Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(28-09-2015 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Also finding you (Aroura) to be scum would be risky for him when he's got a target (me) who almost got lynched the previous round. Say he does announce that you're scum, now he's gotta convince both me and undergroundp to vote for you, but he's never cast suspicion on you before. You yourself were arguing very nicely that I was mafia, so he leaves you alone, finds you innocent, casts his vote for me and now he's only got one person he needs to convince to make a lynch.
Then he could easily announced that YOU are scum. Everyone would be happy to lynch you.
I just don't buy the false cop claim. It's SUPER risky, considering that cop is very possible in the set-ups. I just don't see it.

Why are you so sure it is him, and not UGP? She had a very...scummy...reaction to CL's death. I don't know, but if CS, a total newbie at this game with his scummy partner MIA, apparently ditching him, pulls that claim out of his ass and does so even slightly convincingly, then he deserves to win. That's some balls. The risk of a the real cop counterclaiming is to high. Ugp danced around being a PR, I haven't been terribly talkative...it's just so ballsy.

If I'm wrong, I am sincerely sorry, but even so, my vote stands.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
29-09-2015, 12:34 AM
Sorry for the double post.

~Man in Black
29-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Like I said, I think he thought it'd be too risky to *both* kill Losty *and* announce that I was scum. Here's what I think the thought-process was:

Kill Losty - then everyone thinks I'm the cop 'cos I said she was town and now it's proven.
Announce Morondog is the scum - everyone lynches the dog. BUT. Maybe someone gets suspicious Ohmy If they do, then it's bad news. Losty's death *and* my pushing for the Dog to be lynched would definitely put me at risk of being exposed as a false cop.
If instead I announce that Aroura's innocent then she becomes my ally, and I can still push for the Dog to be lynched and the risk of being exposed as false cop is much less.

Also, CS only announced that he was the cop when I (IIRC) made a decent case for him being scum - IOW, I think he only risked it when his back was already against the wall, and got lucky 'cos there is no cop in the game. Sure it's a risky move, but there's a huge pay-off as well. Players trust the cop.

Regarding undergroundp, she's cleared by CS's own logic. She had the opportunity to win the game as mafia already and didn't take it - when both you and CommonSensei had voted for me, if she'd voted for me she'd have won the game already, if she was mafia. The fact that she didn't proves that she is town.

And regarding you, if you *are* mafia, then CS *is* the cop. But CS allegedly found you innocent, so you can't be mafia.

So I know for certain that both you and undergroundp are town. Since I myself am town I also know for certain that CS is mafia, but the problem is convincing you guys.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-09-2015, 12:46 AM
(29-09-2015 12:34 AM)Aroura Wrote:  Sorry for the double post.

Buuuuuuuuurn her!!!

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-09-2015, 01:01 AM
PS: Balls be damned. We can admire them *after* we've lynched him Angry

29-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Undergroundp where are you?!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-09-2015, 08:51 AM
(29-09-2015 08:16 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Undergroundp where are you?!

Sleeping? Tongue

I'll check out your posts later, it's lunch time now!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
29-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Guys guys guys, wait.

It's not up to me. The choice here is either to lynch morondog or let the Mafia win. You're basically forcing me to kill him or lose. What do you expect me to do? Morondog makes the most sense in here right now.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
29-09-2015, 11:51 AM
(29-09-2015 10:04 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Guys guys guys, wait.

It's not up to me. The choice here is either to lynch morondog or let the Mafia win. You're basically forcing me to kill him or lose. What do you expect me to do? Morondog makes the most sense in here right now.

Wait, the way you phrased that is lyncing morondog OR let mafia win? So lynching morondog would make mafia lose.

I think I will be unable to convince you, so I'm just done.

unvote

Vote Commonsensei

GG scum

~Man in Black
29-09-2015, 11:51 AM
This game was painful. Can someone get whoever it is in here to flip it and end it please? yuck

~Man in Black