Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Revenge of the Mafia - Recruitment Thread
Oh and at AF we play almost always gagged games and never seem to have a problem with 24 hour phases.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Where I've played is always 48 hour days, 24 hour nights. No outside communication unless your role specifies otherwise (scum allowed to communicate during day or night). 4-day days is fine though. We can end day when we want (hell, even when I've played 48 hour days, we've had days last less than 5 hours). The real difficulty is the long night phase. JMO.
19-09-2015, 10:26 AM
24 hours is long enough.
19-09-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm all for 24 hour phases, though I'd work with 48. Longer than that seems rally long for a small game like this. I mean, if this was one of those 25 person games, I can see the reason for very long phases, but not for small games.

Then again, I've never played a game with phases longer than 24 hours, so...who knows?

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
19-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I find the longer game phases certainly less fun. I have played two games on mafiascum and they're far more serious. There's no humour or banter and you can't get socially involved in them. The social aspect is the best thing about playing on TTA and AF. I say do 24 hour phases here and then see if people want to lengthen them in another game. Otherwise the game is not likely to happen and Mafia will die again on TTA. We had a lot of fun with previous games here.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
19-09-2015, 12:38 PM
I am not willing to do twenty-four hour Days, largely because I am unsure if I personally will be able to consistently post that quickly, and the moderator not being able to keep up could be a bit of an issue. I will, however, take us down to two-day Days and one-day Nights, since everyone here seems to prefer that.

The game will start in twenty minutes or so. I will post the thread soon.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
19-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Ok. Here we go...

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
20-09-2015, 11:46 AM
damn it, how could you close the signups before I arrived. I demand a rematch

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 3 users Like Aoi Magi's post
21-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Well I have been following the current game thread and I'm sort of regretting not getting in on it. But I think it's best as I'll be somewhat busy this week so I have decided that I'll jump in on the next game should there be one.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
21-09-2015, 03:45 AM
(21-09-2015 03:30 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well I have been following the current game thread and I'm sort of regretting not getting in on it. But I think it's best as I'll be somewhat busy this week so I have decided that I'll jump in on the next game should there be one.

Yay! Look forward to playing with you.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post