Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(22-09-2015 10:57 AM)Aroura Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 10:19 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  First of all, this is the first time that I hear the term "hammer vote" in a Mafia game. I never notice how many votes exactly it takes to lynch someone and I hadn't even noticed I voted for him last. I never did that in Mafia games so there's no reason for me to do it now.

As I said before, I decided to vote Dark Light long before I actually did.

All this was based on the fact that a couple of other people pointed out that Dark Light was silent, never defended himself and is definitely not a new player. My vote didn't come out of nowhere and I thought that was pretty obvious.

Thank you.

I often keep a notebook with the players and notes about them in it, but I'm just kind of winging this game, so I'm not doing well at keeping track of who said what. I guess I need to spend 30 minutes going over the thread and making such notes.

So, for me, it's back to the peopl in the middle of the lynch wagon (opportunistic voting) and people who didn't participate in the lynch wagon (because scum often do this so they can say, see "I" didn't help lynch the townie, that's all on YOU guys.

So based on that (And don't freaking say I'm tunneling), Ash, morondog, tarty and CL are the tops suspects for me today, in no particular order.

I'm not actually sure I've seen Tarty's scum game...don't know MD (Can I call you that, morondog?) or Ash from previous games, but CL did not do any of the things I associate with her being scummy. However, I've only seen her as scum once, and she was a smooth operator.

Also Ash...just reminds of how experienced players know how to look very town while never actually helping town. Ash's play is smart (take this as a compliment!) and looks like he's helping town...without actually helping, and always with clean hands after a lynch.

Tarty is not being totally wacky, but he's sure not helping town. AND his vote was very opportunistic.

morodog, I don't know. Seems to be showing he's getting a grasp of the game.

I think it most likely it is a new player, either morondog or commonsensei, paired with a more experienced player, like Tarty or Ash or CL.

Sow with that, I want to know why CL has been so passive this game (we know, the weekend, but that's no excuse for your lack of scum hunting yesterday), not much scum hunting from her. She wasn't this quiet even in her very first game ever, so (and this is just a pressure vote! Subject to change depending on what is said.)

Vote: Catholic Lady

Aurora, all I can say is I've questioned it myself. I don't know why I am not as enthusiastic about this game as I always am on AF. But I'm just NOT. The only reason I can think of for why is because it just doesn't really feel like "home" yet here. I started playing Mafia on AF after I had been there for a few months and I knew the players and knew the place. This is a new place with a handful of completely new people. I think that may be why I just don't feel as gung ho in this game, along with the fact that it started on a weekend when my husband was home, so I had a late start. Perhaps that, and the fact that I'm looking forward to my very first ungagged game on AF, coming soon. You've seen my scum game before, and it didn't involve being more quiet than usual.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 12:11 PM
BTW, does anyone have anything to say about my list? And is anyone able to post theirs as well?

(22-09-2015 10:54 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Aurora - Acting like she always does. Good scum hunting. Though she has proven to look town even when she is scum, it's not fair of me to lean scum on her just because of that. Until further evidence, lean town.

Ash - strong/passionate scum hunting. Seems to be trying really hard and looking at all the details. Seems like a genuine scum hunt. Lean town.

Underground - Her behavior on day one in regards to getting a PR read on someone seemed persistent enough to be real. Lean town.

Losty - Seemed scummy at first with the absence and lack of explanation, seemed town later on when actively scum hunting. Not sure what to think anymore. Neutral.

Commonsensei - Not much to say here. Newbie. Lean neutral.

Morondog - Nothing particularly scummy, but nothing that has given me reason to believe he is town, either. Neutral for now.

Tarty - Is definitely not playing a good town game. He's either scum, or he's just doing his own thing, not really caring much about his win condition.
22-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Aurora - I sometimes feel like she's desperately trying to make people look guilty, but I'd say neutral.

Ash - Has started sounding more reasonable so I'd say probably town.

Catholic Lady - Not sure what to think, her few posts haven't given me any hint. Neutral.

Losty - Almost sure she's town, I don't see anything scummy in her.

Commonsensei - Seems to be town, as a newbie he'd probably make mistakes if we was scum, or try to stay silent.

Morondog - Neutral here, he's kinda trying to get the game going now, but still reluctant so I can't tell.

Tarty - What CL said. Smells scummy to me, or he's just simply bored being Vanilla.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
22-09-2015, 12:27 PM
(22-09-2015 11:52 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  She makes a good point.

Is that all you've got to say?

(22-09-2015 12:03 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Ash, that's normal Aroura play. She accuses everyone to get their reaction.

You say that it's normal Aroura play, not Town Aroura play. Meaning she acts the same either town or scum? To me it reads scum because she's created this sub group that basically just includes everyone. It's padding the content to make it look like more analysis than it really is.
22-09-2015, 12:34 PM
(22-09-2015 10:54 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Aurora - Acting like she always does. Good scum hunting. Though she has proven to look town even when she is scum, it's not fair of me to lean scum on her just because of that. Until further evidence, lean town.

