Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(21-09-2015 01:36 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  For those interests, appearently I didn't explain why I votre for Losty very well...bandwagon. Better to gang domains than no one and age har the most votes with my change at the time. This can cerainly kilo a townie, and statistically will, but it gets info. Plus reactions alone provide info. Of course this can work by bandwagoning on me too, but youll be doing what your killing me for. And no, Im not new. Player many games, and hosted many hare at TTA if you look at the mafia threads.

Cheers

Go home Dark Light, you're drunk.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
21-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Lol reads kinda like pirate speak. Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-09-2015, 01:47 PM
(21-09-2015 01:25 PM)Losty Wrote:  Ugh what sucks the most is I'm actually starting to like the 48 hours day thing. Lol

I was just thinking this. For town, on day one at least, this is giving us lots more time to form reads.

It's not strained or drawn out like I thought it would feel. Instead, the votes are coming down to the wire, just like in a 12 or 24 hour phase.

I think we would meet some resistance suggesting this on AF though, lol.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
21-09-2015, 01:49 PM
(21-09-2015 01:32 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Everyone who has not recently updated their read list (or not given one at all) should do so at this time so we can start comparing notes. We only have less than 4 hours left.

morondog - When he posts he seems kind of lost with the gagged games, but then he's also lurking a lot whereas even completely new players will often get into the swing of it as the day progresses. I like it how he showed commitment by voting even though I had just switched my vote to someone else, but then it fizzled out.

Tartarus Sauce - Are penguins five dimensional time warps slipping in and out of custard pies?

Catholic Lady - I thought I was onto something with her post about coming up with something with more substance the next day when I thought that undergroundp was being misled by it but I'm putting this theory on the backburner for the moment. She can be difficult to judge because she's not really here much at the moment.

Undergroundp - Still really confused about what she was hinting at. Her story is inconsistent but her tone is town and she seems new to the whole gagged game thing.

Dark Light - None of it fits or adds up. Best candidate for a lynch. A little worried that it won't provide us with much information though.

Commonsensei - undecided for the moment. New players can be particularly difficult to judge.

Losty - Was suspicious of her at first for inactivity but she's started scumhunting so lean town..

Ash - Lean town. There are newbies to gagged games so the helpful game advice is needed, and he has eventually started to come up with proper accusations and theories.

Aroura - My personal blind spot. She does seem town and seems to be genuinely scumhunting but this isn't unusual for her scum play. I see what Ash is saying though because accusations based on feels don't help anyone.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 01:49 PM
(21-09-2015 01:36 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  For those interests, appearently I didn't explain why I votre for Losty very well...bandwagon. Better to gang domains than no one and age har the most votes with my change at the time. This can cerainly kilo a townie, and statistically will, but it gets info. Plus reactions alone provide info. Of course this can work by bandwagoning on me too, but youll be doing what your killing me for. And no, Im not new. Player many games, and hosted many hare at TTA if you look at the mafia threads.

Cheers

ERm, good point!

Thinking...

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 01:50 PM
(21-09-2015 01:47 PM)Aroura Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:25 PM)Losty Wrote:  Ugh what sucks the most is I'm actually starting to like the 48 hours day thing. Lol

I was just thinking this. For town, on day one at least, this is giving us lots more time to form reads.

It's not strained or drawn out like I thought it would feel. Instead, the votes are coming down to the wire, just like in a 12 or 24 hour phase.

I think we would meet some resistance suggesting this on AF though, lol.

I don't know, it might work as a cap like it is here. You have a 48 hour limit but the phase can end sooner than that.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
21-09-2015, 01:53 PM
It would be a good point DL if someone hadn't just jumped off the wagon because I was no longer absent and now am scum hunting.

21-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Anyways, I want to know what everyone thinks about ugp.

Does anyone know if we were allowed to use night actions on night zero?

Game mod, would you be able to answer that question?

Because ugp is soft claiming some role that supposedly gives her insight on who is town, butttt there is no role that would do that unless she was somehow allowed to use her night action on night zero (which I've never heard of that being allowed before)

21-09-2015, 02:00 PM
unbeliever Wrote:It is now NIGHT ZERO. No Night actions will be taken and the Mafia will not kill anyone, though they are allowed to talk privately; this is simply pre-game discussion where votes mean nothing and chatter is idle until we have enough check-ins.

Nope. There is no chance that ugp has been able to use a power role at this point in the game. There are no roles in the list that can be used in a day phase.

21-09-2015, 02:07 PM
(21-09-2015 01:56 PM)Losty Wrote:  Anyways, I want to know what everyone thinks about ugp.

Does anyone know if we were allowed to use night actions on night zero?

Game mod, would you be able to answer that question?

Because ugp is soft claiming some role that supposedly gives her insight on who is town, butttt there is no role that would do that unless she was somehow allowed to use her night action on night zero (which I've never heard of that being allowed before)

This is an introductory game so won't have any custom roles.

UGP's first comment is from post #42 on page 5. This is the first post which I started questioning and with which her story of protecting either herself or someone else has slowly revealed itself. I can't see anything before that post that she could be referring to.

The game only started on page 2 #17

And if UGP is referring to a post after her initial post then her story has changed over time which is a scum-tell.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post