Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread
Question: How long does the day phase and night phase last?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
18-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Hi! I've been invited to play here. I hope that is ok!

So, here I am, ready for this game. Smile

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
18-09-2015, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 10:14 AM by Unbeliever.)
Well, with Undergroundp's sign-up, we now have enough players to run a bare-bones scenario. If we get more players joining in, though, it'll be much more interesting for all involved, so if anyone is on the fence, I highly encourage you to jump in. It's a simple scenario specifically for you newbies.

And the games I participate in generally have four-day Days and two-day Nights, though this time can be altered depending on time constraints for the various players involved. And the Mafia can only communicate privately during the Night phase, as per standard - I will create a thread elsewhere (hosted on another site and known only to myself and the Mafia members) for this purpose. No other out-of-thread communication will be allowed.

EDIT: Mafia discussions will be hosted on QuickTopic, for those curious, and will be made open for viewing at the end of the game to ensure that everyone can see that there was no cheating.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
18-09-2015, 09:59 AM
(18-09-2015 09:56 AM)Aroura Wrote:  Hi! I've been invited to play here. I hope that is ok!

Perfectly fine.

We'll be starting tomorrow, with however many players we have.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
18-09-2015, 11:08 AM
(18-09-2015 09:56 AM)Aroura Wrote:  Hi! I've been invited to play here. I hope that is ok!

*waves*
18-09-2015, 11:09 AM
(18-09-2015 09:59 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And the games I participate in generally have four-day Days and two-day Nights, though this time can be altered depending on time constraints for the various players involved. And the Mafia can only communicate privately during the Night phase, as per standard - I will create a thread elsewhere (hosted on another site and known only to myself and the Mafia members) for this purpose. No other out-of-thread communication will be allowed.

Wait wait wait.

Not only we won't be able to communicate with each other but the day phase may last four days? Shocking

So... what are we supposed to do for four whole days? Blink

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
18-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Mafia aren't allowed to communicate during the day?

Are claims outlawed? I saw that no quoting PM's, but I know in some open setups claims aren't allowed.
18-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Wait what? Four day and two day phases? That's insane, please don't do that. Do either 12 or 24 hour phases.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-09-2015, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 11:31 AM by Mathilda.)
Style of play:

Mafiascum.net: Ten days per day phase. Starts with random votes which no one pays attention to. Then voting for you if they don't like the tone of your post. Eventually they vote for you for any minor errors they perceive. Humour absolutely forbidden. Lots of acronyms and conformity.

AF: 24 hour per phase. Day 1 starts with banter and smilies which turns to arguing. 20 minutes before the deadline lynch wagons quickly form. 5 minutes before the deadline "Quick! everyone vote X instead!". Half an hour twilight after lynch "Why the hell did we vote X??"

TTA: 12 hour phases. Day 1 everybody automatically votes no lynch and nothing is said. People wanting a lynch on day 1 are looked at suspiciously. Day 2 no results turn up so again it's no lynch. Day 3 "Shit! we have to lynch someone or we're going to lose! Does anyone have any results?"
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-09-2015, 11:23 AM
(18-09-2015 11:09 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Wait wait wait.

Not only we won't be able to communicate with each other but the day phase may last four days? Shocking

So... what are we supposed to do for four whole days? Blink

The Mafia still plays the game during the Day phase. They're just not able to communicate privately between themselves. During the Day phase, the Mafia members try to blend in with the rest of the players and get the wrong people lynched.

Mafia are always playing. The only people who might have nothing to do are the vanilla townies, who just have to wait out each Night phase and hope they don't get shot. Cops, Doctors, and the Mafia all have things to do during the Night.

It's also worth noting that neither the Day nor the Night usually lasts for the full time. That's the limit, not the requirement. The Day ends when someone is lynched, and the Night ends when all power roles have decided who their targets are and the Mafia has chosen a victim. It very rarely takes the full time.

(18-09-2015 11:18 AM)Ash Wrote:  Are claims outlawed? I saw that no quoting PM's, but I know in some open setups claims aren't allowed.

Claims are allowed. You just can't quote role PMs to try and back it up - not that it would matter, really, since I tend to use form-letter role PMs just in case someone forgets this rule.