Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 03:14 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
Someone needs to be lynched. Tarty may be stalling to avoid getting lynched. The way I see it, he won't get lynched this way. If Aroura and Tarty are mafia it makes sense that he hasn't voted for anyone and Aroura is conveniently away right now.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Tarty give me something so I don't have to change my vote please sir.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
23-09-2015, 03:48 PM
(23-09-2015 03:30 PM)Losty Wrote:  Tarty give me something so I don't have to change my vote please sir.

He probably won't. We're counting on you Losty. Make sure you change your vote before the shift if he doesn't reply soon.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
23-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Deadline is soon. I'm about to go to bed so I'm leaving my vote on Tarty.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Well fuck me I did not leave myself enough time to analyze the thread nearly as much as I wanted to. Anyway, I sincerely apologize for holding up the game this long, it was not my intention to put it off this late, but it's what ended up happening.

First of all, UGP, I believe I know which post you are referring to, and I agree that it seems to almost be a giveaway that the person is not a vanilla role, and are likely either the mafia hooker or town cop. You are also my strongest town lean because mafia wouldn't even consider putting themselves out there like that only to shy away from giving straight answers, they tend to avoid deliberately setting themselves up to appear dodgy the best they can, so I believe you to be town.

You're also my only strong town lean other than the player whom I won't be identifying that you have also picked up on (although as I said they might be the mafia hooker) because this is a rather difficult game to analyze due to the number of hard to read players. Aroura, Losty and Catholic Lady never particularly ping my scumdar early in the game, Ash is new to TTA but not mafia so I haven't had experience with his usual playing style, and morondog and Commonsensei are complete nubs. Losty, Aroura, and Cathy are all town leans for now but who knows what to make of that? They appear town even when they are scum. Commonsensei has been playing an extremely nubby game and I would ping him for scum if it weren't for his inexperience, arguments can be made for him being both town and mafia, Morondog I don't have a fucking clue.

Ash was more concerning earlier though he has since come across as more town. He was very aggressive in his accusations and tended to accuse those specifically that attacked him, while only prodding those who appeared somewhat scummy but weren't directing any accusations his way. He seemed more concerned with painting people as scum rather than actually finding who scum is, but later he began to back off and changed his mind on people, even managed to post a reads list of people he didn't just think were flat out scum. Plus, despite his statement that scum vote for whoever they want, I've found that they often have to be very precise and cowardly in their voting since voting trends provide lots of information that indicates alignment. He hasn't been cowardly, he hasn't even voted for somebody that has had a wagon on them, this makes me more inclined to believe he is town.

But that Mathilda was the one who was offed during the night, and that the mafia took practically no time deciding on this is rather illuminating. They would have to be experienced to recognize she was the best option to take out and likely had experience with her over at AF. This leads me to believe that out of Cathy, Losty, and Aroura, at least one of them is mafia. It might be one experienced mafia member with either morondog or commonsensei tacked on, or it might be two verteran mafia players, but I'm fairly certain at least one of them is mafia.

Honestly, I don't know what to do, I've held this game up for too long for a significant revelation to occur that would solidify our lynch on somebody other than me. Mafia already knows what the score is in terms of roles and know whether or not there is a cop and we haven't gotten any closer to pinpointing a scum target. It might just be better to lynch me so my reads are proven as genuinely townie and then the info from today's voting can be analyzed in conjunction with yesterday's, but then a scum must be lynched tomorrow if town wants even the possibility of winning.

I leave it up to you guys.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
23-09-2015, 04:01 PM
(23-09-2015 03:55 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well fuck me I did not leave myself enough time to analyze the thread nearly as much as I wanted to. Anyway, I sincerely apologize for holding up the game this long, it was not my intention to put it off this late, but it's what ended up happening.

