Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread
(18-09-2015 12:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm sticking with simple voyeurism this time, though! Angel Let you young folk perform for me! Tongue

Lynch TheGulegon for opportunism.

Easy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-09-2015, 04:09 PM
I don't necessarily hate gagged games. It's just....gagged games are more work and less fun IMO

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-09-2015, 04:39 PM
I've only played 1 ungagged game. I'm open to trying whatever each mod decides for the games.

Gagged games do seem to be harder in their own way, but ungagged offer their own challenges. The problem I had with the ungagged game was that it kind of defeats the entire purpose of having a game thread. It's a whole different mafia game.

I have started writing games over at AF, and so far I prefer running and playing gagged games, and if I'm ever allowed to run one here, it will probably also be gagged. However, I'm happy to play with whatever rules the mod of the game decides. If someone runs an ungagged game, I'm totally playing it, too!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
18-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Also, I think cliques are more likely to form in ungagged games, leaving out new or unpopular players even if they are on your own team. Do you guys ever get those weird, wacky players? Those who may not be great at the game? Is it possible that they ever get left out when people are decide to try and form alliances in private? I guess that would be my main concern.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
18-09-2015, 04:44 PM
AURORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSS!
[+] 3 users Like Catholic_Lady's post
18-09-2015, 05:36 PM
(18-09-2015 04:42 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Also, I think cliques are more likely to form in ungagged games, leaving out new or unpopular players even if they are on your own team. Do you guys ever get those weird, wacky players? Those who may not be great at the game? Is it possible that they ever get left out when people are decide to try and form alliances in private? I guess that would be my main concern.

Good point. This is a game specifically for new players.
18-09-2015, 05:53 PM
We need 2 more people.
18-09-2015, 05:57 PM
(18-09-2015 05:53 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  We need 2 more people.

Well, we can play the game with ten. Nine is about as small as I think Mafia can get and still work, but ten is doable. Twelve would be much more fun for everyone involved, though.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
18-09-2015, 06:08 PM
(18-09-2015 05:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 05:53 PM)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  We need 2 more people.

Well, we can play the game with ten. Nine is about as small as I think Mafia can get and still work, but ten is doable. Twelve would be much more fun for everyone involved, though.

I'll see what I can do.
18-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Sorry, maybe I missed the post - what's the voting rule? In the event of a tie both die? No one dies??