Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
Vote: Aroura

I still think I was right yesterday. And now today she's basically accusing... pretty much everyone. "The people who weren't on the DL lynch, the people in the middle, and the person who hammered". That's... yeah, pretty much EVERYONE. Since Mathilda is gone. So that statement says pretty much nothing. "Scum are cowards with their votes". Not really. Scum can freely vote anyone. They know who is scum and who isn't. They're likely to follow a wagon, but they're also willing to follow a wagon early to avoid suspicion. The only two people she didn't suspicion directly were Sensei (who she suspected indirectly) and Losty.

Losty and Tartaraus are the next two most suspicious. Both lamented the loss of the doctor and Mathilda without doing much else (We'll see if Tartarus follows through with his promise to work harder).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
22-09-2015, 10:57 AM
(22-09-2015 10:19 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 09:43 AM)Aroura Wrote:  The hammer vote looked unintentional, but it did hammer, and it was posted without a reason accompanying it, even.

Underground, did you not realize you were making the hammer vote? WHY did you vote Dark Light without even your own thoughts on the matter?

First of all, this is the first time that I hear the term "hammer vote" in a Mafia game. I never notice how many votes exactly it takes to lynch someone and I hadn't even noticed I voted for him last. I never did that in Mafia games so there's no reason for me to do it now.

As I said before, I decided to vote Dark Light long before I actually did.

(21-09-2015 12:51 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Dark Light isn't new to Mafia Consider
[...]
I feel like Dark Light is the safest bet.

(21-09-2015 12:54 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Posting again for that list.

Mathilda - neutral to town
morondog - feeling like town
Tartarus Sauce - yeah, nobody knows
Catholic Lady - slightly scummy
Dark Light - scummy enough for me to vote for him
Commonsensei - feeling like town
Losty - probably town
Ash - neutral to scummy
Aroura - neutral to town

All this was based on the fact that a couple of other people pointed out that Dark Light was silent, never defended himself and is definitely not a new player. My vote didn't come out of nowhere and I thought that was pretty obvious.

Thank you.

I often keep a notebook with the players and notes about them in it, but I'm just kind of winging this game, so I'm not doing well at keeping track of who said what. I guess I need to spend 30 minutes going over the thread and making such notes.

So, for me, it's back to the peopl in the middle of the lynch wagon (opportunistic voting) and people who didn't participate in the lynch wagon (because scum often do this so they can say, see "I" didn't help lynch the townie, that's all on YOU guys.

So based on that (And don't freaking say I'm tunneling), Ash, morondog, tarty and CL are the tops suspects for me today, in no particular order.

I'm not actually sure I've seen Tarty's scum game...don't know MD (Can I call you that, morondog?) or Ash from previous games, but CL did not do any of the things I associate with her being scummy. However, I've only seen her as scum once, and she was a smooth operator.

Also Ash...just reminds of how experienced players know how to look very town while never actually helping town. Ash's play is smart (take this as a compliment!) and looks like he's helping town...without actually helping, and always with clean hands after a lynch.

Tarty is not being totally wacky, but he's sure not helping town. AND his vote was very opportunistic.

morodog, I don't know. Seems to be showing he's getting a grasp of the game.

I think it most likely it is a new player, either morondog or commonsensei, paired with a more experienced player, like Tarty or Ash or CL.

Sow with that, I want to know why CL has been so passive this game (we know, the weekend, but that's no excuse for your lack of scum hunting yesterday), not much scum hunting from her. She wasn't this quiet even in her very first game ever, so (and this is just a pressure vote! Subject to change depending on what is said.)

Vote: Catholic Lady

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
22-09-2015, 11:02 AM
(22-09-2015 10:56 AM)Ash Wrote:  Vote: Aroura

I still think I was right yesterday. And now today she's basically accusing... pretty much everyone. "The people who weren't on the DL lynch, the people in the middle, and the person who hammered". That's... yeah, pretty much EVERYONE. Since Mathilda is gone. So that statement says pretty much nothing. "Scum are cowards with their votes". Not really. Scum can freely vote anyone. They know who is scum and who isn't. They're likely to follow a wagon, but they're also willing to follow a wagon early to avoid suspicion. The only two people she didn't suspicion directly were Sensei (who she suspected indirectly) and Losty.

Losty and Tartaraus are the next two most suspicious. Both lamented the loss of the doctor and Mathilda without doing much else (We'll see if Tartarus follows through with his promise to work harder).
So it's suspicious of a townie to be suspicious of everyone?? Wait, I thought you accused me a tunneling.

Pick one, I can't be doing both. Tongue

And yes, scum are USUALLY cowards when it comes to voting. Not always, sometimes they will even lead a lynch, but that is a very risky game for scum.

I think my list of people in the middle of the wagon (which I realize includes me, btw, but I know I'm town, so I'm not going to analyze myself, feel free to keep digging that hole, though). is a pretty good list to work from, and with good reason.

~Man in Black
22-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Pressure votes aren't usually effective when you say they're a pressure vote.
22-09-2015, 11:06 AM
CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Aroura - 1
[Ash]
Catholic_Lady - 1 [Aroura]

Five votes are required to lynch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-09-2015, 11:08 AM
You aren't tunneling now, but you were tunneling yesterday. for a good while you failed to bring up any player except for me.

It's suspicious for someone to say something that sounds like something, but is really nothing. You've basically pointed out that you find everyone suspicious, but made it sound like it was good content.
22-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Look who's tunneling now, lol.

I've done tons ofscum hunting...and Ash thinks my scum hunting looks scummy? Pfft. That is like, the scummiest thing you've said so far.

Also, his defense of how scum being able to vote anyone (yes, we can all vote anyone, but scum need to be careful how their vote LOOKs at te end of the day,,,derp) smells even scummier. However, since I know I'd flip town, and I really don't think scum tend to start wagons, his vote for me now makes me think he's town (for now), and just not used to my play.

So, I'm still waiting on CL's answer. Smile

~Man in Black
22-09-2015, 11:34 AM
(22-09-2015 10:56 AM)Ash Wrote:  I still think I was right yesterday. And now today she's basically accusing... pretty much everyone. "The people who weren't on the DL lynch, the people in the middle, and the person who hammered". That's... yeah, pretty much EVERYONE.

That's exactly what I thought. I'm not ready to lynch her though. I still don't see why we are not lynching Tarty. We've all said we're suspicious of him and he never said anything to defend himself.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
22-09-2015, 11:52 AM
(22-09-2015 11:34 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 10:56 AM)Ash Wrote:  I still think I was right yesterday. And now today she's basically accusing... pretty much everyone. "The people who weren't on the DL lynch, the people in the middle, and the person who hammered". That's... yeah, pretty much EVERYONE.

That's exactly what I thought. I'm not ready to lynch her though. I still don't see why we are not lynching Tarty. We've all said we're suspicious of him and he never said anything to defend himself.

She makes a good point.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-09-2015, 12:03 PM
(22-09-2015 10:56 AM)Ash Wrote:  Vote: Aroura

Ash, that's normal Aroura play. She accuses everyone to get their reaction.