First of all, UGP, I believe I know which post you are referring to, and I agree that it seems to almost be a giveaway that the person is not a vanilla role, and are likely either the mafia hooker or town cop. You are also my strongest town lean because mafia wouldn't even consider putting themselves out there like that only to shy away from giving straight answers, they tend to avoid deliberately setting themselves up to appear dodgy the best they can, so I believe you to be town.

You're also my only strong town lean other than the player whom I won't be identifying that you have also picked up on (although as I said they might be the mafia hooker) because this is a rather difficult game to analyze due to the number of hard to read players. Aroura, Losty and Catholic Lady never particularly ping my scumdar early in the game, Ash is new to TTA but not mafia so I haven't had experience with his usual playing style, and morondog and Commonsensei are complete nubs. Losty, Aroura, and Cathy are all town leans for now but who knows what to make of that? They appear town even when they are scum. Commonsensei has been playing an extremely nubby game and I would ping him for scum if it weren't for his inexperience, arguments can be made for him being both town and mafia, Morondog I don't have a fucking clue.

Ash was more concerning earlier though he has since come across as more town. He was very aggressive in his accusations and tended to accuse those specifically that attacked him, while only prodding those who appeared somewhat scummy but weren't directing any accusations his way. He seemed more concerned with painting people as scum rather than actually finding who scum is, but later he began to back off and changed his mind on people, even managed to post a reads list of people he didn't just think were flat out scum. Plus, despite his statement that scum vote for whoever they want, I've found that they often have to be very precise and cowardly in their voting since voting trends provide lots of information that indicates alignment. He hasn't been cowardly, he hasn't even voted for somebody that has had a wagon on them, this makes me more inclined to believe he is town.

But that Mathilda was the one who was offed during the night, and that the mafia took practically no time deciding on this is rather illuminating. They would have to be experienced to recognize she was the best option to take out and likely had experience with her over at AF. This leads me to believe that out of Cathy, Losty, and Aroura, at least one of them is mafia. It might be one experienced mafia member with either morondog or commonsensei tacked on, or it might be two verteran mafia players, but I'm fairly certain at least one of them is mafia.

Honestly, I don't know what to do, I've held this game up for too long for a significant revelation to occur that would solidify our lynch on somebody other than me. Mafia already knows what the score is in terms of roles and know whether or not there is a cop and we haven't gotten any closer to pinpointing a scum target. It might just be better to lynch me so my reads are proven as genuinely townie and then the info from today's voting can be analyzed in conjunction with yesterday's, but then a scum must be lynched tomorrow if town wants even the possibility of winning.

And you needed to wait until an hour before the phase ended? Dodgy

How are we supposed to change our votes when most of the people are not even online right now? I'd gladly change to Aroura because she seems the scummiest after you, but you've been absent for most of the game only to try and defend yourself one hour before the end when we can't really change our votes. You're weird Tarty, and I don't know what to do Dodgy

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
23-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Well well look who's online now Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
23-09-2015, 04:03 PM
(23-09-2015 04:01 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 03:55 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well fuck me I did not leave myself enough time to analyze the thread nearly as much as I wanted to. Anyway, I sincerely apologize for holding up the game this long, it was not my intention to put it off this late, but it's what ended up happening.

And you needed to wait until an hour before the phase ended? Dodgy

How are we supposed to change our votes when most of the people are not even online right now? I'd gladly change to Aroura because she seems the scummiest after you, but you've been absent for most of the game only to try and defend yourself one hour before the end when we can't really change our votes. You're weird Tarty, and I don't know what to do Dodgy

I know, I have terrible procrastination habits. I've been a bad Tarty, I'm sorry.

[Image: giphy.gif]
23-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Morondog's gone, Catholic Lady isn't here, so we're six people trying to get five votes on one person. Awesome Dodgy

-Guybrush Threepwood-
23-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Shit, now what do I do Sad Tart's making sense and I don't got no time to join in on lynching anyone else. Still don't know if I should trust him though... I just leave things as they are. It's past midnight here. Too late for me to be analysing shit. Youse guys figure it out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.