Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Game Thread
My thoughts.
(and please bear with me, I'm on my dysfunctional phone)

1. We're usually silent on day 1 because no matter who dies, we'll actually have some solid info from night investigations and townie cliques start forming (which is impossible here)

2. What I was trying to say is that I feel someone here is a townie and I would say who and why, but my explanation would make them a target for the Mafia, so I'll keep it to myself until you decide to lynch me or them.

3. Mathilda is usually really active even from day 1 so her eagerness to lynch random people doesn't seem scummy to me. Losty is generally not very active these days so I wouldn't suspect her either for now.

That's all I have for now.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Hey sorry I've been away doing fun stuff Tongue I'll read the thread now Smile Gimme a sec...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-09-2015, 01:25 PM
(20-09-2015 12:26 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Anyway, at this point in the thread, I haven't got a good read on anyone. I don't think Mathilda is mafia for trying to lynch me right off, nor for switching to Tarty. But voting for Tarty is like....the thing to do. He always looks scummy, almost always gets voted off early. I've a hard time reading him.

But I was SUCH a good townie last game, who could possibly think I'd act scummy? Angel

(20-09-2015 12:37 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:00 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think Ash has shiny pecs. Big Grin

See more fluff posting even if Ash does have nice shiny pecs and muscular arms and is posing in an action man style lean with just a hint of a 6-pack at the bottom of the avatar with just the right amount of stubble on his face ... god damn it. Tarty's distracting us!

Don't think it's me that's distracting you at this point. Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
20-09-2015, 01:28 PM
(20-09-2015 01:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  My thoughts.

1. We're usually silent on day 1 because no matter who dies, we'll actually have some solid info from night investigations and townie cliques start forming (which is impossible here)

Correct, it's impossible here which is why we need a day one lynch to generate usable info. We can't assume there's an investigative role either, all the more reason we need activity to work off of.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
20-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(20-09-2015 12:26 PM)Aroura Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 10:49 AM)Ash Wrote:  Won't be around too much today, it's my busy day.

Everyone's next post should be a thought on someone in the game. Someone, anyone. Thoughts on them. If your next post is anything else, I will be voting to lynch you, and I'll convince the rest of the game to do so because you're going to be useless.

Like I said, Mathilda is currently my top suspect just for backing off quickly on the Aruora lynch. There's been a bit of fluff too though, a bit too much for my liking. So I can respect a play for going after a fluffy poster. Though it's incredibly easy for scum to do so.

Haha, then I saw this. See? Should have read the whole thread first, THEN posted....what can I say, I've had a very bad morning.

Anyway, at this point in the thread, I haven't got a good read on anyone. I don't think Mathilda is mafia for trying to lynch me right off, nor for switching to Tarty. But voting for Tarty is like....the thing to do. He always looks scummy, almost always gets voted off early. I've a hard time reading him.

There are a lot of new people here that I don't feel like I've got enough to work with. Morondog, dark light, undergroundp, all are nuls to me so far.

CL seems more serious about scum hunting than usual, it could be a scum tactic to look less fluffy and more town, but people's game play changes slightly over time, so I don't want to freak out over it.

I'll admit I have been more serious in this game so far lol. I noticed it too. I think it may be because I don't know the people here yet and they don't know me yet, so I don't want them to think of my smilies as obnoxious/scummy rather than as just CL being CL. [Image: banana_smiley_28.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Catholic_Lady's post
20-09-2015, 01:33 PM
LOL looks like Tarty is being a weirdo again, but he was town last game when he was acting weird. So yeah, not sure what to think.
20-09-2015, 01:52 PM
CURRENT VOTE COUNT

Undergroundp - 1
[Mathilda]
Losty - 1 [Catholic_Lady]

Six votes are required to lynch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
20-09-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm waiting for comments on my comments to proceed Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
20-09-2015, 02:05 PM
(20-09-2015 01:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  My thoughts.

2. What I was trying to say is that I feel someone here is a townie and I would say who and why, but my explanation would make them a target for the Mafia, so I'll keep it to myself until you decide to lynch me or them.

3. Mathilda is usually really active even from day 1 so her eagerness to lynch random people doesn't seem scummy to me. Losty is generally not very active these days so I wouldn't suspect her either for now.

That's all I have for now.

You should absolutely say who you think is town, and why. That doesn't make them a target for scum. Not unless they soft hint power (which nobody has at this point as far as I can tell), in which case you should force them to claim and lynch them if they don't, because they're likely going to die. Your arguments as for why they are town will tell us if YOU are town or not. The only time you wouldn't want to try to force a claim is if you think their hint isn't something scum would pick up (normally however, they are more likely to pick it up, because they know who is town and who isn't) But you should always tell people if you think someone is town, and form an argument for it. Leave out anything that might expose their power if you think they have one, but more information is better. If you are killed you won't have an opportunity to save them if we end up thinking they're scum later on.
[+] 4 users Like Ash's post
20-09-2015, 02:06 PM
(20-09-2015 01:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  1. We're usually silent on day 1 because no matter who dies, we'll actually have some solid info from night investigations and townie cliques start forming (which is impossible here)

We can't wait for investigations. There won't be many power roles in this game, there may not even be an investigative roles apparently, or if there is it may not achieve a result on the first night.

(20-09-2015 01:20 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  2. What I was trying to say is that I feel someone here is a townie and I would say who and why, but my explanation would make them a target for the Mafia, so I'll keep it to myself until you decide to lynch me or them.

But it would also help the rest of town if you say, unless you think that because they have let slip that they are a power role (as opposed to pretending to be a power role) in which case yes you shouldn't draw attention to it.