

(my italics)

You see my first thought was that you were trying to attract the night kill by hinting that are the cop, which would mean that you are VT and therefore town. But if you're now saying that undergroundp is probably a power role, which you can't possibly know, then that means that you can't be trying to attract the night kill yourself.

This leaves us two options. Either you meant 'substance' as a more in-depth analysis, in which case why not say that? Or you are trying to make yourself look more towny and to make people hesitant about drawing attention to you.

And if you really were a cop then you would be less confident about undergroundp being a power role.

@Undergroundp, was the post above the one that you were referring to?
21-09-2015, 01:16 PM
(21-09-2015 01:09 PM)Losty Wrote:  Yes, your list helped. What I'm curious about, though, is people were saying you hinted at a power role and giving clues about who you think is town? Am I getting that right? Because I don't understand what about could have given you information about who is town on day 1

This isn't me asking you to claim. Do not role claim.

I'm just confused about it is all.

Yes, that's right. If I explained how it's possible I'd pretty much reveal everything Angel That was the problem all along. That's why it was hard for me to say anything.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
(21-09-2015 01:12 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:07 PM)Ash Wrote:  Is it his first game here? I know some places have different voting formats. (We use hashtags for example). Just seems like he doesn't know how to vote.

No I have played games with him here and games modded by him here. Though, outside of this particular game it's usually a lot more relaxed when voting.

For example

lynch the cat!

Would be just as good as

Vote: Lynch Tartarus Sauce

Crap, sorry Unbeliever. I didn't really think about how this could be confusing for you. I wasn't meaning to change my vote. I can unvote and revote for DL if necessary

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
(21-09-2015 01:03 PM)Losty Wrote:  Tarty, perhaps instead of commenting on how people are misremembering you, you could just post a read list.

If you insist, I always take day one reads with a grain of salt since they tend to be overshadowed by more reliable reads on day two, but here are my two cents.

You, Mathilda, and Ash have all been playing town games. I have town reads on all of you despite the fingers you've been pointing at each other. Scum has a particular method of keeping up appearances for scum hunting and none of you have fit that bill yet. Undergroundp is also a town read, in spite of, if not because of her gaff about her reluctance to reveal her thoughts on a townie read and power roles. Scum wouldn't intentionally set themselves up to get drilled with questions like that if they were planning to play coy and not give the answers other players were looking for, seems more like a townie mistake.

Commonsensei is wet behind the ears nub, who always appear scummy to me due to their inexperienced plays. Aroura is being Aroura, this neither clears her nor condemns her, she was also being herself day one last game and she ended up being scum.

Dark Light, morondog, and Cathy need to talk more, I'd recommend focusing our attention on them for now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
21-09-2015, 01:18 PM
(21-09-2015 01:14 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  @Undergroundp, was the post above the one that you were referring to?

Mmm nope! That wasn't it. I didn't reply when you previously mentioned it because Ash scared me with all the "don't give hints" stuff Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Ok, Dark Lights behavior before was not pinging him as scum to me because I assumed he was super new to mafia. Knowing now that he's an experienced mafia player, has raised suspicion for me. Sure, it's his first GAGGED game, but still. I have never played an ungagged game, so I can't comment on the differences and whether or not his behavior would make sense playing gagged for the first time.

Losty has come back and made good contribution to the game. Still doesn't make sense why she was gone for so long at first, without even giving any reason, but she's off the hook for now as far as I'm concerned:

UNVOTE LOSTY

I read town on these people judging from their active scum hunting and pro town play:

Mathilda
Aroura
Losty

I read town this person based on her soft PR claim and no reason that I saw for me to believe she is scum:

Underground

Confused by these people right now, and slightly starting to lean scum to me:

Tarty
Dark Light

There has been some suspicion and back and forth between Aroura and Ash, but I'm just not seeing ash as scum. Can't explain why exactly, just not getting the scum vibe. He is currently neutral to me.

Everyone else currently neutral as well.

Someone needs lynched on the first day, and we need 6 votes to get there. Hoping to hear more from this person:

Vote: Lynch Dark Light
21-09-2015, 01:19 PM
(21-09-2015 01:16 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:09 PM)Losty Wrote:  Yes, your list helped. What I'm curious about, though, is people were saying you hinted at a power role and giving clues about who you think is town? Am I getting that right? Because I don't understand what about could have given you information about who is town on day 1

This isn't me asking you to claim. Do not role claim.

I'm just confused about it is all.

Yes, that's right. If I explained how it's possible I'd pretty much reveal everything Angel That was the problem all along. That's why it was hard for me to say anything.

In future, if you are in a gagged game, just offer up any in thread reasons that the person seems town to you. That way you can tell us who is town without revealing even a hint about your role.

21-09-2015, 01:24 PM
CL Wrote:Losty has come back and made good contribution to the game. Still doesn't make sense why she was gone for so long at first, without even giving any reason, but she's off the hook for now as far as I'm concerned:

I haven't given a reason because my reasoning is irrelevant and I don't care to share my personal business in a mafia game. Sorry

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
21-09-2015, 01:24 PM
(21-09-2015 01:14 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:54 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  going through the thread right now. I'm just going to throw this out there as I see it. I don't think underground is scum. I think she really does have some kind of power role. From what I understand, scum is supposed to try to look vanilla town. Why draw attention to yourself by hinting at a power role if you're scum??

So why tell everyone including Mafia that if you think that she is indeed a power role?

Up until now I've been quiet on own my thoughts on an earlier post of yours and have only posted it when discussing how it could be the one that undergroundp has been talking about. But now I am starting to think that actually maybe you should have warranted my attention instead.

(19-09-2015 11:54 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  I'm actually about to go to bed pretty soon here, but will catch up and post something of substance in the morning.

(my italics)

You see my first thought was that you were trying to attract the night kill by hinting that are the cop, which would mean that you are VT and therefore town. But if you're now saying that undergroundp is probably a power role, which you can't possibly know, then that means that you can't be trying to attract the night kill yourself.

This leaves us two options. Either you meant 'substance' as a more in-depth analysis, in which case why not say that? Or you are trying to make yourself look more towny and to make people hesitant about drawing attention to you.

And if you really were a cop then you would be less confident about undergroundp being a power role.

@Undergroundp, was the post above the one that you were referring to?

Mathilda, all I meant by that phrase was that I would post more in depth/would contribute more. It wasn't a soft claim.