Revenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Revenge
(07-11-2015 08:54 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Anyway, if you made a 10% of the effort you made in order to punish this guy into making sure that he can enjoy a beer with his mates without getting caught....

Bearing in mind that one day you'll go into combat with this guy and will need to rely on him...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-11-2015, 04:44 AM
Someone fucks up and it's everyone's fault? So the remedy to the situation is bullying the fuck up until he stops fucking up?

He was breaking the rule of law, so the solution is targeted group harassment that also incidentally violates the rule of law? Two wrongs making a right?

Collective punishment, revenge, and vindictive petty (and not so petty, considering the car) bullshit. Good to know the military operates like an ass-backwards middle school.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-11-2015, 05:54 AM
(08-11-2015 04:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Someone fucks up and it's everyone's fault? So the remedy to the situation is bullying the fuck up until he stops fucking up?

He was breaking the rule of law, so the solution is targeted group harassment that also incidentally violates the rule of law? Two wrongs making a right?

Collective punishment, revenge, and vindictive petty (and not so petty, considering the car) bullshit. Good to know the military operates like an ass-backwards middle school.

It's been a long time since I was in Basic Training but yeah, they did tend to punish all for the screw ups of one. A rainy winter in Alabama left our platoon with numerous evenings of grass drills before chow. Grass drill are basically different exercises and low crawling and crap like that which we were made to do in a ravine between our barracks and the chow hall. So we got to roll around in icy cold water for about half an hour and then go eat in our cold, wet gear. It was miserable.

We also would get our precious couple of Sunday afternoon hours of free time taken away based on the performance of the platoon as a group. 48 of us could do everything right but if 2 screwed up we were all punished.

But the 'thought' behind it was that we had to all work together to make sure things were done correctly - by everyone. So one dipshit, or one asshole, could make everyone suffer.

I don't recall any actual revenge but there were definitely a couple people who were not exactly well-liked. There were those we could drag along just to get things done but those who didn't care that everyone suffered.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-11-2015, 06:01 AM
(07-11-2015 06:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess you guys weren't in the service...

It's how it goes.

When you fuck up, and bring down the wrath of the command on everyone -- you get what's coming to you.....

Talking nice to the stupid fuck, never works....

Talking nice never works but bullying the shit out of him worked I suppose? Have you considered that maybe the initial attack against him made him even more aggressive?

Military service is mandatory here in Greece.
These are the reasons people here pretend to be crazy so they can avoid the army, but when it's inevitable, they often come out with serious psychological problems and/or drug addictions. Suicides are a rather common phenomenon. People in the US may get PTSD after the war, but people here get PTSD after their training.

Acting like a bully won't help kids grow up and become responsible adults. It will make them bullies themselves. People in the military seem to fail to see that.

Have you heard of something called "breaking the cycle"?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
08-11-2015, 07:40 AM
As long as it's funny, that's what's important.

[Image: YDnpR54h.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-11-2015, 09:05 AM
(07-11-2015 06:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I guess you guys weren't in the service...

It's how it goes.

When you fuck up, and bring down the wrath of the command on everyone -- you get what's coming to you.....

Talking nice to the stupid fuck, never works....

I was in the service, but the retaliation was well beyond the pale, and a bit disturbing to say the least for a loss of a cheap beer machine. You got him in trouble for being late, you hid his clothes fine, but to top it all off you had to urinate on his new car. It seems like a pretty dick move, and even more so for that fact that no one thought to say that's enough. Where were all the NCOs at, just turning a blind eye?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
08-11-2015, 10:47 AM
(07-11-2015 08:54 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Anyway, if you made a 10% of the effort you made in order to punish this guy into making sure that he can enjoy a beer with his mates without getting caught....

Yeah -- that makes sense -- cozy up to an asshole so you can help him break the rules that are already getting him in trouble.............................

I guess I should have been more detailed -- this guy didn't just make it hard on himself ---

Before he came along - the base policy was to "wink and nod" at underage drinkers....

He made an artform of being a malicious asshole when drinking. (of course he was an asshole sober too...)

The policy changed because of him -- and MOST of the non-rates were no longer to get away with drinking openly... They had to hide to have a drink -- INCLUDING a few of the married personnel who were not 21.

He wasn't some poor innocent who "just needed understanding."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-11-2015, 11:27 AM
(08-11-2015 10:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah -- that makes sense -- cozy up to an asshole so you can help him break the rules that are already getting him in trouble.............................

Making an enemy out of somebody you bunk next to and who is supposed to watch your back in action makes more sense?

Even if that particular guy deserved what he got, the principle behind that is stupid. Makes you a puppet in the hands of the command , doing their dirty work.
They are the ones who should discipline him and if they can't, remove him from the unit , eventually dismiss him from the army all together if he can't fit in or refuses to follow the rules.

Not to mention that command does this on purpose most of the times, planned activities are often presented as a punishment.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
08-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Revenge
It amazes me how people that have never served just don't get it. Regardless of what everyone does to a fuckup, it's a lot better fate than getting subjected to the UCMJ.

I don't even know where to begin as far as the stories go. Being in the Navy it was hard to run away from the problems you cause.

Probably the least spectacular revenge was to the leading petty officer in my shop. Everyone hated that dick head. It was an unspoken group effort to cause him grief. If the prick left his keys unguarded someone always grabbed them and threw them in the ocean. He had to cut the locks off of everything constantly.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
08-11-2015, 05:59 PM
(08-11-2015 07:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  As long as it's funny, that's what's important.

[Image: YDnpR54h.jpg]

That's the character that made me a fan of Vince......

Eggar (edgar) in MIB was great too....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.