Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(21-09-2015 01:47 PM)Aroura Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:25 PM)Losty Wrote:  Ugh what sucks the most is I'm actually starting to like the 48 hours day thing. Lol

I was just thinking this. For town, on day one at least, this is giving us lots more time to form reads.

It's not strained or drawn out like I thought it would feel. Instead, the votes are coming down to the wire, just like in a 12 or 24 hour phase.

I think we would meet some resistance suggesting this on AF though, lol.

I think it's a good idea. It helps us make a better decision on who to lynch, giving us more time/info to work with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2015, 02:15 PM
(21-09-2015 01:16 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:09 PM)Losty Wrote:  Yes, your list helped. What I'm curious about, though, is people were saying you hinted at a power role and giving clues about who you think is town? Am I getting that right? Because I don't understand what about could have given you information about who is town on day 1

This isn't me asking you to claim. Do not role claim.

I'm just confused about it is all.

Yes, that's right. If I explained how it's possible I'd pretty much reveal everything Angel That was the problem all along. That's why it was hard for me to say anything.

It seems here again that she's saying she would have to role claim in order to explain herself, but there aren't any roles in this game that she could have used to gain insight on another player. It just makes no sense.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
21-09-2015, 02:20 PM
(21-09-2015 02:15 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:16 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yes, that's right. If I explained how it's possible I'd pretty much reveal everything Angel That was the problem all along. That's why it was hard for me to say anything.

It seems here again that she's saying she would have to role claim in order to explain herself, but there aren't any roles in this game that she could have used to gain insight on another player. It just makes no sense.

Yes, ever since that post of her's I've taken her to be a PR. Can't explain what PR it would be though, but who knows? I'd rather be safe than sorry. I still don't think scum would pull something like this.
21-09-2015, 02:20 PM
(21-09-2015 02:07 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  UGP's first comment is from post #42 on page 5. This is the first post which I started questioning and with which her story of protecting either herself or someone else has slowly revealed itself. I can't see anything before that post that she could be referring to.

The game only started on page 2 #17

And if UGP is referring to a post after her initial post then her story has changed over time which is a scum-tell.

Well, I wish I could explain. Explaining will reveal everything. But I'm definitely referring to a post BEFORE my initial one.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Underground wasn't softclaiming power as far as I can tell. She just didn't want to out someone she thought hinted that they were power in a post. (Usually the best thing in that situation is not to say you picked up anything unless you think scum picked up on it.)
[+] 2 users Like Ash's post
21-09-2015, 02:23 PM
One thing that has puzzled me about Darklight is his comments about his vote.

#22 he confirms that he is ready to play

Then he seems to take seriously Tarty's joke vote on A2 in #45:

(20-09-2015 04:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Unless my count is off a2 is on chopping block right now. Looking at threas through damn phone right now though. Anyone care to correct?

He then says that he will vote for Ash but doesn't actually do it.

(20-09-2015 06:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  With that said, and now that I know I will vote for Ash- don't want a newbie to get killed day one cause that's no fun.

But then talks as if he did vote:

(20-09-2015 06:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh, btw, if anyone has a good reason for me to change my vote, I'm all ears.

But then he disputes a vote count saying that his vote on Ash has been forgotten #166

(21-09-2015 04:28 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Ahem! Unless we time-traveled to early 20th century America, and I changed sex-organs, Ash should've had 3 votes as well. Nevertheless I wish to change my vote to Losty.

The last post makes it look like a genuine slip, but it's still odd.

Dark Light. You need to make your vote easy to read on a separate line in bold, like

Code:
[b]Vote: Lynch Unbeliever[/b]

Perhaps Dark Light is reading as scum because he's posting on a phone and not paying much attention to the game?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
21-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Well, as confusing as undergrounds insitence that she spotted some kind of town tell or claim that we are missing, or something, it does strike me as a person used to ungagged games picking up something and being frustrated.

Then again, she's won't just saw what it IS, and at this point, she's already said where it is, so if it's there for scum to find, she already pointed it out, so she may as well just say what post she's talking about, for those of us to dense to figure it out. Otherwise it does come accross as trying to claim some special knowledge as to avoind suspicion.

less than 3 hours to go. Dark Light's posts has a certain amount of sense, but does look a bit like drunk posting, so I'm not sure we can expect much defense. I have no reason, currently, to take my vote off Dark Light.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
21-09-2015, 02:26 PM
(21-09-2015 02:20 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 02:15 PM)Losty Wrote:  It seems here again that she's saying she would have to role claim in order to explain herself, but there aren't any roles in this game that she could have used to gain insight on another player. It just makes no sense.

Yes, ever since that post of her's I've taken her to be a PR. Can't explain what PR it would be though, but who knows? I'd rather be safe than sorry. I still don't think scum would pull something like this.

From the OP

(19-09-2015 01:31 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The four possible setups in play here are:
  • One Mafia Goon, one Mafia Hooker, one Cop, one Doctor, six Townies
  • Two Mafia Goons, one Cop, eight Townies
  • Two Mafia Goons, one Doctor, eight Townies
  • One Mafia Goon, one Mafia Hooker, eight Townies

The only possible town PRs (if they are even in the game) are cop and doctor.
21-09-2015, 02:28 PM
(21-09-2015 02:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  One thing that has puzzled me about Darklight is his comments about his vote.

#22 he confirms that he is ready to play

Then he seems to take seriously Tarty's joke vote on A2 in #45:

(20-09-2015 04:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Unless my count is off a2 is on chopping block right now. Looking at threas through damn phone right now though. Anyone care to correct?

He then says that he will vote for Ash but doesn't actually do it.

(20-09-2015 06:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  With that said, and now that I know I will vote for Ash- don't want a newbie to get killed day one cause that's no fun.

But then talks as if he did vote:

(20-09-2015 06:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh, btw, if anyone has a good reason for me to change my vote, I'm all ears.

But then he disputes a vote count saying that his vote on Ash has been forgotten #166

(21-09-2015 04:28 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Ahem! Unless we time-traveled to early 20th century America, and I changed sex-organs, Ash should've had 3 votes as well. Nevertheless I wish to change my vote to Losty.

The last post makes it look like a genuine slip, but it's still odd.

Dark Light. You need to make your vote easy to read on a separate line in bold, like

Code:
[b]Vote: Lynch Unbeliever[/b]

Perhaps Dark Light is reading as scum because he's posting on a phone and not paying much attention to the game?

He seems like someone who is kinda disconnected from the game, or trying not to call attention to himself. I assumed he was a newb because of this, but knowing he is not is confusing to me.

Is this normal game behavior for him?
21-09-2015, 02:29 PM
(21-09-2015 02:23 PM)Ash Wrote:  Underground wasn't softclaiming power as far as I can tell. She just didn't want to out someone she thought hinted that they were power in a post. (Usually the best thing in that situation is not to say you picked up anything unless you think scum picked up on it.)

If she's saying it was a read on someone else who may have soft claimed, that's different. I thought she was saying she couldn't tell us without telling what her role was which made no sense.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.