Revenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: Revenge
Sounds a bit like ye olde English public school such as the one I went to in Zimbabwe. When you're inside the system it's hard to see how things could be different, but once you leave... yes, we got a quality education, but anyone who didn't fit in had a rough time. Petty vindictiveness and adolescent power games were how discipline was kept. A guy one year older than you had the power to fuck up your life on a continuous basis. A lot of people look back on their school days with fondness, I look back with a considerable amount of revulsion, although, true enough, some of the friends I made then I still think of as friends today. But that was in spite of the system and not because of it. I think your so-great army sounds like the adult version of that intensified and made even more shit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-11-2015, 11:41 PM
(08-11-2015 10:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 09:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Some of them would even complain to the union about how it wasn't fair that people with so much less seniority than them were promoting ahead of them.
I don't like unions, I haven't had the misfortune to work for a company drowning under union pressure and I have never been a union member.

But my point was that if people are trained or brought up in an environment where pissing in a workmates car is seen as acceptable practice then they ain't going to be effective in the real world. They will likely be fired and potentially get a criminal record. Certainly mature leaders don't behave this way. It is more thuggery than respectable citizen.

I've never been hushed in the business world, I've always been able to speak my mind. However, in saying that, I have had a builder come to a dinner at my place (a boyfriend of a friend) and the garbage that comes out his mouth (sexism, racism etc) certainly wouldn't be tolerated in a corporate environment. I'm all for PC.

My (long distance) impression of Obama, given that he is the leader of an aggressive war-mongering country is that he is much, much better than Bush. Obama seems to show that he has respect for other cultures, where as Bush was of the opinion that USA is Good and other cultures are Bad, I think on the world scene Obama give the impression of an ambassador and Bush as a warlord. Obama's leadership is wasted if his army when abroad are warmongers rather than ambassadors.

My dad was in the military and then later went on to become a very successful business man. I think the military prepares you in many ways for a job in civilian life if you decide to go that route.

Imo, certain jobs allow for certain things that you wouldn't necessarily find in other professions. I think in some ways, it's also a way to blow off steam when you are working in a constant high stress environment.

I used to date a cop who would tell me stories about how he would joke around with coworkers about dead bodies or horrific events they would come across on the job. Were they childish assholes--no, not at all--they were dealing with extreme situations that were well outside of a typical civilian's frame of reference and humor helps to diffuse some of that. Did the guy I was dating tell those jokes to my conservative catholic friends and family? No of course not. I think most people who work in these types of jobs are able to balance when things are appropriate and when they are not.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-11-2015, 11:45 PM
(07-11-2015 01:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Another thread brought something up that reminded me of a series of incidents that happened when I was in the service.

It starts with a vending machine.

We had, in the barracks a beer machine. It was just a regular canned soda machine, filled with beer. Budwieser, Bud Lite, Miller, Miller Light, Olympia Gold or sometimes something good - like Heineken — although not all the time. A beer cost a quarter. It was actually cheaper than buying it at the exchange. (By like 50 cents a six pack). Not only was it cheap - it was kept extremely cold. So, you kept a pocket full of quarters - and you could be a happy camper.

There came a fly in the ointment.

His name was Dave Shelly. (Yup... I’m using his real name... the guy was really a fuckstick - and he deserves being outed)

He was straight out of boot camp - and 18 years old. At that time, the rules were – the drinking age on base would be the same as the state it was located in. We, being in California - observed a drinking age of 21.

Dave Shelly, did not. He got caught getting beer out of the vending machine - and was chastised for doing so. He wasn’t very bright – and got caught again, and again.... and again....

Rather than punishing him – they took away our beer machine. Anyone who’s been in the service knows why this is done. The “powers that be” are telling us – the peons – that we’re not doing a good job of disciplining our underlings – and it’s up to US the peons - to take care of things. It was up to US to instill in Dave Shelly, the error of his ways.

So, we did.

The first thing that happened - is his clothing, towel and room keys - would disappear out of the communal showers. So – he came down to the MAA office (master at arms – the guy in charge of the barracks) wrapped up in paper towels – looking for his clothes and keys... (they were found in his room..... imagine that)... The next two times it happened – the paper towel dispenser was “mysteriously” empty. His clothes and stuff were on the far side of the parking lot.

The next thing that happened - is he failed to show up at muster in the morning — (a punishable offense) – one of the other seamen was dispatched to find him. It turns out SOMEONE had tied a two by four to his doorknob with a tension hitch (trucker’s hitch) so tightly – he couldn’t open the door - which opened inward. He was on the second floor - and I guess he didn’t have the sack to jump out the window. .... After the third time it happened - he got restricted to base for 30 days. The “culprit” who rigged the door was never found.

Next - Dave had made the mistake of buying a new car. (I forget what model – some small domestic). He also made the mistake of leaving the windows open — and someone – or more likely several someones – used the car for a urinal.... When he closed the windows and locked the doors – they resorted to using the air intake forward of the windshield as the urinal. After a few hot days in the sun – he took to opening the windows during the day, and closing them at night. I’m betting the car still smells like a wino’s underwear....

Edit to add..... Then he made the mistake of leaving his laundry detergent in the laundry room, with his laundry in the machine - running unattended.... SOMEONE poured the entire contents of the detergent into the machine. The suds cascade was spectacular -- and took Dave hours to clean up.....

I could go on – but I think you get the drift.....

So – that’s one of my tales of revenge realized.

You got one??

Cool story. I enjoyed it.

I don't think I have taken revenge, but I remember seeing a goat get revenge.

It was when I was working on a farm as a boy. There was this older farmhand who used to give this goat shit. I've no idea why. These two just didn't get along.

The farmhand always got drunk at night and one night I saw him drive home. Pissed as a nute and seeing it was in the bush, he'd always just drive home pissed after going to the pub.

On this night I noticed the goat hanging around where he used to park his old holden. But the goat was hiding. When the guy got out of his car and bent over for some reason, the goat saw his chance and ran at full gallop towards the drunk's rear end and POW! The guy flew into his car and the goat scooted away at full throttle.

The guy never knew what happened. Nobody but the goat and I. And I wasn't telling. Smile

It was so funny. I loved that goat.

I'll never forget it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post