18-06-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: Revisiting the Political Compass
I noticing a trend...

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 12:03 PM
(18-06-2014 11:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I noticing a trend...

Well, it's a bit of a cheat, really. Shy

The questions relied on stereotypical biases leading to a particular, expected stereotypical extreme. There is a reason why there was no "neutral" position to choose... it was a measurement of extremes.

Extremes have little to do with the large bell curve where the actual majority of a population sits.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-06-2014, 02:11 PM
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-4.50&soc=-7.33]

We are all pretty left leaning here it would seem.

I used to be almost dead center, leaning left, on a similar kind of quiz.
18-06-2014, 02:14 PM
(18-06-2014 12:03 PM)kim Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 11:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I noticing a trend...

Well, it's a bit of a cheat, really. Shy

The questions relied on stereotypical biases leading to a particular, expected stereotypical extreme. There is a reason why there was no "neutral" position to choose... it was a measurement of extremes.

Extremes have little to do with the large bell curve where the actual majority of a population sits.

Not to pat ourselves on the back too hard, but the left is always the position of progressives. We, in general, are pro personal freedoms (which includes sexual freedom, and the freedom "from" religion in addition to freedom "of" religion). We, in general, tend to be more educated on current events and globally conscious. We live in the era where capitalism is not always a good thing. These results don't surprise me.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
18-06-2014, 03:08 PM
[Image: pcgraphpng.png]
18-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Announcement

The statue to Karl Marx will be dedicated tomorrow at Noon. This is all, ya filthy commies. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-06-2014, 04:14 PM
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.25&soc=-3.79]

I guess I'm pretty moderate compared to most people on here eh? Definitely have to answer like an asshole to get on the right it seems. I agree that this test seems to push the left issues more based on wording and no middle option, very little room for circumstantial considerations.

Personally, I much preferred this political quiz due to the wide range of "Choose another stance" options, however I don't like the output as much (I rather like the graph). I guess it's more helpful when it comes time to vote though.
http://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
19-06-2014, 03:07 AM
(18-06-2014 06:55 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 06:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Couldn't you have just got the URL by right-clicking on the picture?

nope,no such thing as "right click" on my phone.

On your cell, you should be able to do "press and hold" for a second or two, which ought to be equal to "right click" on a PC, and a menu should show up with one option name like "Info" or "Properties" that will ultimately lead you to the URL of the pic.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 3 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
19-06-2014, 07:40 AM
(19-06-2014 03:07 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 06:55 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  nope,no such thing as "right click" on my phone.

On your cell, you should be able to do "press and hold" for a second or two, which ought to be equal to "right click" on a PC, and a menu should show up with one option name like "Info" or "Properties" that will ultimately lead you to the URL of the pic.

^^This.

Atir aissom atir imon
19-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Do you all you heathens HAVE to be so stereotypical?

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]