Revival at the Rodeo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Revival at the Rodeo
Every year my father in Law takes everyone to the rodeo at the local fair grounds. They have the same announcer every year and he's pretty good. He usually offers a prayer at the beginning of the event and I don't mind that kind of thing. The area I live in is pretty religious and most attending are Christians.

This last year there was much more than just a benediction. He went into a whole sermon practically for several minutes. He said that no one could be moral if they do not accept Jesus. He said no one could be a good father or husband without Jesus. He admonished us to accept Jeeeesssssus into our hearts and start to live right!

Now normally I overlook a little religion at these events but I wanted to jump up and go find the organizer to rip him a new one. I didn't because I had not paid for the tickets and I didn't want to ruin the day for everyone. It was just so infuriating that this guy feels he has the right to do this to people who paid to see a rodeo.

Then after his sermon was finished and the rodeo started, he proceeded to make off color jokes full of sexual innuendo in his banter with the rodeo clown and the audience. Amazing. I guess he's allowed to since he has Jeeeessssus's Human sacrifice under his belt to make it all go away. And they say we are arrogant.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
12-08-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Revival at the Rodeo
Take him to an Easyrider's Rodeo....

They'll laugh his ass off the stage...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-08-2015, 08:31 AM
My advice. Stop going to rodeos. Disgusting things. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-08-2015, 08:42 AM
(12-08-2015 08:31 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My advice. Stop going to rodeos. Disgusting things. Lol

I do enjoy the barrel racing. I don't like watching the bull riding because I'm always afraid I'm going to see someone die. I enjoy the spectacle of men and women who are really good at what they do. I don't enjoy seeing the animals getting hurt. Not something I would go to normally but It's kind of a big thing for my family to do every year together.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
12-08-2015, 08:59 AM
(12-08-2015 07:49 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  He went into a whole sermon practically for several minutes. He said that no one could be moral if they do not accept Jesus. He said no one could be a good father or husband without Jesus. He admonished us to accept Jeeeesssssus into our hearts and start to live right!

Clearly, this man was just dumped by his atheist gay lover just before they got around to adopting and is getting back at him in his own way. Hobo

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
12-08-2015, 12:48 PM
(12-08-2015 08:31 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My advice. Stop going to rodeos. Disgusting things. Lol
I agree with you Hobbitgirl! We have a large rodeo here every year, & we will not attend....ever!
[+] 1 user Likes Mrs.B's post
12-08-2015, 12:55 PM
There seems to be an affiliation with cowboy's and religion around where I live- cowboy church.

I'm just a little disgusted with the idea that you can specialize to one minority segment of the population and still fill the damn churches up with that minority.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-08-2015, 03:30 PM
For some reason, this thread reminded me of this:

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-08-2015, 05:40 PM
(12-08-2015 12:55 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There seems to be an affiliation with cowboy's and religion around where I live- cowboy church.

I'm just a little disgusted with the idea that you can specialize to one minority segment of the population and still fill the damn churches up with that minority.
It's funny but I've never associated Cowboys with religion. We have lots of cowboys here as well as lots of Amish and Menonites. lots of Catholics and Mormons.