Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(20-09-2015 10:35 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Do you guys tend to lynch on day 1 here? We always do over at AF and it seems to work best because it gives us information.

As a completely neutral voice on the matter: the town should always at least attempt to lynch on Day One. Not doing so gives you no information to go on during Day Two, and this just leads to a vicious cycle of "we can't lynch because we don't know enough, but we don't know enough because we can't lynch". And the Mafia doesn't mind a lynch on Day One, too, because hey, dead townie. Everybody wins.

Bite the bullet. Lynch a townie.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
20-09-2015, 10:39 AM
(20-09-2015 10:35 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Do you guys tend to lynch on day 1 here? We always do over at AF and it seems to work best because it gives us information.

TTA tradition says no, but this isn't a traditional TTA game with traditional players. I'm all for lynching day one now, AF has changed me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-09-2015, 10:47 AM
I definitely think we should lynch. But people need to start talking. Not much to go on if no one talks.
20-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Won't be around too much today, it's my busy day.

Everyone's next post should be a thought on someone in the game. Someone, anyone. Thoughts on them. If your next post is anything else, I will be voting to lynch you, and I'll convince the rest of the game to do so because you're going to be useless.

Like I said, Mathilda is currently my top suspect just for backing off quickly on the Aruora lynch. There's been a bit of fluff too though, a bit too much for my liking. So I can respect a play for going after a fluffy poster. Though it's incredibly easy for scum to do so.
[+] 2 users Like Ash's post
20-09-2015, 10:59 AM
(20-09-2015 09:55 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Obviously its way too early for an reads. At least for me it is. This seems much quieter than the AF games though. Aurora/Mathilda, is this normal of tta games?

Yeah nothing normally happens at all on the first day but this is an unusual game for TTA because it's gagged and people are still getting the heads around the concept of a Day 1 lynch.

To everyone else:

Statistics show that on average town always do better if they make sure to lynch on day 1, even if they mis-lynch. This is because they start off with no information, and by trying to create a lynch they generate lots of information with regard to who voted for who, who defended themselves, how they did it, who accused each other etc.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
20-09-2015, 11:00 AM
(20-09-2015 10:49 AM)Ash Wrote:  Won't be around too much today, it's my busy day.

Everyone's next post should be a thought on someone in the game. Someone, anyone. Thoughts on them. If your next post is anything else, I will be voting to lynch you, and I'll convince the rest of the game to do so because you're going to be useless.

Like I said, Mathilda is currently my top suspect just for backing off quickly on the Aruora lynch. There's been a bit of fluff too though, a bit too much for my liking. So I can respect a play for going after a fluffy poster. Though it's incredibly easy for scum to do so.

I think Ash has shiny pecs. Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
20-09-2015, 11:02 AM
(20-09-2015 10:27 AM)Ash Wrote:  Top suspect right now is Mathilda just for going after Aruora, and then backing off pretty fast. Not enough for me to place a vote yet.

I'm glad that you are engaging. That was basically just a random vote to prod people. It made me lean town on you because of how you responded to it so it gave me some useful information.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
20-09-2015, 11:03 AM
(20-09-2015 10:39 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

TTA tradition says no, but this isn't a traditional TTA game with traditional players. I'm all for lynching day one now, AF has changed me.

Me too!

One of us! One of us!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-09-2015, 11:04 AM
(20-09-2015 10:49 AM)Ash Wrote:  Won't be around too much today, it's my busy day.

Ok, I'll go. Just to get the ball rolling here, I'm gonna say Losty simply because she has not participated on this thread at all today. She's usually pretty active on these forums in general, so yeah. I dunno. That's all I can contribute for now.
20-09-2015, 11:07 AM
(20-09-2015 11:04 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Ok, I'll go. Just to get the ball rolling here, I'm gonna say Losty simply because she has not participated on this thread at all today. She's usually pretty active on these forums in general, so yeah. I dunno. That's all I can contribute for now.

You should vote for her and get her attention. Then we can try and get lynch wagons going so she needs to respond. We'll be able to see who is opportunistic and who stays on the sidelines egging everybody else on.