Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
I'll just wait and see what the others have to say before I vote for anyone.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Argh, so annoying when a PR doesn't defend him or herself. Sad

I've heard it said that when it comes to voting, mafia are cowards. And I've generally found that to be true. The hammer vote looked unintentional, but it did hammer, and it was posted without a reason accompanying it, even.
You don't have to be familiar with Mathilda to realize she was the biggest threat to scum in this game. She was very actively scum hunting.

The people on my suspicion list are the ones in the middle of the lynch wagon, The hammer vote and the people who did NOT vote for Dark Light.

Why did you leave your vote on me, Ash? That standalone vote looks bad. Mornondog also had what looks like a random vote, not involved in lynching the townie. So those 2 top my suspicion list, along with CL, Tarty, and still concerned about underground. Actively waiting until someone else makes a vote, and then voting them, is what caused the townie to get lynched in the first place.

Underground, did you not realize you were making the hammer vote? WHY did you vote Dark Light without even your own thoughts on the matter?

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
22-09-2015, 09:48 AM
(21-09-2015 11:08 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  I am shocked DL was a PR. You figure he would have said something or fought a little harder to stay in the game.

Mathilda being killed doesn't surprise me. She was probably one of the more active scum hunters on day 1. Undecided

Power Roles should always play a little scummy. That keeps them off of scums radar. Looking back at it, he shifted from me (even though he never voted for me) to Losty toward the end trying to lynch Losty over himself. Unfortunately none of us picked up his subtle defense of himself. Would have helped however if he had been around a bit more.

Tartarus's vote against DL stands out to me -- because he later wants to leave time for DL to defend himself. Tartarus could have waited to vote -- we didn't have the votals at the time. Of course DL may never have showed back up, and we needed six to lynch. But it's something I'm taking note of right now. He reads to me like one of those that are difficult to read.
22-09-2015, 10:02 AM
I left my vote on you because you were the most suspicious. Why wouldn't I leave my vote on you? I could have switched to Losty, but nobody else was budging. Everyone was interested in ending Dark Light. I'd never have convinced enough people to switch to Losty or to you. Especially in the short amount of time we had after the lynch was decided.

Also you're painting this idea that it's underground's fault that DL got lynched, when that's far from the truth. She was the hammer, but the lynch had practically been decided already. Barring DL coming in to defend himself. Now you could say that underground took the opportunity to hammer town, but that most certainly wasn't why our doctor was lynched.
22-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Also: Morondog saying "I'm pretty sure I'm town" bugs me, but I doubt it's a slip.
22-09-2015, 10:19 AM
(22-09-2015 09:43 AM)Aroura Wrote:  The hammer vote looked unintentional, but it did hammer, and it was posted without a reason accompanying it, even.

Underground, did you not realize you were making the hammer vote? WHY did you vote Dark Light without even your own thoughts on the matter?

First of all, this is the first time that I hear the term "hammer vote" in a Mafia game. I never notice how many votes exactly it takes to lynch someone and I hadn't even noticed I voted for him last. I never did that in Mafia games so there's no reason for me to do it now.

As I said before, I decided to vote Dark Light long before I actually did.

(21-09-2015 12:51 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Dark Light isn't new to Mafia Consider
[...]
I feel like Dark Light is the safest bet.

(21-09-2015 12:54 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Posting again for that list.

Mathilda - neutral to town
morondog - feeling like town
Tartarus Sauce - yeah, nobody knows
Catholic Lady - slightly scummy
Dark Light - scummy enough for me to vote for him
Commonsensei - feeling like town
Losty - probably town
Ash - neutral to scummy
Aroura - neutral to town

All this was based on the fact that a couple of other people pointed out that Dark Light was silent, never defended himself and is definitely not a new player. My vote didn't come out of nowhere and I thought that was pretty obvious.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
22-09-2015, 10:30 AM
(22-09-2015 09:43 AM)Aroura Wrote:  Argh, so annoying when a PR doesn't defend him or herself. Sad

I've heard it said that when it comes to voting, mafia are cowards. And I've generally found that to be true. The hammer vote looked unintentional, but it did hammer, and it was posted without a reason accompanying it, even.
You don't have to be familiar with Mathilda to realize she was the biggest threat to scum in this game. She was very actively scum hunting.

The people on my suspicion list are the ones in the middle of the lynch wagon, The hammer vote and the people who did NOT vote for Dark Light.

Why did you leave your vote on me, Ash? That standalone vote looks bad. Mornondog also had what looks like a random vote, not involved in lynching the townie. So those 2 top my suspicion list, along with CL, Tarty, and still concerned about underground. Actively waiting until someone else makes a vote, and then voting them, is what caused the townie to get lynched in the first place.

I don't think it's fair to say I've been a chicken with the votes just because I was in the middle of the pack for DL's lynch. I was the first person to vote for Losty when suspicion was on her.
22-09-2015, 10:31 AM
So there may or may not be another PR in the game (cop). Should we establish right now that if this person is on the verge of getting lynched, to claim so that we can have a shot trying to lynch someone else?
22-09-2015, 10:34 AM
At this time I think we should all take the info we got from the lynch and the night kill, and post our read lists.
22-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Aurora - Acting like she always does. Good scum hunting. Though she has proven to look town even when she is scum, it's not fair of me to lean scum on her just because of that. Until further evidence, lean town.

Ash - strong/passionate scum hunting. Seems to be trying really hard and looking at all the details. Seems like a genuine scum hunt. Lean town.

Underground - Her behavior on day one in regards to getting a PR read on someone seemed persistent enough to be real. Lean town.

Losty - Seemed scummy at first with the absence and lack of explanation, seemed town later on when actively scum hunting. Not sure what to think anymore. Neutral.

Commonsensei - Not much to say here. Newbie. Lean neutral.

Morondog - Nothing particularly scummy, but nothing that has given me reason to believe he is town, either. Neutral for now.

Tarty - Is definitely not playing a good town game. He's either scum, or he's just doing his own thing, not really caring much about his win condition.