Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
Unfortunately, fits of insanity are still part of the game. They are, in many ways, actually central to it.

Commonsensei, Cop, has been lynched.

With no Doctor to stop a Mafia Nightkill, this means that the town has lost the majority and it is no longer possible to lynch a Mafia player.

Mafia wins!

morondog survived as a Mafia Goon.

I will have some further thoughts on the game in a bit, but I have to drive home first. Posting from phone here.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2015, 01:24 PM
(29-09-2015 01:18 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 01:12 PM)Aroura Wrote:  And yes, I'm totally certain that morondog is the scum, but UGP won't listen about how claiming cop is too risky to be a scum move.

If you don't want to vote, UGP, you are STILL killing town. Pick who you beleive.

Or, like, I'm doing what I think makes sense. If Commonsensei isn't Mafia, he's the worst cop I've ever seen (no offence CS Tongue )

If you think that I'm responsible for this, then fine.

If I'm allowed too,
Unvote
Vote: Lynch Morondog

Worst cop ever?

[Image: california-cop-who-pepper-sprayed-studen...damage.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Do we get a recount?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-09-2015, 01:27 PM
People changed their votes. Was it to late?

29-09-2015, 01:28 PM
(29-09-2015 01:23 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Unfortunately, fits of insanity are still part of the game. They are, in many ways, actually central to it.

Oh, I know, I've had many in other games. But they were fun.

(29-09-2015 01:24 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Worst cop ever?

Sorry, just being honest Rolleyes Suspecting Morondog and investigating Aroura? Yah, ok Rolleyes
Was it a coincidence that what he said was exactly what I thought? You made yourself look scummy and that's a fact. But don't worry, you'll learn Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
29-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Well shit.

29-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Oh, and let me remind you all that I was the one who lynched Commonsensei first, but the hammer vote was Aroura's. I was willing to change my vote if we discussed it a bit. But, she changed her vote while I was absent. I couldn't do anything.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
29-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Yeah, gg guys. @commonsensai, I am really sorry. I don't know why I just gave up. Frustration. NEVER lynched a claimed cop with no counterclaim. I had made my argument, but Ugp made it clear she was willing to make this game go another night rather than lynch someone.

I am VERY sorry that half the players missed out on the game, and this game was just so....hard for most of us to get into.

I hope to try again, but I discovered Ireally just don't have enough in me for more than one game at a time. I kept forgetting about this game, and when I got here, I coulnd't make myself care enough to read backthrough the thread, make good arguments, etc. It is most unlike me as a mafia player. I'm sorry.

Commonsensai, you were not a bad cop at all. It was my fault and no one elses at the end that town lost. GG morondog. And everyone else (if any of the dead people even come back and see what happened). Sad

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
29-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Good game, guys.

Someone should have pointed out that there was a roleblocker and a doctor, and the only setup with both in the opening post also included a cop. Meaning that Sensei had to be telling the truth, because nobody counter claimed him.

Not sure why underground voted sensei after she was so sure he was town early on. (I picked up on him being the Cop day 1 too. Two posts stood out to me, and I was shocked when I heard that he wasn't blocked night 1, which pretty much confirmed underground)

Town probably would have lost anyway had CL not disappeared. After reading Tartarus's post at the end of day 2, I wanted to push for a CL lynch, but it was already too late. The hammer had come down. Honestly not a fan of games that don't lynch on plurality. It makes town act prematurely rather than give time for things to develop. Just my two cents.

Scum team did well to hide themselves. Morondog was obvious at the end with his arguments against Commonsensei, but aside from that he acted pretty natural.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
29-09-2015, 02:33 PM
(29-09-2015 01:06 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  And games are supposed to be fun, not annoying and frustrating. I don't think I'm ever playing a gagged game again.

(29-09-2015 01:12 PM)Aroura Wrote:  I usually enjoy gaggeed games. IT's just that most people aren't PLAYING this one. Haf the players were absent, including me, for at least part of this game. In the gagged games I play, the threads are at 50 pages in ONE DAY. This game was DOA, sadly.

This was the issue, yes.

The game's failure had nothing to do with its gagged nature, except perhaps that several people decided before it began that they didn't like the idea of a gagged game, and were thus reluctant to participate more than they would have else. That's what the real issue was here: lack of participation on all sides.

A town power role got lynched on Day One due to their lack of participation. If he had posted more often, this may not have happened at all, or may at least have resulted in a role claim rather than a lynching. This further soured moods for everyone involved, as it made the rest of the game feel rather cheap and pointless; the town got its legs cut out from under it at the beginning by something that they had no control over, simply because one person wasn't willing or able to participate in the game.

Many other players posted infrequently, if at all, which resulted in both a lack of a lynch and the removal of a Mafia player during the same day, both of which also felt rather cheap and aggravating, as the players who were active were denied their lynch by simple inactivity, and morondog lost his partner for no real reason.

With everyone else feeling rather soured over the whole thing... yes, this was rather doomed from the start.

That said, I think we've got some interesting things to talk about now that it's over. A few pointers from a neutral party:

Commonsensei, you should have investigated morondog, not Aroura. Always investigate your most suspicious target. As a Cop with no one counter-claiming (that is, no Mafia members stepped up and said "I'm the real cop, lynch that guy!" to sow confusion), your word was law, and if you had simply investigated the player that you said you found most suspicious, you would have won the game. As it was, your odd choice of investigation target gave morondog an opening to play games with Undergroundp's head at the end.

morondog, you were probably going to lose based entirely on Catholic_Lady's disappearance alone, but I do have to give props for the WIFOM attempt you made at the end with trying to cast doubt on Commonsensei's status as the Cop. You had the right idea. It was just a bit awkwardly done. If you aren't going to contest the Cop's claim, kill him; if you aren't going to kill him, then contest the claim immediately, and don't kill him the following Night. Trying to contest a Cop claim is tricky business, but done properly, it can win the game on the spot. You did well.

Everyone, the moment Catholic_Lady flipped as the Hooker, you should have recognized that there was a Cop around somewhere. I'm not sure how many of you caught that, but reviewing the setup possibilities at the beginning of the thread will show you why; if there's a Hooker, there are either both power roles or no power roles.

The real thing to take away from this, though, is that Mafia doesn't work if players aren't participating. It sucks that we had to sit through this game to figure that out, but there you are; don't sign up in future if you don't want to take the time.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post