Ash - strong/passionate scum hunting. Seems to be trying really hard and looking at all the details. Seems like a genuine scum hunt. Lean town.

Underground - Her behavior on day one in regards to getting a PR read on someone seemed persistent enough to be real. Lean town.

Losty - Seemed scummy at first with the absence and lack of explanation, seemed town later on when actively scum hunting. Not sure what to think anymore. Neutral.

Commonsensei - Not much to say here. Newbie. Lean neutral.

Morondog - Nothing particularly scummy, but nothing that has given me reason to believe he is town, either. Neutral for now.

Tarty - Is definitely not playing a good town game. He's either scum, or he's just doing his own thing, not really caring much about his win condition.

So you don't have a scum read on anyone? It's either "lean town" "neutral" or in the case of Tartarus no lean listed at all. Don't you find anyone scummy? Surely you have at least two people who are scum. So give me a list of what you think the scum team is. Two players.

And since I'm not going to ask someone to do something I wouldn't be willing to do, right now I'm leaning Aroura and Tartarus as the scum team. Losty is still one of my top suspects, but if Aroura is scum, then I think Losty is more likely town. JMO.
22-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Same question to everyone in fact:

Forced to guess right now, which two players do you think are the scum team?
22-09-2015, 12:41 PM
(22-09-2015 12:37 PM)Ash Wrote:  Same question to everyone in fact:

Forced to guess right now, which two players do you think are the scum team?

Tarty and Aroura.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
22-09-2015, 12:41 PM
(22-09-2015 12:27 PM)Ash Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 11:52 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  She makes a good point.

Is that all you've got to say?

(22-09-2015 12:03 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Ash, that's normal Aroura play. She accuses everyone to get their reaction.

You say that it's normal Aroura play, not Town Aroura play. Meaning she acts the same either town or scum? To me it reads scum because she's created this sub group that basically just includes everyone. It's padding the content to make it look like more analysis than it really is.

Yeah, I've only played with her once while she was scum, and she still seemed exactly the same until someone else revealed her. I know the accusations get frustrating. I've had to defend myself against her maaannnnyyy times lol. But it actually is good for town that she does this.
22-09-2015, 01:05 PM
(22-09-2015 12:08 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 10:57 AM)Aroura Wrote:  Thank you.

I often keep a notebook with the players and notes about them in it, but I'm just kind of winging this game, so I'm not doing well at keeping track of who said what. I guess I need to spend 30 minutes going over the thread and making such notes.

So, for me, it's back to the peopl in the middle of the lynch wagon (opportunistic voting) and people who didn't participate in the lynch wagon (because scum often do this so they can say, see "I" didn't help lynch the townie, that's all on YOU guys.

So based on that (And don't freaking say I'm tunneling), Ash, morondog, tarty and CL are the tops suspects for me today, in no particular order.

I'm not actually sure I've seen Tarty's scum game...don't know MD (Can I call you that, morondog?) or Ash from previous games, but CL did not do any of the things I associate with her being scummy. However, I've only seen her as scum once, and she was a smooth operator.

Also Ash...just reminds of how experienced players know how to look very town while never actually helping town. Ash's play is smart (take this as a compliment!) and looks like he's helping town...without actually helping, and always with clean hands after a lynch.

Tarty is not being totally wacky, but he's sure not helping town. AND his vote was very opportunistic.

morodog, I don't know. Seems to be showing he's getting a grasp of the game.

I think it most likely it is a new player, either morondog or commonsensei, paired with a more experienced player, like Tarty or Ash or CL.

Sow with that, I want to know why CL has been so passive this game (we know, the weekend, but that's no excuse for your lack of scum hunting yesterday), not much scum hunting from her. She wasn't this quiet even in her very first game ever, so (and this is just a pressure vote! Subject to change depending on what is said.)

Vote: Catholic Lady

Aurora, all I can say is I've questioned it myself. I don't know why I am not as enthusiastic about this game as I always am on AF. But I'm just NOT. The only reason I can think of for why is because it just doesn't really feel like "home" yet here. I started playing Mafia on AF after I had been there for a few months and I knew the players and knew the place. This is a new place with a handful of completely new people. I think that may be why I just don't feel as gung ho in this game, along with the fact that it started on a weekend when my husband was home, so I had a late start. Perhaps that, and the fact that I'm looking forward to my very first ungagged game on AF, coming soon. You've seen my scum game before, and it didn't involve being more quiet than usual.

No, I get it, I feel the same way, not sure why. I'm half tempted just to let Ash go ahead na lynch me, and let you guys analyze the wagon.

I'm tired, and I'm not gettting any good reads, it seems.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
22-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Losty, Commonsensei, Morondog, where are you? Smile

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post