Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
I'm going to sleep too, so I'd better decide tomorrow.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 08:18 PM
How dumb do I look? Kill someone at night I was pushing against for days? Pfft. If I was mafia, I would not be that damn stupid and she knows it.

This is a set up, pure and simple. It has got to be Losty.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
24-09-2015, 08:24 PM
CL seems to have forgotten this game entirely, Hal the players have.

Honest truth, I was so busy with another mafia game, one that really was giving me that twist the knife, can't stop thinking about it feeling, I also forgot this one until now.

However, I am not a quitter, so I will try and finish this one and not just let town lynch me and lose without a fight. I detest it when people sign up for something and then vanish, its not cool.

My guess is Losty, but that could be defensiveness talking. I will look it over and post again before bed.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
24-09-2015, 10:41 PM
I think losty is just being defensive. I still think townie. Time will tell. Maybe he's a cop? And has been saving up to spring on the Scum. There's no real way of knowing till we're knocked off. I'm sure who ever is Scum is getting their jollies.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Who has forgotten the game? No one. The phase is 48 hours long and half the players went to bed as soon as it started.

I'm not going to quit a game I signed up for but don't know how the hell to figure out who is what in a gagged game with no power roles. The entire game is just everyone sitting around like hmm I wonder who the bad guy is. In my experience, clever mafia are clever enough to do something mafia isn't likely to do and get away with it.

My read is useless. 2 of you guys are scum. That's all I know. Ugh :/

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
24-09-2015, 10:47 PM
(24-09-2015 10:41 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I think losty is just being defensive. I still think townie. Time will tell. Maybe he's a cop? And has been saving up to spring on the Scum. There's no real way of knowing till we're knocked off. I'm sure who ever is Scum is getting their jollies.

I'm not a cop, I'm a vanilla townie. With only 2 mafia in a game if I was a cop we would likely have won by now.

I don't know who to vote for. We have to get the right guy or gal this time or we lose.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-09-2015, 12:37 AM
(24-09-2015 10:43 PM)Losty Wrote:  Who has forgotten the game? No one. The phase is 48 hours long and half the players went to bed as soon as it started.

I'm not going to quit a game I signed up for but don't know how the hell to figure out who is what in a gagged game with no power roles. The entire game is just everyone sitting around like hmm I wonder who the bad guy is. In my experience, clever mafia are clever enough to do something mafia isn't likely to do and get away with it.

My read is useless. 2 of you guys are scum. That's all I know. Ugh :/

I'd be interested to see the difference if we played an ungagged game. I don't quite understand what would *be* different though - I guess people could message each other and play a few more mind games?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-09-2015, 02:32 AM
(24-09-2015 08:18 PM)Aroura Wrote:  How dumb do I look? Kill someone at night I was pushing against for days? Pfft. If I was mafia, I would not be that damn stupid and she knows it.

This is a set up, pure and simple. It has got to be Losty.

Or, you could be Mafia and kill him just so you can say this and appear innocent. I suspect you more than Losty. You and CL. Very convenient disappearance, as it gives you the chance to call her out on it and appear even more innocent yourself.

By the way, the little clue I had in the beginning of the game was for Commonsensei. Yeah, I obviously can say it now.

I got my role pm at 10:44, and at 11:46 (after we all had probably received our roles) he says
(19-09-2015 02:46 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Do we tell our roles or keep them secret?

Well, if he was Mafia, it would be really silly to say that, even for a newbie. I still think he's a townie, or he really sucks at his first Mafia game Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
25-09-2015, 03:19 AM
(25-09-2015 02:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well, if he was Mafia, it would be really silly to say that, even for a newbie. I still think he's a townie, or he really sucks at his first Mafia game Tongue

Or he could be quite bright by playing a risky move like that to make himself appear more town?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-09-2015, 03:28 AM
(25-09-2015 03:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Or he could be quite bright by playing a risky move like that to make himself appear more town?

Well, that's possible too, yeah.
I thought about it but, I don't know, that's too bright for a newbie Tongue Except if he's been pretending to be one and he's not Gasp

Ugh, I don't know. Doesn't it sound rather impossible? I mean, the possibility of him being scum and fucking up is much more probable.

-Guybrush Threepwood-