Reverse Presupp on Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2015, 01:27 AM
Reverse Presupp on Facebook
Hi gang,

I've been hanging out on Facebook recently and on my News and Science feeds when an article about evolution comes up or religion, Christians have been coming in and giving off 'bumper sticker theology" and Pascal's Wager.

I've been thinking about going all reverse presupp. on them (How do you know, You could be wrong, You could be a brain in a vat -- rinse, repeat) type responses.

I'm just wondering, would that be trolling?

I know to debunk these people, sometimes it takes a graduate level dissertation with footnotes and a bibliography but don't have the time to write one.

Thoughts?

Later,
ElectEngr
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2015, 01:42 AM
RE: Reverse Presupp on Facebook
Smart, witty, intelligent trolling is smart, witty and intelligent.

A graduate level dissertation is not what will change their minds. Only a revelation will do. Cos theists... right?

Question their method of knowing; their epistemology.

Or use a tazer... whatever works best for you.

Big Grin

13-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Ummm.."reverse presupp." is a contradiction in terms. You are just using a tactic against them but that is not reverse. The tazer is also a good idea.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-05-2015, 08:46 AM
How do you taser someone over Facebook? Can you taser anyone who has a Facebook account, over the internet, without having to, well, face them personally? I can think of some bigoted politicians who ought to be tasered, but they probably have bodyguards. If there's a way to do it over Facebook, maybe I'll consider making a Facebook account. Although, maybe not. I don't think I'd enjoy getting tasered myself, and there are probably people who would do it to me if I had a Facebook account and tasering over FB were a thing you could do.

Inquiring minds want to know.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
13-05-2015, 08:56 AM
P.S. Sometimes I preach the Flying Spaghetti Monster at people who try to evangelize me. I point out that my heaven is better than theirs because mine has a beer volcano. And I "prove" that Pastafarianism is the True Religion because all life has DNA and DNA is just like spaghetti. With just a bit of imagination you can completely flummox them because they have no talking points to use against the FSM.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 4 users Like daniel1948's post
13-05-2015, 09:07 AM
(13-05-2015 08:56 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  P.S. Sometimes I preach the Flying Spaghetti Monster at people who try to evangelize me. I point out that my heaven is better than theirs because mine has a beer volcano. And I "prove" that Pastafarianism is the True Religion because all life has DNA and DNA is just like spaghetti. With just a bit of imagination you can completely flummox them because they have no talking points to use against the FSM.

Laugh out load

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased