Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
(20-09-2015 11:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:04 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Ok, I'll go. Just to get the ball rolling here, I'm gonna say Losty simply because she has not participated on this thread at all today. She's usually pretty active on these forums in general, so yeah. I dunno. That's all I can contribute for now.

You should vote for her and get her attention. Then we can try and get lynch wagons going so she needs to respond. We'll be able to see who is opportunistic and who stays on the sidelines egging everybody else on.

[vote]Losty[/vote]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Catholic_Lady's post
20-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Vote Lynch: Losty
20-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Football is starting so I'll be in and out.

I've never played with anyone here, so I can't really say how active they should be. We should definitely lynch on day 1. Which is why everyone should give their thoughts on another player. Mathilda at the very least is being active/talking and being useful getting people to respond.

If we don't come up with a good lynch, we should just lynch the least active player. Scum tend to be inactive, and not post much. They don't want their thoughts to be analyzed. They want to be careful. Our job is to make them slip up. They won't slip up if they don't post.
20-09-2015, 12:12 PM
(20-09-2015 03:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Vote Aroura

She always looks town even when she's scum. But then she's never scummy even when Mafia. That's the problem. I say we take off and nuke her from orbit. It's the only to be sure.

Ha, I just saw this.
I will take this as a badge of honor Smile, but I really am town. I'm just a vanilla, so if you gotta mislynch someone on day 1 to be sure you haven't got a hidden mafia, I'm not the worst choice for town.

However, if someone says something truly scummy, then that would be a better lynch.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
20-09-2015, 12:15 PM
(20-09-2015 09:55 AM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Im here and am caught up. In my opinion, there's always going to be vote on the first half of the first day lol. I personally don't use that as a way to measure scumminess on day 1.

Obviously its way too early for an reads. At least for me it is. This seems much quieter than the AF games though. Aurora/Mathilda, is this normal of tta games?

This is my first game here, as well, so I've no idea. I'm just answering posts as I read the thread. Should have probably read the whole thread and THEN posted...C'est la vie.

~Man in Black
20-09-2015, 12:26 PM
(20-09-2015 10:49 AM)Ash Wrote:  Won't be around too much today, it's my busy day.

Everyone's next post should be a thought on someone in the game. Someone, anyone. Thoughts on them. If your next post is anything else, I will be voting to lynch you, and I'll convince the rest of the game to do so because you're going to be useless.

Like I said, Mathilda is currently my top suspect just for backing off quickly on the Aruora lynch. There's been a bit of fluff too though, a bit too much for my liking. So I can respect a play for going after a fluffy poster. Though it's incredibly easy for scum to do so.

Haha, then I saw this. See? Should have read the whole thread first, THEN posted....what can I say, I've had a very bad morning.

Anyway, at this point in the thread, I haven't got a good read on anyone. I don't think Mathilda is mafia for trying to lynch me right off, nor for switching to Tarty. But voting for Tarty is like....the thing to do. He always looks scummy, almost always gets voted off early. I've a hard time reading him.

There are a lot of new people here that I don't feel like I've got enough to work with. Morondog, dark light, undergroundp, all are nuls to me so far.

CL seems more serious about scum hunting than usual, it could be a scum tactic to look less fluffy and more town, but people's game play changes slightly over time, so I don't want to freak out over it.

~Man in Black
20-09-2015, 12:37 PM
(20-09-2015 11:00 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think Ash has shiny pecs. Big Grin

See more fluff posting even if Ash does have nice shiny pecs and muscular arms and is posing in an action man style lean with just a hint of a 6-pack at the bottom of the avatar with just the right amount of stubble on his face ... god damn it. Tarty's distracting us!
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
20-09-2015, 12:43 PM
(20-09-2015 07:46 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well. I would tell you why I think that but that would make the Mafia win more easily Tongue

Even what I just said makes them think they know stuff about me. There are no roles to claim so anyone can be anything, there are probably many vanilla players, which makes it even easier for the Mafia and they have the benefit of constructing a plan, while all townie plans are known to them.

But as I said, I'll play and see how this works.

This is a very odd post made by undergroundp. Do you think she is soft claiming as a power role to make it look like she is town? That way we will just move swiftly on so as to not draw the attention of scum.

If she really is a power role then she's made herself a target, but I wouldn't expect this from undergroundp. She's a better player than that. Or she could be WIFOMing (wine in front of me) as a Vanilla Townie to attract the night kill. But the game has only just started and most people aren't even posting in the thread yet,

I'll go for the first option.

Could you elaborate a bit more please underground?

Lynch Undergroundp
20-09-2015, 12:45 PM
(20-09-2015 12:26 PM)Aroura Wrote:  CL seems more serious about scum hunting than usual, it could be a scum tactic to look less fluffy and more town, but people's game play changes slightly over time, so I don't want to freak out over it.

True. Far fewer smilies this time round. She's been getting quite experienced quite quickly. I put it down to her wanting to encourage others to start scumhunting on day 1. I lean town on her.
20-09-2015, 12:47 PM
(20-09-2015 11:12 AM)Ash Wrote:  If we don't come up with a good lynch, we should just lynch the least active player. Scum tend to be inactive, and not post much. They don't want their thoughts to be analyzed. They want to be careful. Our job is to make them slip up. They won't slip up if they don't post.

Normally I would counter that lynching lurkers is a last resort because it doesn't give us any information, but we've got rather a few too many lurkers here at the moment so we may be forced to do this. But I think if we collectively start trying to put pressure on people then we can avoid this.