Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread
(18-09-2015 07:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sorry, maybe I missed the post - what's the voting rule? In the event of a tie both die? No one dies??

If no majority is reached, there is no lynch.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 09:00 PM
(18-09-2015 04:42 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Also, I think cliques are more likely to form in ungagged games, leaving out new or unpopular players even if they are on your own team. Do you guys ever get those weird, wacky players? Those who may not be great at the game? Is it possible that they ever get left out when people are decide to try and form alliances in private? I guess that would be my main concern.

I can't speak for everyone but there's no such thing as an unpopular player in my book. It makes no sense to leave people out (even if they are wacky), because it hurts your chance to win. It's not highschool and most players here are grown up and mature. In my experience we have all played well together without any apparent cliques. Someone else might have a different view than I do.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
18-09-2015, 09:24 PM
(18-09-2015 07:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 07:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sorry, maybe I missed the post - what's the voting rule? In the event of a tie both die? No one dies??

If no majority is reached, there is no lynch.

Do you allow people to change their vote, or to recant their vote? May I also suggest that you do NOT count votes from posts that have been edited for obvious reasons.

18-09-2015, 09:55 PM
(18-09-2015 09:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Do you allow people to change their vote, or to recant their vote?

Yes. Both of those are allowed under standard Mafia rules.

(18-09-2015 09:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  May I also suggest that you do NOT count votes from posts that have been edited for obvious reasons.

Editing posts is not allowed.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
18-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Editing posts isn't even an option here is it?

Oh nevermind lol. I didn't see the edit button because it only shows on my own posts. Blush Facepalm

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Since we have ten players, we'll be starting this game later today. I'll wait until 3:00 p.m. EST before creating the thread, though, in case Catholic Lady managed to find any last-minute sign-ups who want to join in.

19-09-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm outta sync with you guys by quite a lot, allow me to remind you...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Basically, I might be doing strange things at strange times... just a heads up Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-09-2015, 09:33 AM
(19-09-2015 09:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Basically, I might be doing strange things at strange times... just a heads up Tongue

And it's for this reason that I am reluctant to go shorter than four-two phases.

For standard, gagged Mafia games, where the game depends on everyone's actions in the game thread, and outside communication is not allowed, it becomes a serious issue for players in different time zones to play at all if the Day and Night phases get shorter than that. Yes, it's slower than what you've all apparently been playing thus far, but it's a different style of game. It needs to be at least a bit slower or it simply won't work.

So. Show of hands. I personally think that four-two is the way to go (and four-two is considered pretty quick anyway), but if everyone is absolutely determined to apply the nitro and play an extremely fast game, we could go two days per Day and one per Night. Which would you prefer?

19-09-2015, 09:55 AM
I don't really think I want to play if the phases are going to be longer than 24 hours. I suppose I could stand 48hr days and 24hr night, but anything longer than that and I'm going to get too bored.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post