Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
Im here and am caught up. In my opinion, there's always going to be vote on the first half of the first day lol. I personally don't use that as a way to measure scumminess on day 1.

Obviously its way too early for an reads. At least for me it is. This seems much quieter than the AF games though. Aurora/Mathilda, is this normal of tta games?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah, and it is day 1, as I said above. That means mandatory CL smilie time:

[Image: 2gwb921.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Catholic_Lady's post
20-09-2015, 09:56 AM
For anyone who is interested:

http://www.pic4ever.com/index-2.php

...These are da bomb.
[+] 2 users Like Catholic_Lady's post
20-09-2015, 09:58 AM
(20-09-2015 09:55 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Im here and am caught up. In my opinion, there's always going to be vote on the first half of the first day lol. I personally don't use that as a way to measure scumminess on day 1.

Obviously its way too early for an reads. At least for me it is. This seems much quieter than the AF games though. Aurora/Mathilda, is this normal of tta games?

Shoooooot! Where I said "there's always going to be vote on the first day", I meant to say there's always going to be FLUFF on the first day." Ugh.
20-09-2015, 10:09 AM
This is quieter than I'm used to. Though it is an open setup, meaning nobody is going to come in and fakeclaim miller as a townie/vanilla.
20-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Well it seems like most ppl here are used to ungagged games where it's obviously going to be quieter on the forums. I've never played an ungagged game.
20-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Yeah, it's usually only this quiet when it's an ungagged game and everybody is talking on Skype, but most of the usual TTA players from before aren't even participating, so I don't know what's going on.

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-09-2015, 10:27 AM
I've never played an ungagged game either. Or an open setup for that matter. I've played several games, but they were all closed setups and 'gagged' (never even heard of an ungagged game)

Top suspect right now is Mathilda just for going after Aruora, and then backing off pretty fast. Not enough for me to place a vote yet.
20-09-2015, 10:29 AM
(20-09-2015 10:14 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Well it seems like most ppl here are used to ungagged games where it's obviously going to be quieter on the forums. I've never played an ungagged game.

Yes, I thought this might be the case. Since this is taking such a long while to get started, I'm actually going to break moderator silence and try to get things moving here.

To those who have only played ungagged games before: this is a very different game from what you are used to, and sitting around silent is going to be both very boring and very bad for your team, whichever side you are on.

In most ungagged games, the game devolves to sitting around waiting for the Cop or another similar town power role to come up with a result. That may not even be an option here. There may not be a Cop at all, and even if there were, they could not come forward with a guilty result without putting a giant target on their backs.

In gagged games, town power roles are supplemental. They can help the town win, but they have to be careful about it. As such, the game places a much larger burden on the normal townies.

You have no information. You may not have a Cop present to find that information for you, and even if there is a Cop, they may never find anything. You must talk amongst yourselves and work out the identities of the Mafia members through interrogation and intuition. If necessary, you should be willing to sacrifice your life to get more information for the rest of your allies.

Day One is often the hardest part of the game for the town. Getting past it is one of the most important things that you can do. The worst thing that can happen on Day One is nothing, because that takes you into Day Two with absolutely nothing to go on.

Get aggressive. Get crazy. Start bandwagons for any stupid reason you can find, or no reason at all. Yell at people. Shake every tree within reach and see what falls out. Point out every stupid little behavior pattern you spot in another player and tell them they're obviously scum for it. And when a townie is inevitably lynched for something he said being misinterpreted, salute him as the one who gave his life so that the rest of you might be able to better investigate things tomorrow.

One of you is going to die.

Try to do so in a way that leaves your allies with some information to work with.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
20-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Do you guys tend to lynch on day 1 here? We always do over at AF and it seems to work best because it gives us information.