Revolutionaries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Revolutionaries
Reading yesterday in the New York Times I find out that there is a new documentary about Angela Davis.

It is apparently quite flattering of Ms. Davis, which is exactly the opposite of what it should be.

Like a lot of people in the 60's and early 70's Ms. Davis espoused revolutionary action. She even purchased the guns used in the infamous Marin Co. courthouse shootout. Then when the shit hit the fan she ducked behind the legal system she purported to be against.

One cannot simultaneously claim to be revolutionary and then hide when things get difficult. One must be prepared to die or be incarcerated for the revolution or one must not propose it.

If ones words or actions suggest violence against the state one must be prepared to accept that violence may be directed against oneself. To do otherwise makes ones words or actions meaningless. Ms. Davis made her words and actions meaningless and so deserves condemnation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: Revolutionaries
She sounds like a bit of a African American icon. So what, the people making this doc are going to portray her in a bad light? I can see the "that's racist" line being screamed at them now.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply