Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(22-09-2015 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh, sorry, so L-number refers to the number of people who need to still vote for him to get the rope. OK. I thought it was the number of people who'd voted for him. Makes more sense to do it this way round.

These guys from AF are the professionals, silly Tongue
I had never heard of the terms L-x, scum hunting, lean scum/town and hammer vote before.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
22-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Yes, L-2 means that a player needs to more votes to be lynched.

Is there anyone who thinks Tartaraus is town?
22-09-2015, 02:35 PM
(22-09-2015 02:10 PM)Ash Wrote:  Tartarus is at L-2.

I hoped he would come in and 'step up his game' as promised without any pressure. It concerns me that he did not. It's easy to say you're going to step up your game, and then not follow through.

I still intend to, but you'll have to wait on it some more. If you're too impatient for that feel free to lynch me. I'd consider that a foolish move though since there's no rush due to the 48 hour limit and you'd be potentially robbing yourselves of a townie's analysis of the game so far, but by all means be my guest.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-09-2015, 02:41 PM
CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Tartarus Sauce - 3 [morondog, Catholic_Lady, Undergroundp]
Aroura - 1 [Ash]
Catholic_Lady - 1 [Aroura]

Five votes are required to lynch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-09-2015, 02:53 PM
1st Vote list.
Dark Light - 6 [Mathilda, Aroura, Losty, Catholic_Lady, Tartarus Sauce, undergroundp]
Losty - 2 [Dark Light, Commonsensei]
undergroundp - 1 [morondog]
Aroura - 1 [Ash]

New Vote list.
Tartarus Sauce - 3 [morondog, Catholic_Lady, Undergroundp]
Aroura - 1 [Ash]
Catholic_Lady - 1 [Aroura]

Ash is also gunning it for Aroura. Must be some sort of fued.

But Tartar also brings up a good point. It's early.

Sadcryface2 Why must his be so hard.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
22-09-2015, 03:01 PM
(22-09-2015 02:35 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I still intend to, but you'll have to wait on it some more. If you're too impatient for that feel free to lynch me. I'd consider that a foolish move though since there's no rush due to the 48 hour limit and you'd be potentially robbing yourselves of a townie's analysis of the game so far, but by all means be my guest.

It's too late for you to 'step up your game' without any pressure. Being at L-2 would certainly qualify as pressure.

Still waiting to hear if anyone thinks you are town. That should be telling in many ways.
22-09-2015, 03:05 PM
(22-09-2015 03:01 PM)Ash Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 02:35 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I still intend to, but you'll have to wait on it some more. If you're too impatient for that feel free to lynch me. I'd consider that a foolish move though since there's no rush due to the 48 hour limit and you'd be potentially robbing yourselves of a townie's analysis of the game so far, but by all means be my guest.

It's too late for you to 'step up your game' without any pressure. Being at L-2 would certainly qualify as pressure.

Still waiting to hear if anyone thinks you are town. That should be telling in many ways.

Oh that's cute, you think the votes against me make me feel pressured. I think my post made it clear they haven't changed my schedule of when I'm planning to contribute.

You really don't know who you're dealing with. Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-09-2015, 03:08 PM
I think Tartarus is likely town. Not because he's been playing pro town but just because he's been playing pro buttface. I think he's more likely to play pro buttface when he's town.

Ugh I think Commonsensie would be a good choice for a lynch. Or possible morondog. Again. I'll post more when I'm not super busy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
22-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Unvote

Can't bold on my mobile, but just so CL knows I am removing the pressure vote.

I also think Tarty is most likely town. Morondog is a possibility as scum. commonsensei too, but I don't think its both of them, and I have a feeling he's town.

However, I have learned the hard way not to assume new people wouldn't figure the game out and do well as mafia (I'm looking at you CL), so that's possible.

Something about Underground is still bothering me. The hammer vote is one thing, but also her responses. Whoopsie to hammering the doctor?

I don't know, but my current list is:

Morongog...lean slightly scum
Underground, lean slightly scum
Ash, driving me up a wall. I want to bet $10 he's scum, but I can't point to anything more concrete than his super defensiveness with only one vote on him, and his voting confused me.
Good player, I can tell, one if those that is hard to pin when scum, plays hard as town.
Losty, neutral to town. I think I'm afraid of lynching a good player here, plus relying on Mathildas reads before she was killed.
Commonsensei, lean town, as he's not terribly active. I've heard lynch lurkers, but to this day I've never seen an absent scum (well, once, and it wrecked the game), even new people. His partner would be begging him to post more.
CL, lean town now that I've seen her defense.
Tarty, lean crazy, with love. Lynchbaiting a bit, probably town.

Am I missing anyone? Really, I should have made notes.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
22-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Oh, so my current top 2 are underground and morondog, with Ash a tight 3rd.

Ash might be gunning for me because I've been onto him from the get go? But that could be a town reaction, too. Well...actually if he's just a vanilla townie, I expect some fight back, but not the vote for me and stick by it. Ugh, I don't know.

If I could figure out which tags to use, I would place a vote on underground, I think. I will have to wait until I get home. Plus niw I'm super curious what Tarty has to say she he finally gets around to it.

@Losty, are you ever going to forgive me for Lost? <3 you.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post