Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 05:52 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(28-09-2015 05:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 05:03 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  There might not even be a cop anyway.

I'd forgotten that. IIRC CS only declared he was the cop when he was really under pressure, so maybe it was a last-ditch move to try and survive, and he just got lucky that there's no cop in the game, which meant that no one would challenge him?

Yeah, that's what I thought. But it seems his plan failed when he decided to kill Losty. What I can't get out of my mind though is that Aroura was almost insisting we don't lynch CL.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 06:12 AM
I think we just gotta go with our hunch on who's the most suspicious right now. We've not got a lot to go on, *everyone* including me has acted suspiciously at some point... I think we've gotta take our best guess.

From my POV CS is the one. Just this whole cop business has too much of a stench to it. Aroura could well have been in good faith when she defended him. Also, CS said that Aroura was innocent. If Aroura were scum and CS was the cop then CS would have found her guilty. If CS is scum then he *knows* that declaring any one of us innocent is perfectly true, and will add credence to the belief that he is the cop, because the person he chooses will know for sure that he got a "correct" reading, which is again confirmed by Losty's alignment being revealed as town after she was killed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-09-2015, 06:20 AM
(28-09-2015 06:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think we just gotta go with our hunch on who's the most suspicious right now. We've not got a lot to go on, *everyone* including me has acted suspiciously at some point... I think we've gotta take our best guess.

From my POV CS is the one. Just this whole cop business has too much of a stench to it. Aroura could well have been in good faith when she defended him. Also, CS said that Aroura was innocent. If Aroura were scum and CS was the cop then CS would have found her guilty. If CS is scum then he *knows* that declaring any one of us innocent is perfectly true, and will add credence to the belief that he is the cop, because the person he chooses will know for sure that he got a "correct" reading, which is again confirmed by Losty's alignment being revealed as town after she was killed.

You're right.
We need three votes right? I'll start Tongue

Vote: Lynch Commonsensei

-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-09-2015, 06:21 AM
Sorry, I misread your post. Aroura was defending Catholic Lady? I wasn't too keen to lynch her either, if you recall... I think that was probably all in good faith. Well, anyway, my reasoning about CS still stands - if Aroura were scum then ol' good-cop CommonSensei woulda sniffed her out. But if CS is scum then him reading Aroura as town just further adds credence to his cop cover.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-09-2015, 06:22 AM
(28-09-2015 06:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry, I misread your post. Aroura was defending Catholic Lady? I wasn't too keen to lynch her either, if you recall... I think that was probably all in good faith. Well, anyway, my reasoning about CS still stands - if Aroura were scum then ol' good-cop CommonSensei woulda sniffed her out. But if CS is scum then him reading Aroura as town just further adds credence to his cop cover.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's ok. CS still looks scummier anyway.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
28-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Bring on the pitchforks Tongue

28-09-2015, 06:23 AM
I already voted for CS before, but just to make sure Unbeliever sees it, I also

Vote CommonSensei

28-09-2015, 09:22 AM
I am not the cop, and morondog has convinced someone to lynch the claimed cop??? Um no. nice defense scummy scum scum.

Commonsensei is telling the truth.

Vote: Lynch Morondog.

Come on Ugp, Losty thought it was her, Tarty thought it was her, Commonsensaie says it's not me, and I'm sure you know it's not you...It's morondog. Lynch the scum, NOT the cop!!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
28-09-2015, 09:26 AM
(28-09-2015 06:22 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 06:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sorry, I misread your post. Aroura was defending Catholic Lady? I wasn't too keen to lynch her either, if you recall... I think that was probably all in good faith. Well, anyway, my reasoning about CS still stands - if Aroura were scum then ol' good-cop CommonSensei woulda sniffed her out. But if CS is scum then him reading Aroura as town just further adds credence to his cop cover.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's ok. CS still looks scummier anyway.

At THIS stage in the game, a scum claiming cop would have claimed to find a scum...because scum only need one mislynch to win.

This is silly, and commonsensei is not retarded. He would have said he found me scum if he was scum, since everyone was already worried about me. Then, bam, town loses. The end. But he didn't, he foud another town, which means he IS the cop, and not scum.

Come on Ugp. It's gotta be you or morondog. Don't make me start doubting you.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
28-09-2015, 09:47 AM
(28-09-2015 09:22 AM)Aroura Wrote:  Come on Ugp, Losty thought it was her, Tarty thought it was her, Commonsensaie says it's not me, and I'm sure you know it's not you...It's morondog. Lynch the scum, NOT the cop!!

Morondog is a guy Blush

(28-09-2015 09:26 AM)Aroura Wrote:  At THIS stage in the game, a scum claiming cop would have claimed to find a scum...because scum only need one mislynch to win.

This is silly, and commonsensei is not retarded. He would have said he found me scum if he was scum, since everyone was already worried about me. Then, bam, town loses. The end. But he didn't, he foud another town, which means he IS the cop, and not scum.

Come on Ugp. It's gotta be you or morondog. Don't make me start doubting you.

Well, if he said you were scum, you would have tried to defend yourself and his plan wouldn't have worked so smoothly. Is it just a coincidence that after he said Losty is townie Losty died?

Ugh, I don't know. If he really is the cop, why didn't morondog kill him? Why risk getting investigated at night? It doesn't make sense.

-Guybrush Threepwood-