Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
It's easy to lynch people who aren't here to defend themselves....has CL posted?

Sorry, I really have had a busy few days. I will try my hardest to catch up on the thread, and post my thoughts within the hour.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 10:35 PM
I think lynching CL would be a waste.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
25-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Tarty said it had to be me, Aroura, or CL. I know it's not me. It can't be both ugp and morondog (though it could be one or the other) that leaves Commonsensie Aroura and CL. Of the 3 CL has been absent and Commonsensie is newb. So unless anyone else has something I'm probably going to vote Aroura.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
26-09-2015, 01:20 AM
It's not me. Do we have enough to mislynch one more time?

Well, since I know it's not me, it must commonsensei and...Losty? I don't even know where CL is.

I haven't the faintest clue who it is though. I really can't get into this game. Losty ought to know that when I'm scum, I play HARD. Am I playing hard Losty? STrike you as my scum game....really?

I don't want to be one of those players that tanks town with their absence, but I'm just not finding this game compelling. I've got no leads. It's really wierd. Normally Mafia makes me like....I can't stop thinking about it.

If you cannot mislynch, I can promise I WILL flip town, and I am a mislynch.

Based on other people's reads, I guess I

vote lynch commonesensei

I hope Tarty is right, and I'm not letting Losty off the hook too easily. But I think she is honestly town trying to find scum, from reading her posts through the game.

I'll check back in tomorrow. Off to bed I go.

~Man in Black
26-09-2015, 01:22 AM
Have I not been absent, as well? I didn't even get back on this site for over 24 hours. How could I have even sent in a night action? I don't even know when the phases change in this game, turns out 48 hours is just too long to hold my gnat like attention span, I think.

Just, think it through before you vote, people.

Good luck town.

~Man in Black
26-09-2015, 01:31 AM
Ok so far every single person I have thought might be scum turned out town, so I am going to vote for the one I consider least likely to be scum. Perhaps I'll get lucky.

vote: lynch morondog

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
26-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Ugh. What now? Everyone's deciding to vote different people.

Now I realize though that morondog was never suspected by any of us and I wonder why. He hasn't given us any reason why he's town.

I still want to vote Aroura because we can't really check if she was online during the night phase or not anymore so she could be lying.

Can we at least agree on one person? I'm not sure Commonsensei is townie anymore but I'd choose him last. My list from scummiest to least scummy:

Aroura
CL
Losty
Morondog
Commonsensei

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-09-2015, 04:22 AM
I don't like when people make promises in this game, but since Aroura did make a promise...I don't feel comfortable lynching her. We can't mislynch now, it's either lynch scum or lose. So far every single read I've had in this game has been wrong so unless someone has a really good reason I still think morondog is the right choice.

26-09-2015, 04:59 AM
(26-09-2015 04:22 AM)Losty Wrote:  I don't like when people make promises in this game, but since Aroura did make a promise...I don't feel comfortable lynching her. We can't mislynch now, it's either lynch scum or lose. So far every single read I've had in this game has been wrong so unless someone has a really good reason I still think morondog is the right choice.

Um... that's kinda interesting reasoning Tongue As you pointed out, if we make a wrong choice then we're stuffed, so let's maybe put a bit more thought into it than just "I've been wrong so far, so now I'm gonna go with the opposite of what I think and that must be right"... It's... I dunno. It just strikes me as helluva crazy for such a crucial vote. I rather you post a read list.

My read list is as follows:
Losty / Aroura
CommonSensei
Catholic Lady
undergroundp

I can't tell if Losty or Aroura is the scum, but I'll go bail that there's one scum in there somewhere.

CommonSensei's last few posts have made me feel he's scummy. Also I suspect he could be working together with Losty, since he explicitly mentioned in his post as to how Losty had suspected him and if she was mafia he would be dead by now. That's not logical. I think mafia would kill based on who they thought would ferret them out - Mathilda and Ash both got hit. CommonSensei, if he's town, is a newbie who wouldn't be high on the kill list.

Catholic Lady's not around which makes it super frustrating, but I think her posts haven't been particularly suspicious, and anyway it seems unlikely that anyone's gonna lynch her while she's away, so effectively I ignore her.

undergroundp is... I don't know how the hell she's survived this long after all the sorta half-scummy stuff she's posted, but that makes me feel she's town. She's kinda a n00b - although she has said that she's played gagged games before - and I don't think a n00b would play such a risky strategy.

As long as we get one mafia it doesn't matter which we lynch, 'cos we'll still be in the game with a good chance. I'm not sure about Losty but I'm suspicious of CommonSensei, so

I vote CommonSensei.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-09-2015, 05:02 AM
Um. By the way, how many votes are required to lynch this time? Let's not hammer 'til we're sure.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.